Afghan Finger Trophies.

Options
Chike
Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
And we're supposed to feel bad about 9/11???

Twelve American soldiers face charges over a secret "? team" that allegedly blew up and shot Afghan civilians at random and collected their fingers as trophies.

Five of the soldiers are charged with murdering three Afghan men who were allegedly killed for sport in separate attacks this year. Seven others are accused of covering up the killings and assaulting a recruit who exposed the murders when he reported other abuses, including members of the unit smoking hashish stolen from civilians.

Also, on another note.... wtf is the U.S. Army doing GUARDING a poppy field? Can someone elaborate this for me?

Morlock and another soldier, Andrew Holmes, were on guard at the edge of a poppy field when Mudin emerged and stopped on the other side of a wall from the soldiers.

Comments

• TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    And we're supposed to feel bad about 9/11???

Twelve American soldiers face charges over a secret "? team" that allegedly blew up and shot Afghan civilians at random and collected their fingers as trophies.

Five of the soldiers are charged with murdering three Afghan men who were allegedly killed for sport in separate attacks this year. Seven others are accused of covering up the killings and assaulting a recruit who exposed the murders when he reported other abuses, including members of the unit smoking hashish stolen from civilians.

Also, on another note.... wtf is the U.S. Army doing GUARDING a poppy field? Can someone elaborate this for me?

Morlock and another soldier, Andrew Holmes, were on guard at the edge of a poppy field when Mudin emerged and stopped on the other side of a wall from the soldiers.

Well we already know the answer to that one. lol Probably one of the reasons we're in Afghanistan in the first place, although I could be wrong.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    stop hating on the army's heroin hustle

they gettin money

if pookie from the hood was selling drugs, would you snitch on him?

no

so put on a "FREE THE US ARMY" t-shirt and don't talk to the UN, ?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Can I feel bad about 9/11 and U.S Army atrocities? Am I allowed to do that? Am I? I hate how ? front like the two are mutually exclusive. I'm anti-slaughtering-civilians.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Taliban relies on the heroin trade for funding, despite the obvious unislamic nature of slangin H
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Can I feel bad about 9/11 and U.S Army atrocities? Am I allowed to do that? Am I? I hate how ? front like the two are mutually exclusive. I'm anti-slaughtering-civilians.

You can do anything you want, bro... lol calm down. I was trying to make a point.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well the Taliban's main source of income is the Heroin trade. The Army trying basically to cut off their bank account isn't really surprising.

As for the rest what can you really say anymore?

There are always a group of tyrants in war who are willing to do disgusting and inhumane things.

I suggest we chop each finger of theirs off for each trophy finger they collected before sending them to jail.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    what the hell does this story have to do with that?

an organization like the US military contains 12 ? ? what a shocking development
    it doesn't say they were guarding a poppy field, it says they were on guard near the edge of one.
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    what the hell does this story have to do with that?

an organization like the US military contains 12 ? ? what a shocking development

it doesn't say they were guarding a poppy field, it says they were on guard near the edge of one.

smh @ you acting like this ? doesn't happen on more occassions. In this case they just got caught/confessed.

And it says on the edge of a poppy field, not outer edge.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    smh @ you acting like this ? doesn't happen on more occassions. In this case they just got caught/confessed.
    i can equally shake my head at you acting like the US military is the only such organization who has a handful of people doing such stuff. although i guess they'd be the only ones you'd post about?
    And it says on the edge of a poppy field, not outer edge.
    what is this supposed distinction supposed to mean?