Does it bother you that Tech N9ne is a better rapper than Rick ross?

Options
Ajax McJones
Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Face Off Forum

Comments

• Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited September 2010
    Options
    bother me???
    this is common knowledge
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Tech Destroys Officer Ricky
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Tech Destroys Officer Ricky

lol yeah......
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i mean this is one of those situations where u cant really compare i mean ross would never make tracks like tech and tech wouldnt make songs like ross
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited September 2010
    Options
    um, im pretty sure than even the biggest ross fan knows his beats are superior than his lyrics. tech 9 is dope ass ? . I used to ? with him and ? heavy. However, rick makes music that appeals to more people...
  • Ajax McJones
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    um, im pretty sure than even the biggest ross fan knows his beats are superior than his lyrics. tech 9 is dope ass ? . I used to ? with him and ? heavy. However, rick makes music that appeals to more people...

I dunno some ross stans on the IC are saying that Ricky Saved Hip Hop and hes King of the south and that ? .
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LMAO. Hell naw. Ross makes better music than Tech but gotta respect his hustle game
  • SouthEastBeast
    SouthEastBeast Members Posts: 148
    edited September 2010
    Options
    How you gonna compare two artist in dfferent lanes???...They both good at what they do...Do you really think Tech is worried bout Ross stealing his fans?
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    How you gonna compare two artist in dfferent lanes???...They both good at what they do...Do you really think Tech is worried bout Ross stealing his fans?

And Tech has the juggalos on his side.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Tech 9>>>>>>>>
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    bother me???
    this is common knowledge

I guess so folks missed the memo lol
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    i mean this is one of those situations where u cant really compare i mean ross would never make tracks like tech and tech wouldnt make songs like ross

CORRECTION

tech has already made songs like ross
  • Waigo
    Waigo Members Posts: 167
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I dunno some ross stans on the IC are saying that Ricky Saved Hip Hop and hes King of the south and that ? .

Did you dislike Ross MORE after he dissed Eminem or have you always thought he was wack? What did you think of Port of Miami?
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Two totally different fanabses.

tech9ne.jpg
    Go to a Teach N9ne concert and then go to a Ricky Rozay concert

Rick Ross music appeals to a more broad audience of African-Americans while Tech N9ne's music appeals mainly to whites.

Hardly any Rick Ross fans know who this strange Midwest rapper who wears face-paint and hair-dye is. His large Juggaloo fanbase and collabs with Bizarre and horrorcore rappers makes him even less appealing to African American fans.

You can string together a bunch of fancy tounge-twisting words and be a wonderful rapper, but a true artist can put together actual songs, songs for the Club, songs to ride to, and songs that you canenjoy around women.

And Tech has the juggalos on his side.

Yes he does, the Juggalos adore tech N9ne
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nah.

Ross just makes better songs.
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited September 2010
    Options
    anyone that says tech n9ne doesnt have songs for all occasions really hasnt even listened to tech... maybe they skimmed thru his music

i wasnt even a tech fan at first because i, like many other AA's was jus turned off by the strangeness of it all... but i jus stopped being closed minded and listened to his entire collection... thats when i became a diehard appreciator of his music

because he really has done every type of song there is with jus about every style you can name. tech didnt even start with the strangeness untill the later part of his career(which we are still witnessing)

from 02 and on back he was very midwest and hood like,its his frustration with industry politics that turned the music strange IMO

but thats the case,not many people even go back and listgen to The Calm Before the Storm or the countless joints he did with 57th Street Rogue Dogg Villains,,, they jus think tech and go Devil Boy,Red Nose etc
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i prefer ross's music > tech n9nes even though tech is a better lyricist
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nah.

Ross just makes better songs.

if ross could make a better song than "this ring" i would buy it
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Two totally different fanabses.

tech9ne.jpg
    Go to a Teach N9ne concert and then go to a Ricky Rozay concert

Rick Ross music appeals to a more broad audience of African-Americans while Tech N9ne's music appeals mainly to whites.

Hardly any Rick Ross fans know who this strange Midwest rapper who wears face-paint and hair-dye is. His large Juggaloo fanbase and collabs with Bizarre and horrorcore rappers makes him even less appealing to African American fans.

You can string together a bunch of fancy tounge-twisting words and be a wonderful rapper, but a true artist can put together actual songs, songs for the Club, songs to ride to, and songs that you canenjoy around women.

Yes he does, the Juggalos adore tech N9ne

you continue to show that your the most ignorant person on here congrats
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    you continue to show that your the most ignorant person on here congrats

what did he say that wa signorant?
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    bother me???
    this is common knowledge
    I'm not bothered because Tech9 is just one of numerous rappers better than the "False Bawse" !!!
    Flow and Lyrics... think about it!
  • Ajax McJones
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Waigo wrote: »
    Did you dislike Ross MORE after he dissed Eminem or have you always thought he was wack? What did you think of Port of Miami?

I actually respected ross more when he apologized to eminem
    but ive always thought rick ross was an overated average drug/money/? rapper.

Port of Miami 6/10
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    anyone that says tech n9ne doesnt have songs for all occasions really hasnt even listened to tech... maybe they skimmed thru his music

i wasnt even a tech fan at first because i, like many other AA's was jus turned off by the strangeness of it all... but i jus stopped being closed minded and listened to his entire collection... thats when i became a diehard appreciator of his music

because he really has done every type of song there is with jus about every style you can name. tech didnt even start with the strangeness untill the later part of his career(which we are still witnessing)

from 02 and on back he was very midwest and hood like,its his frustration with industry politics that turned the music strange IMO

but thats the case,not many people even go back and listgen to The Calm Before the Storm or the countless joints he did with 57th Street Rogue Dogg Villains,,, they jus think tech and go Devil Boy,Red Nose etc

Anghellic-B00005NHLP-L.jpg
    You articulated that very well, its unfortunate that most people lack the intellectual capacity to express themselves in this fashion.

Being an A.A. I just find myself able to relate to "Maybach" music more than "Strange" music, The whole ICP face-paint and odd imagery just dosent appeal to me. Im more a fan of smooth laid-back head-nodding music.

With a million different rappers to choose from and new "hot" rappers popping up everyday, most people wouldnt take the time to peruse through an established artist entire catalog to find songs more appealing to their taste. A more viable option would be to listen to a rapper who's style and flavor is more suited to your own personal sensibilities.

This song that he did with Insane Clown Posse is one that I play at least once a day.

I actually respected ross more when he apologized to eminem
    but ive always thought rick ross was an overated average drug/money/? rapper.

Port of Miami 6/10

Post the video or the article to the Rick ross apology, I missed it.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yo t/s its cool that you dont like Ross and all, and imma let you finish hatin but for all the non ? that visit this thread check out this recent studio session with Ross and Cool n Dre.......
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited September 2010
    Options
    the strange ? soured me at first but the realness caught me

how could you not feel songs like " Tormented" explaining the desire to be closer to ? but the temptations of sex and weed are jus too much

a song like "real Enemy" . THERE IS NOT A MAN IN THIS WORLD WHO CANT UNDERSTAND THAT SONG

"simon says" and "the worst"... these are songs of the average midwest cat jus tryna get thru life but keep running into struggle

but people jus wanna say "devil boy" is bad when that is a song saying "dont call me devil boy!!!!!!!!!"