Man sets fire to the Koran at ground zero.

Options
apocalyptica
apocalyptica Members Posts: 225
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge

My hat goes off to this man. He has ? . The sad thing about this video is that the police take him away like he is doing something wrong. Its a sign that we're letting this mudslimes dictate what is acceptable in our country and we're punishing people for doing something they are allowed to do whether you disagree with it or not when its protected under OUR laws. The sad irony is that we're wanting to silence people because we want to cater to people who want to commit worse crimes of violence compared to simply burning stupid pages in a ? stupid book. People commiting violence are wrong not the person burning a dumb ? book.

I kind of want this all to come to a head and there is a part of me that wishes for this to all explode so total war can break out and we can find get the inevitable over and done with.

Comments

• dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i like to gather up all major religion books and set them on fire, this ? over who has the best ? is retared
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Log off and ? yourself for supporting this. I'm an atheist and would never burn someones religious book. You want to do something productive for 9/11 go help out family members of those killed, go find out new ways to prevent future attacks, go inspire non-radical Muslims to stand against those who are.

Burning a Quran does nothing but ? off 97% of Muslims who never had that issue with us to begin with and shows what a coward you really are as a person.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Shock thread.

Islam is not the issue. Radical Islamists that support violence to others is the issue. This guy apparently cant distinguish the two and disrespects the whole religion. If being stupid were a crime he should get the death penalty.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Shock thread.

Islam is not the issue. Radical Islamists that support violence to others is the issue. This guy apparently cant distinguish the two and disrespects the whole religion. If being stupid were a crime he should get the death penalty.

Actually, that is not the issue either. People who use a religious cover for political aspirations is the issue. Whether it be for or against. This conflict is not religious it is political. But the Media says it's religious so it must be, I guess. Never mind the fact that US corporations and conglomerates do business with religious dictators every day.

For Instance, looking at it objectively without prejudice and emotion. Since 1990, when this conflict with Muslim nations turned physical, who has killed more of the other. Christians killing Muslims or Muslims killing Christians?

I have the answer.

Most of us don't know what it is like to live in a war zone, but there are people all over the Earth who do.
  • apocalyptica
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Log off and ? yourself for supporting this. I'm an atheist and would never burn someones religious book. You want to do something productive for 9/11 go help out family members of those killed, go find out new ways to prevent future attacks, go inspire non-radical Muslims to stand against those who are.

Burning a Quran does nothing but ? off 97% of Muslims who never had that issue with us to begin with and shows what a coward you really are as a person.

So how many things are you not going to do simply because it ? Muslims off? You know in places like Sweden women are ? by Muslims and they rationalize their behavior because these Swedish women dress "slutty" compared to the (forced) modesty of their Muslim princesses. So now do we ban miniskirts and shorts on women because they might get their panties in a bunch? Lets refocus here and realize where the real problem lies which is with Muslims themselves. They don't know how to assimilate properly in western society and quite frankly if it wasn't for the hostility and some of the prejudice shown towards them they would feel perfectly comfortable in spreading their religion influence ? ways on the rest of us and if they gained significant clout in the US people like you would be accommodating their ? . Quite frankly I like actions such as this because at least I have some comfort that we won't end up like European countries and their unrestricted immigration policies that allow these people to immigrate there without any intention to assimilate and ? their country up.

You may be an atheist but your hand wringing and ? footing around solves nothing and won't do anything to bring about a secular society. Christians and Muslims alike would run roughshod all over your type ideologically speaking.

The point is, he has every right in OUR country to burn the book but they have no right to react violently and hopefully if we don't bow down to them they will be punished properly if they do.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So how many things are you not going to do simply because it ? muslims off? You know in places like sweden women are ? by muslimes and they rationalize their behavior because these swedish women dress "slutty" compared to their (forced) modesty of their muslim princesses. So now do we ban miniskirts and shorts on women because they might get their panties in the bunch? Lets refocus here and realize where the real problem lies which is with muslimes themselves. They don't know how to assimilate properly in western society and quite frankly if it wasn't for the hostility and some of the prejudice shown towards them they would feel perfectly comfortable in spreading their religion influence ? ways on the rest of us and if they gained significant clout in the US people like you would be accommodating their ? . Quite frankly I like actions such as this because at least I have some comfort that we won't end up like european countries and their unrestricted immigration policies that allow these people to immigrate there without any intention to assimilate and ? their country up.

You may be an atheist but your hand wringing and ? footing around solves nothing and won't do anything to bring about a secular society. Christians and Muslims alike would run roughshod all over your type ideologically speaking.

I would respond with some knowledge, but it's clear you're lost, have no idea about Islam whatsoever, and don't understand the meaning cultural difference and respecting that.

And in America men ? ? then rationalize it by saying ? costs too much to not ? ...
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So how many things are you not going to do simply because it ? Muslims off? You know in places like Sweden women are ? by Muslims and they rationalize their behavior because these Swedish women dress "slutty" compared to the (forced) modesty of their Muslim princesses. So now do we ban miniskirts and shorts on women because they might get their panties in the bunch? Lets refocus here and realize where the real problem lies which is with Muslims themselves. They don't know how to assimilate properly in western society and quite frankly if it wasn't for the hostility and some of the prejudice shown towards them they would feel perfectly comfortable in spreading their religion influence ? ways on the rest of us and if they gained significant clout in the US people like you would be accommodating their ? . Quite frankly I like actions such as this because at least I have some comfort that we won't end up like European countries and their unrestricted immigration policies that allow these people to immigrate there without any intention to assimilate and ? their country up.

The point is, he has every right in OUR country to burn the book but they have no right to react violently and hopefully if we don't bow down to them they will be punished properly if they do.

Man you really tell it like it aint
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Like i said before.. When the notion of burning the Quran came to fruition it started.. Its like a blurted statement in court that the Judge strikes down.. You cant unhear.. or unsee what was said or seen.. Not only is he ? on the memory of those that died.. he just inflamed the passions of muslims... and the extremist masqueraders
  • apocalyptica
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I would respond with some knowledge, but it's clear you're lost, have no idea about Islam whatsoever, and don't understand the meaning cultural difference and respecting that.

And in America men ? ? then rationalize it by saying ? costs too much to not ? ...

Most rapists in America are people who tend to be on the sadistic and narcissistic side and personally I've never heard that excuse before. Any interviews I heard from men who were rapists tend to focus on the fact that they have power over the woman and the fact that they can do something that is so forbidden and wrong and how powerful it makes them feel. However, again are we banning women from wearing mini skirts because of it? No. We realize its the rapists who are wrong in the situation even if the woman was wearing something provocative. People want to act like the same principle doesn't apply here because they throw out reason and logic and replace it with the illusion of tolerance and understanding.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Seriously. I see no reconciling the majority of these minds.

I don't want to live among the majority of THEM or those who they are fighting.

Why do we have to be in the middle of some crackers and Arabs who can't work out their differences? Black people in America need a separate state or territory outside of the influence and control of them.

Not like that ? Liberia experiment.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »

Why do we have to be in the middle of some crackers and Arabs who can't work out their differences? Black people in America need a separate state or territory outside of the influence and control of them.

Well there are also a lot of blacks who buy into the evil Muslim story.

Why can't we just separate people based on their way of living? Let those who like war, racism, and suppressed thought live together and the people who have free thought, understanding, compassion, and brains live on their own spot.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    But what do you think his motive(s) was for burning the Quran?

Was he trying to incite anger?

Was he showing he had more ? than other people?

Was he showing Americans should be allowed to do that?

Was he displaying his total disregard for the book?

What do you think he was trying to accomplish or make a statement of doing that?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    But what do you think his motive(s) was for burning the Quran? - To believe he was hurting those responsible for 9/11

Was he trying to incite anger? Nope, fear

Was he showing he had more ? than other people? Yup

Was he showing Americans should be allowed to do that? By right yes we should be able to do that, but I think it was more about "If you read this book you're the bad guy and I don't like you"

Was he displaying his total disregard for the book? Absolutely

What do you think he was trying to accomplish or make a statement of doing that?

He was trying to show people that he wasn't afraid of the new version of terrorists. He was trying to say that the guy in Florida was a ? and he wasn't. He was making a statement that Islam is responsible for 9/11.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Most rapists in America are people who tend to be on the sadistic and narcissistic side and personally I've never heard that excuse before. Any interviews I heard from men who were rapists tend to focus on the fact that they have power over the woman and the fact that they can do something that is so forbidden and wrong and how powerful it makes them feel. However, again are we banning women from wearing mini skirts because of it? No. We realize its the rapists who are wrong in the situation even if the woman was wearing something provocative. People want to act like the same principle doesn't apply here because they throw out reason and logic and replace it with the illusion of tolerance and understanding.

First off.

Muslims don't just go around ? women. Some times when an Arab woman does get ? though she does get punished for some reason I don't understand and don't agree with either way. But they still are punished for doing it like everyone else. It isn't like they are allowed to take the ? pepe lepue style and keep it movin. And no they don't do it for a power trip, they do it (make them dress covered and things like it) because they follow their religious book like it tells them to and don't want them running around the city looking like a ? .

But really bro, show me where Muslims just go around ? women with no punishment?
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited September 2010
    Options

you just brought me out of hiding.

why do you consider the liberia experiment ? ?

what about sierra-leone
    goes back hiding
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dholt23 wrote: »
    i like to gather up all major religion books and set them on fire, this ? over who has the best ? is retared

lol good one
  • Keston169
    Keston169 Members Posts: 422
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well there are also a lot of blacks who buy into the evil Muslim story.

Why can't we just separate people based on their way of living? Let those who like war, racism, and suppressed thought live together and the people who have free thought, understanding, compassion, and brains live on their own spot.

i agree with this this is how it should be life would be much more stressless if it were that way
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dholt23 wrote: »

As gratifying as this would feel, ultimately to rid this problem you'd probably have to gather up all the major religions members and set fire to them. Cuz really, it's not the book, its the people. That's just how we behave ya know.
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    *Qu'ran thanks.
  • apocalyptica
    edited September 2010
    Options
    First off.

Muslims don't just go around ? women. Some times when an Arab woman does get ? though she does get punished for some reason I don't understand and don't agree with either way. But they still are punished for doing it like everyone else. It isn't like they are allowed to take the ? pepe lepue style and keep it movin. And no they don't do it for a power trip, they do it (make them dress covered and things like it) because they follow their religious book like it tells them to and don't want them running around the city looking like a ? .

But really bro, show me where Muslims just go around ? women with no punishment?

I never said they are not punished. However the issue is the fact that in northern european countries there is a significant increase of ? since places like Sweden had more open door immigration policies and a lot of these rapes are done by Muslim men or men from Muslim countries and if you ever watch a documentary on cultural clashes that are occurring in European countries you will see that it is due to their failure to assimilate or the thinking of these rapists is based off their religious beliefs about women and how women in European countries are ? and thus feel free to treat them that way.

The issue is that its happening at all. Especially in places where without their presence you see a significant decrease in these crimes. Not to say these crimes were non-existent just SIGNIFICANTLY less. Fact. Luckily we don't have the same problem here however I think of actions like the video as...lets say pre-emptive measures and warnings. Its a good thing in my book because the alternative is much worse.
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    *Qu'ran thanks.
    Don't give a ? thanks. However if it really means that much to you, sorry if I said ? stupid koran in my original post instead of ? stupid qu'ran. I'll keep it in mind.

P.S. I don't care for other religions either however Muslims are probably the most objectionable group of religious folks around at the moment. Taking care of the biggest annoyance should be priority
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited September 2010
    Options
    He was trying to show people that he wasn't afraid of the new version of terrorists. He was trying to say that the guy in Florida was a ? and he wasn't. He was making a statement that Islam is responsible for 9/11.

Yeah, I think the strongest motive was he felt he wasn't going to back down just because it would upset Muslims.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Man you really tell it like it aint
    lmao.....................
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

I agree 110%
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

ignorance beyond reason

and why?

what was to be accomplished by doing that?

And should others religous text be destroyed over a small number of people actions?

Speaking of which...? was Catholic corrected?

What should be done?
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They should behead his ass. THATS RIGHT I SAID IT!!!!!