Better Catologue, The Notorious B.I.G or Dr. Dre?

Options
Mvpbrodie93
Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Both are legends in their own ways(dre producer, big emcee).

I chose this because they both have 2 albums, big obviously wasn't able to make a 3rd and were still waiting fir Detox from dre. But as it stands who has a better catologue: we know dre ain't a good rapper and has had ghostwriters but fir the sake of this discussion let's ignore it for now

Dr. Dre:
The Chronic

Biggie :

Ready to die
life after death

All for albums are arguable classics..

Comments

• supertitan
    supertitan Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Did you forget Dr. Dre Presents; The Aftermath?

I think Dr. Dre has a better catalog but since he didn't write 99% of his verses and there's a question as to how many of his own beats he even creates, I have to say Big is obviously a better MC by far.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited September 2010
    Options
    supertitan wrote: »
    Did you forget Dr. Dre Presents; The Aftermath?

I think Dr. Dre has a better catalog but since he didn't write 99% of his verses and there's a question as to how many of his own beats he even creates, I have to say Big is obviously a better MC by far.

Oh ? I fogot lol, but we ALL know big is a better mc this is just who has the better catalogue
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Both are legends in their own ways(dre producer, big emcee).

I chose this because they both have 2 albums, big obviously wasn't able to make a 3rd and were still waiting fir Detox from dre. But as it stands who has a better catologue: we know dre ain't a good rapper and has had ghostwriters but fir the sake of this discussion let's ignore it for now

Dr. Dre:
    The Chronic

Biggie :

Ready to die
    life after death

All for albums are arguable classics..

big...FUUK THAT! u cant 4get about that fake ? ? azz dre b doin thatz y he dont have no tru klassik u gotta come up wit ya own ? 2 have a klassik album fuuk just makin half of a beat!
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited September 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    big...FUUK THAT! u cant 4get about that fake ? ? azz dre b doin thatz y he dont have no tru klassik u gotta come up wit ya own ? 2 have a klassik album fuuk just makin half of a beat!

Lol at dre has no classics, the chronic is a classic. Arguably the best produced hip hop album ever, it was a game changer
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol at dre has no classics, the chronic is a classic. Arguably the best produced hip hop album ever, it was a game changer

? azz dre aint write a lick on that ? thatz y I dont c it as a klassik but it did have a big impact!
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Big's catalog >>> Dr. Dre's. I find both Ready To Die and Life After Death to be better albums than both Chronics. Which one is the better rapper is irrelevant, even though Biggie's clearly better, Dr. Dre is somewhat underrated as a rapper. Lyrically, Dr. Dre does nothing because he doesn't write his own rhymes, but his flow and delivery are superior. Usually ghostwriters write verses according to their own flow, Dre's writers write according to Dre's flow and cadence. There are rappers that are far superior to Dre lyrically, but don't have the mic presence that he has. I wouldn't put Dre in a Top 20 though.
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dre. 2001>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>99% of all hip hop albums ever.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That Aftermath album doesn't count, and if we're counting that towards Dre's catalog then Eminem's Re Up album should count towards his or Nas and the QB album.
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited September 2010
    Options
    come on MVP. you are by far the most unbiased poster on here, but this is kind of unfair. I just ignore the fact that Dre had 99% of his lyrics written for him while BIG didnt. then again, maybe if I look at it a different way. dre didn't write but he produced his ? . BIG wrote but didn't produce. I guess I would have to call it a tie.

The Chronic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ready to Die
    LAD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chronic 2001
  • supertitan
    supertitan Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    When I personally consider an artist's catalog, I consider all of their material..so Re-Up does count for Eminem the same way QB album counts for Nas. In fact I would go so far as to say their guest spots on other artisits' ? should count as well.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    come on MVP. you are by far the most unbiased poster on here, but this is kind of unfair. I just ignore the fact that Dre had 99% of his lyrics written for him while BIG didnt. then again, maybe if I look at it a different way. dre didn't write but he produced his ? . BIG wrote but didn't produce. I guess I would have to call it a tie.

The Chronic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ready to Die
    LAD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chronic 2001

Big has 2 classics, and dre has one...

But your right, chronic>>>>>Rtd