Another Tea Party Primary Triumph over the Delaware GOP establishment

Options
shootemwon
shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
Tea Party Candidate Christine O'Donnell has defeated Congressman Mike Castle, the establishment favorite, for the Delaware's GOP Senatorial nomination.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100914/NEWS/100914053/O+Donnell+rolls+over+Castle

Castle is one of those Moderate Republicans whose continuing existence has been called into great question over the past few years. Castle is evidence proof that they aren't all extinct yet, but the Tea Party is having great success in wiping out what remains of them.

Well, Castle was the hands down favorite for November, but with the extremist O'Donnell in his place, Delaware and the former Biden seat might just remain in Democratic hands this time.

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THEY WERE STUPID ENOUGH TO DO IT

son, Mike Castle was beating the Democrat by 10+ in every poll. That O'Donnell nut is LOSING by 10+ points to the Democrat.

That's according to RASMUSSEN. RealCleaPolitics just switched Delaware to "Likely Democrat". Tea Party ? UP here.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And after I forget about this news blurb, I'll go back to never thinking about Delaware.
  • Swiffness!
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'll always remember Mike Castle for his pathetic reaction to crazy-ass Birthers:
  • shootemwon
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I'll always remember Mike Castle for his pathetic reaction to crazy-ass Birthers:

I was raised to believe that Democracy was the greatest form of government out there. It's deeply ingrained in me. But I know it's not true, and videos like this show us why.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

...its like watching a lobotomy anonymous meeting...
  • Swiffness!
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    ...its like watching a lobotomy anonymous meeting...

and of course, she said

"I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!"

Hooray for the Tea Party!
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That's according to RASMUSSEN. RealCleaPolitics just switched Delaware to "Likely Democrat". Tea Party ? UP here.
    this is what the Tea Party does. they don't understand the concept of needing to run moderate Republicans if they have any hope of winning in these eastern states, and while i can respect their devotion to principle as a concept, i don't see how much it helps in the real world.

this reminds me of conservatives crying about Ehrlich and trying to get Murphy the win in our MD primary (which it seems will not happen); you idiots, a "conservative" candidate is not ever going to become governor of Maryland. what the ? are you idiots doing?
  • Swiffness!
    edited September 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    this is what the Tea Party does. they don't understand the concept of needing to run moderate Republicans if they have any hope of winning in these eastern states, and while i can respect their devotion to principle as a concept, i don't see how much it helps in the real world.

this reminds me of conservatives crying about Ehrlich and trying to get Murphy the win in our MD primary (which it seems will not happen); you idiots, a "conservative" candidate is not ever going to become governor of Maryland. what the ? are you idiots doing?

oh it gets worse

And the intellectual case against O’Donnell is overwhelming. A précis for those who have avoided the Delaware drama: O’Donnell lied about attending a Master’s degree program at Princeton University; claimed that her political enemies are creeping in the bushes outside her house; is opposed to the sinister habit of ? ; is a supporter of the “ex-? ” movement, despite the inconvenient revelation that her former staffer Wade Richards “returned” to homosexuality and denounced those peddling “cures” for his sexuality; filed a $6 million lawsuit against the conservative group ISI for “gender discrimination"; was denounced by her former campaign manager as a “fraud” who uses campaign donations to pay rent and utility bills; and has implied that her Republican opponent is ? . Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Or take this clip from Bill Maher’s old television show Politically Incorrect (which, upon re-watching, one will discover was pretty politically correct), during which the True Conservative Fun Destroyer explains to her fellow panelists that she wouldn’t lie to protect Jews during the Second World War (“Anne Frank? Oh, you mean that girl that lives in the attic?”) because “deception” is immoral. Either way, it’s a moot question, O’Donnell says, because “? would provide a way to do the right thing,”

http://reason.com/blog/2010/09/14/delawares-odonnell-disaster

lmfao oh wow

and Castle put all this out there ads too

dude seriously must've punched the ? out of a locker or something when the poll results came in

[video]http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7140347/[/video]
  • Swiffness!
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Delaware

2010 Senate
    50% ? (D), 34% O'Donnell (R) (chart)
    45% Castle (R), 35% ? (D)* (chart)

*Christine O'Donnell won the Republican primary last night

Favorable / Unfavorable
    Mike Castle: 44 / 40
    Chris ? : 31 / 33
    Christine O'Donnell: 29 / 50

laff.gif

Here's Christine O'Donnell on Bill Maher's old show saying she wouldn't lie to Nazis in order to protect Anne Frank during The Holocaust because that would be "dishonest".
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Damn, what is wrong with people?

If there is a ? , he would probably be more ? about you letting a fellow human die than you telling a lie to a ? ? . What a ? .
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What I want to talk about is why Delaware voters voted in some ? to office, I mean no self respecting person could ever get to the point where....Oh....my bad, carry on.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    What I want to talk about is why Delaware voters voted in some ? to office, I mean no self respecting person could ever get to the point where....Oh....my bad, carry on.

lol..........
  • untouchable1
    untouchable1 Members Posts: 69
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm not as politically informed as t/s, so forgive me if this is a stupid question but how does this guarantee ? the "W"?

I agree that the tea party is extreme right wing, and there are Conservative/Republican moderates who will shun her, but won't a majority of the voters simply tow the party line and vote for the person with the (R) next to their name?
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LMAO. so if that's her views toward ? , i wonder how she feels to be a teabagger
  • janklow
    edited September 2010
    Options
    and Castle put all this out there ads too
    dude seriously must've punched the ? out of a locker or something when the poll results came in
    you know, i know none of these predictions are a given, but when you have people predicting that Castle winning the primary means the GOP wins the seat and O'Donnell winning the primary means the GOP loses the seat... and you're raging about Congress backing Obama's ? RUINING THIS COUNTRY agenda... why wouldn't you want to make your best effort to take a Democratic seat in the Senate? what's the purpose here?

i don't ? get it
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    I was raised to believe that Democracy was the greatest form of government out there. It's deeply ingrained in me. But I know it's not true, and videos like this show us why.

Well winston churchill said it most desirably: "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter".
  • Bossmancuddy83
    Bossmancuddy83 Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    There are people in Deleware??????
  • Swiffness!
    edited September 2010
    Options
    But Christine O'Donnell didn't grow up in a strict religious household. For her, the turning point came in college.

While at Fairleigh Dickinson University, she told the Delaware News Journal in April 2004, she did things she now regrets. As the News Journal put it, those things were "drinking too much and having sex with guys with whom there wasn't a strong emotional connection."

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/09/christine_odonnells_sexual_evolution.php?ref=fpa
  • shootemwon
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Going to a tea party protest today, so I'll get to see how nutty these people are in person. Pray for us.

Someone is going to snap a photo of you and claim its proof they have diverse supporters
  • janklow
    edited September 2010
    Options
    shhh...
    I think it's a lil too early to be callin it in November, but yeah...
    well, you knpw, some of these "true conservative" candidates can win because they're running in notable conservative states, or because they have no real competition. but in cases like O'Donnell, ? it, i'm going to call it right now that she loses. i don't know what i'd do if proven wrong besides "admit it on the internet," of course.
    While at Fairleigh Dickinson University, she told the Delaware News Journal in April 2004, she did things she now regrets. As the News Journal put it, those things were "drinking too much and having sex with guys with whom there wasn't a strong emotional connection."
    i have a feeling we're getting to --if we're not already at-- the point where enumerating her personal failings isn't really going to mean anything to her supporters. it'll just be "the media picking on her" or "left-winning Democrat plots" or "bitter RINOs" or something.
  • elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited September 2010
    Options
    5 bucks that this crazy ass ? is going to win
  • shootemwon
    edited September 2010
    Options
    elhuey wrote: »
    5 bucks that this crazy ass ? is going to win

Make it 100 and PM me to set this up on pay pal
  • elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited September 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Make it 100 and PM me to set this up on pay pal
    haha, dammit, i was bluffing. i wasnt expecting anyone to take me up on a bet. besides i got banned from paypal for gambling. but really, i think this lunatic ? is going to win along with some of the other nut jobs. if i am wrong after the elections in a couple months, i will come back to this thread and admit that i was wrong. i promise.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yo bill maher may have really ? up her chances LMAO
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This woman is crazy! Sit back and read some of her responses.

http://thinkprogress.org/christine-odonnell-record/