The OFFICIAL 2010 General Election Thread

Options
shootemwon
shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Social Lounge
So with just 7 weeks to go, all eyes are on the Congressional midterm races. Democrats are plagued by stubborn unemployment numbers and low approval for recent policies passed by the Democrat-controlled Congress and signed by Obama, whose poll numbers are looking bleak for this election cycle as well.

Republicans are enthusiastic about their strong chance to gain a majority in the House of Representatives, and hopeful about the longshot possibility of winning control of the Senate as well. The high-profile Tea Party movement has injected another element of intrigue into this election year. Many Tea Party-backed outsider candidates have defeated establishment Republicans in GOP primary races, so despite the frustration with ruling party in Congress, many races will feature Republican nominees whose outside-of-mainstream policy stances may prove a liability for the Republican's chances at massive success.

Post predictions, comments, questions, and new stories related to the 2010 election right here.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ON NOVEMBER 2ND.

Comments

• Blue Libra
    Blue Libra Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Shout out to Barbara Boxer
  • shootemwon
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Blue Libra wrote: »
    Shout out to Barbara Boxer

The Boxer-Fiorina race is, in many ways, being look at as the measure of critical mass in the GOP's effort to win control of the US Senate. While Boxer has he slight upper-hand, should she slip and lose to Republican Challenger Carly Fiorina, the road to a power-shifting gain for the Republicans in the Senate becomes very apparent.

One note: Congressman Mike Castle, a moderate Republican who was the hands down favorite to be elected to the Senate from Delaware, has just been ousted in the GOP primary by Tea Party Candidate Christine O'Donnell. This gives the Democrats an opportunity to win a state that was previously a lost cause. I'm looking forward to seeing polls from Delaware now that the primary has ended.
  • MacOne
    MacOne Banned Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Mods, merge this under my primary thread and keep it stickied
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    MacOne wrote: »
    Mods, merge this under my primary thread and keep it stickied

pfft. Hater.
  • shootemwon
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    pfft. Hater.

Cosign. This thread shows potential. Let it breath.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    The Boxer-Fiorina race is, in many ways, being look at as the measure of critical mass in the GOP's effort to win control of the US Senate. While Boxer has he slight upper-hand, should she slip and lose to Republican Challenger Carly Fiorina, the road to a power-shifting gain for the Republicans in the Senate becomes very apparent.
    people who i hope lose: Boxer
    people who i will probably continue to dislike regardless of their status after the election: Boxer, Fiorina
    One note: Congressman Mike Castle, a moderate Republican who was the hands down favorite to be elected to the Senate from Delaware, has just been ousted in the GOP primary by Tea Party Candidate Christine O'Donnell. This gives the Democrats an opportunity to win a state that was previously a lost cause. I'm looking forward to seeing polls from Delaware now that the primary has ended.
    this is really very unfortunate for the Republicans
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Karl Rove dissed the ? outta O'Donnell. HAHA

"The Palin endorsement, I think, is disruptive and capricious," Krauthammer said Monday night on Fox News’ "Special Report." "Bill Buckley had a rule that he always supported the most conservative candidate who was electable, otherwise the vote is simply self-indulgence."

"Delaware is not Alaska," Krauthammer said of the state’s former Republican governor. "In Alaska you can endorse a Joe Miller, whose going to win anyway though he’s more conservative. In Delaware, O’Donnell is going to lose and that could be the difference between Republican and Democratic control" of the Senate.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited September 2010
    Options

I live in Delaware and the Democrats here are excited she won...most of them were hoping she won...as a result, ? is pretty much guaranteed a victory now.
  • MacOne
    edited September 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    people who i hope lose: Boxer
    people who i will probably continue to dislike regardless of their status after the election: Boxer, Fiorina

this is really very unfortunate for the Republicans

Why do you want Boxer to lose and who cares about what you think? You dont get to vote here
  • MacOne
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Go joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • janklow
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Why do you want Boxer to lose-
    she's an avowed anti-gun politician, and thus i hope she loses and can't vote for that kind of ? . frankly, i thought this was understood when i posted earlier
    -and who cares about what you think? You dont get to vote here
    i'm not sure you understand how this "internet forum" thing works
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • MacOne
    edited September 2010
    Options
    she's an avowed anti-gun politician, and thus i hope she loses and can't vote for that kind of ? . frankly, i thought this was understood when i posted earlier

i'm not sure you understand how this "internet forum" thing works

lol so you want a dumb ? like fiorina to win because boxer might take away your guns?

what a narrowminded idiot you are
  • shootemwon
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Janklow will always be paranoid about the guns. Democrats got way too many other problems right now to even be thinking of making a move on your guns man.
  • janklow
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol so you want a dumb ? like fiorina to win because boxer might take away your guns?
    what a narrowminded idiot you are
    i suppose you missed the part where i noted my dislike for Fiorina. but that's cool, get emotional because we have differing political opinions

or make a case for the merits of Boxer, because obviously whatever bacon she brings home to California doesn't do anything for me at all
    Janklow will always be paranoid about the guns. Democrats got way too many other problems right now to even be thinking of making a move on your guns man.
    they probably have bigger fish to fry than to waste political capital on something like another AWB, but certain politicians, i'm just never going to trust in this regard
  • MacOne
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i suppose you missed the part where i noted my dislike for Fiorina. but that's cool, get emotional because we have differing political opinions

or make a case for the merits of Boxer, because obviously whatever bacon she brings home to California doesn't do anything for me at all

She voted against the war when it wasnt popular to do so, and has a good voting record on the economy. You may dislike Fiorina, but you want Boxer to lose so basically you want Senator Fiorina
  • MacOne
    edited September 2010
    Options

The first debate held between Ken Buck and Michael Bennet for the colorado senate race

This was held in the Western slope, a redneck rural area, and only locally televised. Another debate was held tonight in the conservative bastion colorado springs

A favorable environment for Buck and he scores some points. You get a good flavor from the race by watching.

This was the highlight:

Buck is up 4 points in the latest poll
  • janklow
    edited September 2010
    Options
    She voted against the war when it wasnt popular to do so, and has a good voting record on the economy.
    to be perfectly honest, i don't give her intellectual credit for voting against the war, because i think she did so solely for political reasons and happened to luck out when claims didn't get ultimately backed up. as for the economy, i'm torn between a) hearing about this good voting record and b) not really be able to get worked up about anyone's record on the economy. i admit the latter is a failing on my part.
    You may dislike Fiorina, but you want Boxer to lose so basically you want Senator Fiorina
    can i hope for a third option where they ? each other in a heated knife-fight and someone else gets the seat?
  • shootemwon
    edited September 2010
    Options
    can i hope for a third option where they ? each other in a heated knife-fight and someone else gets the seat?

damn, sonned!
  • MacOne
    edited September 2010
    Options
    to be perfectly honest, i don't give her intellectual credit for voting against the war, because i think she did so solely for political reasons and happened to luck out when claims didn't get ultimately backed up. as for the economy, i'm torn between a) hearing about this good voting record and b) not really be able to get worked up about anyone's record on the economy. i admit the latter is a failing on my part.

Voting against the war >>> voting for the war no matter what the reasons. Im sure you probably would have voted for the war. As if the people who voted for it didnt do it for political reasons. Stop trolling ?
  • shootemwon
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Voting against the war >>> voting for the war no matter what the reasons. Im sure you probably would have voted for the war. As if the people who voted for it didnt do it for political reasons. Stop trolling ?

Damn, the social lounge is no place for personal insults. That was off message.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I wasn't gonna vote before Carl Paladino became the GOP nominee for NY, but now I'm definitely voting.

I encourage everyone to vote as Democratic as possible.....Democrats may not be great politicians, and their still far better than any Republican.

Even if Democrats make me sick 60% of the time (war in Afghanistan, etc)
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Janklow seems to support endless wars in the Middle East for some reason.....he makes me sick lately.
  • janklow
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Voting against the war >>> voting for the war no matter what the reasons.
    wow, it's almost like we just happen to not agree on Barbara Boxer like adults-
    Stop trolling ?
    oh, wait, there goes that adult thing. sorry that i dislike Boxer for reasons that are entirely consistent with everything i have ever said. hopefully calling me a ? makes you feel better about that!
    Janklow seems to support endless wars in the Middle East for some reason.....he makes me sick lately.
    kingblaze seems to like misrepresenting janklow, as well as apparently being sick about him "lately" for undetermined reasons
  • elliott
    elliott Members Posts: 18
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1. For the people that live in New York please don't forget to vote in the GENERAL ELECTION on Nov. 2nd for (Governor) Andrew Cuomo a Democrat on Nov 2nd. His opponent is Republican Carl Palidino and is spending 'Whatever Money It Takes' To Win this seat and he wants to make Welfare Prison Dorms and said he wants to teach black and Latino men and women basic things – like how to clean your bodies. WTF does that mean? Can he get any more racist than that? He thinks you live in a dysfunctional environment, (GHETTO) and said we never learned how to take care of ourselves. He said he doesn't even like NY but he wants to run NYS so he can punish blacks and Latinos that live here. Stop being dumbed down people. Look him up Carl Palidino on the internet if you don't believe me. Andrew Cuomo is the best person for us. We need every Black and Latino, Muslism and Indian to vote for the Democrats in every state on Nov. 2nd, or the Republicans will win.

If the Republicans win on Nov. 2nd they want to get rid of the healthcare bill that President Obama and Democrats were able to pass into law,which takes affect today, and they want to get rid of unemployment, welfare programs, social security, the board of education, medicaid and medicare and to force women by law to keep their babies without getting an abortion even if they get ? by their father, son, brother and so on. They are passing laws to even lock up anyone that is ? . Is this what you people want? They have money so they don't care or need any of these programs to help them or their children. GUYS this election is TOO important not to vote in every state for a Democrats on Nov. 2nd. If you decide not to vote that is another chance for the KKK Republicans to take over, WIN and destroy this country. Let's show up for Barack Obama's Democrats that are running in November just like we did for Barack Obama in 2008 even though Barack is not on the ballot until 2012, we need to stop theses racists from doing these things to us and destroying our great country. I am voting but I need you people in every state to get out and vote for all the Democrats on Nov. 2nd, no matter what the weather is like on that day or how tired you are. They only thing they can’t take away from us right now, is our VOTE. If you can't vote, please tell all your family and friends to VOTE. We can stop them dead in their tracks, just like we did in 2008 when we voted for President Obama and stop these racist from gaining control and taking us back to how President Bush used to run things in this country that got us so *uckd up in the first place. They are so sure they will win because they think we are stupid and won't show up because we are all mad at President Barack Obama because so many people are out of work and they refuse to work with him. But we know he tried his best to help all Americans not just blacks and latinos, but he has to go through Congress to get them to vote with him and they have said NO, NO, NO and killed every bill he put out there because they want him to fail. If we show up, then more of his Democrats will keep their seats in Congress and help him. ? , I just heard on the news that the racist Carl Paladino is leading Andrew Cuomo, no *ucking way, Now I know we gotta get out and vote because Carl Palidino the racist is getting closer to win and trust me black and latinos he will lock you up for everything he can. If you live in NY watch the Ed Schultz show on cable T.V channel (23) at 6:00pm or 3:00am in the morning he is a big white guy that cannot stand how his own white people for treating all of us bad. Please guys VOTE on Nov. 2nd for Governor Andrew Cuomo. And vote in every state for a Democrat. Tell me what you know about this? The KKK is back with a new face, no JOKE!. IT'S REAL MY PEOPLE!!!