Is there favoritism in Heaven?

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Matthew 5:19
Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

What is meant by this? Is there favoritism in Heaven?... Like will you be treated different from the other people in heaven? Heaven is the ultimate goal in life, so what "advantages" will certain people have of others?

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You know they are going to move this right!

But Heaven (as explained in my religion class) changes depending on the writer of the scripture.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeah I know, I wanted to atleast get a couple of GNS responses
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It can be interpreted almost any way. Remember it's written by a man. & Back then Slavery was all the rage. People can not get the concept that maybe all people can co-exist happily without exploiting one another.

ps. don't listen to me, I have my biased toward the written word. (some ideas are just not clear to me)
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

What is meant by this? Is there favoritism in Heaven?... Like will you be treated different from the other people in heaven? Heaven is the ultimate goal in life, so what "advantages" will certain people have of others?

Basically bro, the meaning behind it w/out interpretation... the lake of fire which is where all will go who isn't found in the book of life, is in the least part of the kingdom (it's reffering to the Father's Kingdom) ....

"Scc" teach that the Most Highs laws & commandments are nailed to the cross (when the only law was done away with was the scarifical law) & they're some how "saved" by faith & grace... Jesus is letting us know that's not the case & in fact if we going around teaching this & breaking HIS commandments, we will be in the least part of the Kingdom (lake of fire) BUT if we teach others to follow HIS laws & commandments & do them ourselves, we will be in the great part (which is the Kingdom that will be established on earth in New Jerusalem)..... No favoritism though, the Most High isn't a respector of persons... HE reward those who obey his commandments...
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

That scripture doesn't highlight favoritism. It highlights the principle of justice. You receive justice based on the work you do. If a person chooses to break the law, why should he receive the same reward as someone who keeps it? Even in this world we are not treated the same based on what they do.

The advantages you get are based on the work you do. The Universe is like that. The Bible does not contradict in this instance.

There are degrees to everything why should Heaven(Peace of Mind) be different.