Homophobia.....

Options
And Step
And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
....What is it?

If we study the word, phobia is from the greek word meaning fear. Is this what this word means or does it have a modern euphemism?

I don't have a fear of homos. Nor do I think they should be beaten or discriminated against. I do, however disagree with that lifestyle and think it is unnatural. I was set upon by a homosexual white woman, who saw me reading a book about ? black men(no ? ). She asked me if I was and I said no. She then asked me how do I feel about ? , and I said I have nothing personal against them, I just disagree with that lifestyle. She gets upset and starts belligerently railing against me about how I was a homophobe and how as a black man I should understand, and blah, blah,. I had to cut the ? ? off.

Can someone please explain to me this homophobe thing because I am trying to understand.

I would prefer responses from ? so we can get it from their perspective. Except for Ktulu, you can sit this one out.

Someone help me, with this. Seriously

Comments

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol @ that last part.
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What's the Greek Word for intolerance or loathsomeness? Add it onto the end of ? ___
    & there you go.. people think if they disagree with something (that does not even affect them) they have to go on & voice it..
    I disagree with the act of being ? but damn if I care what they do. I am about my money. Just keep that ? over there.. i'll keep loving these women. I say people need to DO THEM...

Like they scared people gonna point fingers and accuse them of being ? if they are not out there bashing ? and vocally insulting them. it's insecurity.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i think the term is appropriate...I think many people are scared of homosexuals because they think their kids (or their friends' or family's kids) will somehow "turn ? ." Or there are ? people that are scard to let their "gayness" show, so they go to the extreme to talk about how they "disagree with the lifestyle." Honestly, who cares? What you eat doesn't make me ? . If you are a homosexual and happy...then that's great. Who am I to say your life style is right or wrong? It's all subjective.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    i think the term is appropriate...I think many people are scared of homosexuals because they think their kids (or their friends' or family's kids) will somehow "turn ? ." Or there are ? people that are scard to let their "gayness" show, so they go to the extreme to talk about how they "disagree with the lifestyle." Honestly, who cares? What you eat doesn't make me ? . If you are a homosexual and happy...then that's great. Who am I to say your life style is right or wrong? It's all subjective.

Pretty Much... that's why certain guys feel the need to say no ? when they think something might make them sound ? . If you know you ain't ? , why go out of your way to throw no ? in after every sentence you think might make you sound suspect.

EDIT : Just realized Step said no ? in his post....

kanye-west-taylor-swift1.jpg
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options

But, I am not scared of ? 's. So where does that leave me? Everybody that doesn't get down like that doesn't have to fit into the boot stomping ? camp. That is the extreme OLang not voicing my disapproval of that behavior. And bonk that, I don't want two dudes impressing on my son that is acceptable behavior if I disagree with it. That is my job. What you do is your business, but you have absolutely no right to try to influence children that you did not produce nor care for. On one hand they say they want to be left alone, then on the other hand they are promoting it to children in textbooks.

Cant have it both way.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    But, I am not scared of ? 's. So where does that leave me? Everybody that doesn't get down like that doesn't have to fit into the boot stomping ? camp. That is the extreme OLang not voicing my disapproval of that behavior. And bonk that, I don't want two dudes impressing on my son that is acceptable behavior if I disagree with it. That is my job. What you do is your business, but you have absolutely no right to try to influence children that you did not produce nor care for. On one hand they say they want to be left alone, then on the other hand they are promoting it to children in textbooks.

Cant have it both way.

Where do textbooks promote being ? to children?

Most of the time the books are aimed and older males and not kids. And the message of "Be yourself and do what ever makes you feel comfortable" does not tell kids to be ? . If your child grows up and is ? ... he was born ? . If he wasn't born ? he would be smashing females.

In a sense you are homophobic. You are fearful that ? are going to turn your child ? .
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pretty Much... that's why certain guys feel the need to say no ? when they think something might make them sound ? . If you know you ain't ? , why go out of your way to throw no ? in after every sentence you think might make you sound suspect.

EDIT : Just realized Step said no ? in his post....

kanye-west-taylor-swift1.jpg

That my friend was called play on humor considering the subject matter..... Got to step it up duke.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Where do textbooks promote being ? to children?

Most of the time the books are aimed and older males and not kids. And the message of "Be yourself and do what ever makes you feel comfortable" does not tell kids to be ? . If your child grows up and is ? ... he was born ? . If he wasn't born ? he would be smashing females.

In a sense you are homophobic. You are fearful that ? are going to turn your child ? .

No. I'm not. I would say the same thing if it was thugs he was hanging around, drug dealers, whatever. It is called responsible parenting . Because I know environment is stronger than heredity.

Would you let your child be influenced by things you believe or know are detrimental to him?

And there are textbooks that promote gayness. People have even brought lawsuits.

And let's be clear. I label myself. I know what I am.
  • oliverlang
    edited September 2010
    Options

Cant have it both way.

If you are not scared of homosexuals or their influence then you wouldn't be homophobic, but based on what you're telling me it sounds like you are...you just may not be as extreme as others. lol.

It's like having acrophobia...you may not be scared 10 feet in the air...but 2,000 feet is something different.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No. I'm not. I would say the same thing if it was thugs he was hanging around, drug dealers, whatever. It is called responsible parenting . Because I know environment is stronger than heredity.

Would you let your child be influenced by things you believe or know are detrimental to him?

And there are textbooks that promote gayness. People have even brought lawsuits.

And let's be clear. I label myself. I know what I am.

Yea my child can hang out with whoever he wants when he gets older.

Certain things I will tell him aren't right. I will teach him against racism, hate, judging, etc...

But he can hang around ? all he wants, I believe you are either born ? or not, it's not a choice. So IMO him hanging around ? won't influence him to be a ? bandit.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yea my child can hang out with whoever he wants when he gets older.

Certain things I will tell him aren't right. I will teach him against racism, hate, judging, etc...

But he can hang around ? all he wants, I believe you are either born ? or not, it's not a choice. So IMO him hanging around ? won't influence him to be a ? bandit.

Now after you get finished tap dancing, explain When he gets older.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If you are not scared of homosexuals or their influence then you wouldn't be homophobic, but based on what you're telling me it sounds like you are...you just may not be as extreme as others. lol.

It's like having acrophobia...you may not be scared 10 feet in the air...but 2,000 feet is something different.

Dude I worked with a group of homosexual women to put on an event where I live. They love the kid, and I love them. I think I know me better than you, chief.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Now after you get finished tap dancing, explain When he gets older.

What about when he gets older?

and no ? @ you thinkin about me in spandex leggings tap dancin
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    See what I'm seeing is a lot of close mindedness that you all accuse others of. Which is ? , and it shows them ? ? got you all brainwashed.

The ? community is just as guilty as everyone else.

Why do people think that you can't separate the person from the actions? If my son does something I disapprove of, it doesn't mean that I hate or fear my son. I just disapprove of the actions. I can separate the two.

Some of you are intolerant and closed minded.
  • oliverlang
    edited September 2010
    Options
    See what I'm seeing is a lot of close mindedness that you all accuse others of. Which is ? , and it shows them ? ? got you all brainwashed.

The ? community is just as guilty as everyone else.

Why do people think that you can't separate the person from the actions? If my son does something I disapprove of, it doesn't mean that I hate or fear my son. I just disapprove of the actions. I can separate the two.

Some of you are intolerant and closed minded.

are you seriously calling us closed minded? lmao. Anyway, just because you disapprove of something doesn't mean your disapproval is right (or wrong). There are people that disapprove of kids having friends of different races or religions. Does that make them right, or justified in their logic (or lack there of)? There is still the underlying issue to why you disapprove.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    are you seriously calling us closed minded? lmao. Anyway, just because you disapprove of something doesn't mean your disapproval is right (or wrong). There are people that disapprove of kids having friends of different races or religions. Does that make them right, or justified in their logic (or lack there of)? There is still the underlying issue to why you disapprove.

Yes you are intolerant towards people who disagree with homosexuality. You are heterophobic.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options

This is not a question of right and wrong, because as you say it's subjective. What it is only subjective on the ? acceptance side? You should be just as tolerant of the against ? side as you are tolerant of the for ? side. If your not then you are not being fair and balanced. it is really that simple.
  • oliverlang
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yes you are intolerant towards people who disagree with homosexuality. You are heterophobic.

lmao.......
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What about when he gets older?

and no ? @ you thinkin about me in spandex leggings tap dancin

You said older, why not younger?

So you wouldn't have a problem if they brought your son home in a dress with his hair made up in a bun?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You said older, why not younger?

So you wouldn't have a problem if they brought your son home in a dress with his hair made up in a bun?

I ain't gone let him run around with people when little man is 5 years old.

And yea then I would. But I doubt my son hanging out with a ? kid is going to make him come home lookin like Ms. J.

Like I said, I think you're born ? , I don't think people can influence you to be ? or act like a girl.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options

I have no fear of homosexuals at any point.......well maybe at the point of insertion.... but that is to be expected.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I ain't gone let him run around with people when little man is 5 years old.

And yea then I would. But I doubt my son hanging out with a ? kid is going to make him come home lookin like Ms. J.

Like I said, I think you're born ? , I don't think people can influence you to be ? or act like a girl.

Aiight, when he wants to get involved in interior decorating, hairstyling, or painting don't say I didn't warn you.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Aiight, when he wants to get involved in interior decorating, hairstyling, or painting don't say I didn't warn you.

Lol see man that's a fear.

You are afraid that they can turn people into them.

Disapproving is simply not liking they way they conduct themselves.

Saying "Well my kid won't be allowed near them because he is not becoming an interior decorator" is a fear.
  • oliverlang
    edited September 2010
    Options

This is also very stereotypical...you are implying that all male interior decorators, hairstylist, or painters are ? ? And why painting of all things? lol That's like saying writers are ? because Langston Hughes was.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lol see man that's a fear.

You are afraid that they can turn people into them.

Disapproving is simply not liking they way they conduct themselves.

Saying "Well my kid won't be allowed near them because he is not becoming an interior decorator" is a fear.

Are you saying all interior decorators are ? ? I resent that