900 lb, 13-foot Alligtor (captured/killed)

Options

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i submit that mother nature also created tool-using creatures called "humans" that serve as her instrument for making sure these hogs go

Yea and mother nature also invented cancer which is what people who eat hogs will eventually get... Mother nature also invented brains but unfortunately many humans are too stupid to actually use them and realise wtf they are doing to the world. The universe and nature has laws... and just because humans have the ability to choose to go against these laws, doesn't mean it's a good idea to. This is what makes humans special in regards to life, and this is why it's our responsibility to watch over all the animals and all the environment as pointed out in ancient scriptures such as the bible. But I'm just a tree hugging hippie to you so what do I know?
  • da hardest out
    da hardest out Members Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    they shouldve caught it and sold it to a zoo or something
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Yea and mother nature also invented cancer which is what people who eat hogs will eventually get... Mother nature also invented brains but unfortunately many humans are too stupid to actually use them and realise wtf they are doing to the world. The universe and nature has laws... and just because humans have the ability to choose to go against these laws, doesn't mean it's a good idea to. This is what makes humans special in regards to life, and this is why it's our responsibility to watch over all the animals and all the environment as pointed out in ancient scriptures such as the bible. But I'm just a tree hugging hippie to you so what do I know?

Being the prey and the predator isn't going against natures laws.

Us killing hogs and eating them are natural.

You can get cancer from eating anything.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The universe and nature has laws... and just because humans have the ability to choose to go against these laws, doesn't mean it's a good idea to.
    i'm not sure why i have to assume that what humans do is against the laws of nature

man is a predator whose natural instinct is to ? with a weapon. in this case, it just ends badly for some of those hogs
    But I'm just a tree hugging hippie to you so what do I know?
    i don't think i called you a hippie; i called you someone who pointless insults people who eat pork chops
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    In biology last year we dissected a fetal pig. The school board includes this in the curriculum because it is a very good way to learn human anatomy, as pigs and humans have very similar anatomy.
    i think they do it for more general reasons (as in, to learn about anatomy, period, not necessarily because pigs are so similar)... but then, when i was in school years ago, we didn't dissect fetal pigs, we dissected cats
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i think they do it for more general reasons (as in, to learn about anatomy, period, not necessarily because pigs are so similar)... but then, when i was in school years ago, we didn't dissect fetal pigs, we dissected cats

I knew something was wrong with you SMH

And yes, the alligator bait thing was my final straw when I heard it long ago. There is NO excuse for that at all...

"...we had to stab it a couple of time to break the spinal cord..." ***add "excited-I-brought-torture-to-an-animal"- like grin***
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Being the prey and the predator isn't going against natures laws.

Us killing hogs and eating them are natural.

You can get cancer from eating anything.

1) True. But that is not what is taking place in this situation. No-one needs to eat hogs in order to live... people eat hogs as a luxury. They eat them because they love the taste....

2) No you can't. In fact, if you have cancer, you can actually cure yourself of it if you literally start eating right. They don't tell you this in public because there's no money in cures or eating right. Their solution is putting a salad bar in McDonalds...

Why do you think Lions don't always eat hunt other lions or other certain animals? Because it's not what they're supposed to do. They would mostlikely only do so if they absolutely had no other option. If you're stranded on an island and there's a hog running around, and it's eat the hog or starve.... then it would be highly un-intelligent of you to not eat the pig... but when you're living in a civilization of choices and options, and you decide to make a slaughter house for pigs and other "disgusting" animals just so you can enjoy your cheeseburger with extra bacon... you're not trying to survive anymore, you're literally trying to ? yourself at the expense of a delicious yet un healthy meal.

There's no way around it, guys.... We don't eat fast food for survival.. we eat it for convenience or taste.... they are not necessary whatsoever except in a society where the slaves are worked too hard to be able to ? cook or grow food for themselves.

1) i'm not sure why i have to assume that what humans do is against the laws of nature

2) man is a predator whose natural instinct is to ? with a weapon. in this case, it just ends badly for some of those hogs

3) i don't think i called you a hippie; i called you someone who pointless insults people who eat pork chops

1) Humans have the mental awareness to choose to go against nature. And in this society, 90% of humans are doing just that. This is why people are ? crazy and ? people, eat people, backstab people, ? people, over consume, become obese or starve themselves.... etc....

2) Man is a natural vegitarian. It's not until they 'migrated' to the north where there were seasons that they started eating meat as their main diet. I'm not saying man never ate meat before then, but it was not like you see today, where a hamburger is the most popular food of choice. And eating pork was a no no, even religions today are forbid to eat it... the difference is, ancient societies didn't eat pork because they would get sick (heart disease, cancer, strokes etc) and they since they didn't know anatomy, they attributed these things to ? 's wrath.. hense why their ? doesn't want you to eat pork. It's basic common sense and I really think you either understand and are in denial or you're just not too bright. And I don't think you or Chozen are stupid.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    People will klill anything whether its a threat or not and 9 times out of 10 we are more dangerous.
  • Harlem Shake
    Harlem Shake Members Posts: 671
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I could make crazy watches and shoes/sandals out of that bastard.............. if I had the permission to ? an alligator, he would be dead......... no hesitation........ get what I want out of him and sell him to the highest bidder........
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pig digestive tracts and nutritional needs are very similar to humans. Pigs also have hearts that are similar in size and makeup to the human heart. Pig heart valves are used to replace defective human heart valves.

In almost every case, fetal pigs have the same muscles as humans, with some small variations in the size and location of some muscles related to the fact that pigs are quadrupedal and humans are bipedal

Pigs have all of the same thoracic and abdominal organs as humans. There are small differences in a few organs.

the thymus is found in the same areas in pigs as in humans.

Men are pigs. nuff said.

Bibliography:

http://www.goshen.edu/bio/PigBook/humanpigcomparison.html

Oh ? , it's like being a cannibal!

117xkq0.gif
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh ? , it's like being a cannibal!

117xkq0.gif

shaq-face.jpg

• Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    damn-o.gif
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yea and mother nature also invented cancer which is what people who eat hogs will eventually get...

here comes the fear mongering
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    here comes the fear mongering

Here comes the denial.
  • janklow
    edited September 2010
    Options
    edeeesq wrote: »
    I knew something was wrong with you SMH
    well, these were cats that had been euthanized at the local pound or what have you, not random cats. a little weird, though, i suppose
    1) Humans have the mental awareness to choose to go against nature. And in this society, 90% of humans are doing just that. This is why people are ? crazy and ? people, eat people, backstab people, ? people, over consume, become obese or starve themselves.... etc....
    what i am saying is that i don't necessarily agree that they're going against nature. they may have more awareness and mental problems than the average animal, but why is man killing man "against nature?" animals ? each other, eat each other, ? each other. we might "know better," but at the same time it doesn't mean it's unnatural.
    2) Man is a natural vegitarian. It's not until they 'migrated' to the north where there were seasons that they started eating meat as their main diet.
    man is a natural omnivore; we're not like herbivores and we're not alone in being omnivorous primates.
    And eating pork was a no no, even religions today are forbid to eat it... the difference is, ancient societies didn't eat pork because they would get sick (heart disease, cancer, strokes etc) and they since they didn't know anatomy, they attributed these things to ? 's wrath.. hense why their ? doesn't want you to eat pork. It's basic common sense and I really think you either understand and are in denial or you're just not too bright. And I don't think you or Chozen are stupid.
    eating pork alone does not cause those problems, so i have to tell you i find this theory less than compelling. my point, however, is more that it's a little much to declare someone stupid because they eat pork.
    Pig digestive tracts and nutritional needs are very similar to humans-
    you could have saved yourself this wall of text as i am aware of the similarities; this doesn't change my contention that school boards include dissection of various things for general reasons and not specifically fetal pigs because they are so similar
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options

what i am saying is that i don't necessarily agree that they're going against nature. they may have more awareness and mental problems than the average animal, but why is man killing man "against nature?" animals ? each other, eat each other, ? each other. we might "know better," but at the same time it doesn't mean it's unnatural.

Animals do these things for survival... Man does these things consciously full aware of how wrong it is to do so. Animals don't know the difference between right an wrong. Man can distinguish the difference between right and wrong by applying empathy to the situation. But if you're evil or you go against nature, empathy is useless.
    man is a natural omnivore; we're not like herbivores and we're not alone in being omnivorous primates.

We're omnivorous now, yes... but originally man was more herbivorous. Other primates, if you ignore their lack of self awareness that humans have, only eat meat when they have no other choice... For the most part they remain in the trees eating leaves. Or in the bush eating grass and weeds like gorillas. Humans can get the same things from beans and other natural proteins that they can get from meat without the illnesses that come with eating meat too much. And for the most part, we're potentially smart enough to realise this... I guess some people need to exercise their minds a bit more first.... not name dropping.
    eating pork alone does not cause those problems, so i have to tell you i find this theory less than compelling. my point, however, is more that it's a little much to declare someone stupid because they eat pork.

You telling me that eating pork alone and nothing else is healthy? lol ok.... You're really making it hard for me to retract any statements I made about calling pork eaters stupid... which I don't remember ever calling anyone blatantly stupid.... maybe you can show me the quote.

Ok I see, I said "unfortunately most humans are too stupid to see what they are doing to the world and themselves" in one of my posts. I was not just talking about eating pork, but ok.

dominican girls in lawrence=magnificent

LOL How did I miss this post?! And co-sign to the fullest, bro!!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    People eat alligator all the time..it's pretty good too.

I don't really get the whole hunting thing, but some people actually enjoy hunting so catching a big prize is like getting a home run in baseball or a hole in one in golf.

She didn't break the law, the hunting season is actually in place for good reason so I think all the treehuggers getting bent out of shape need to go down and stay in the swamps for a little bit. I bet they ? them a gator too.

So now killing something is the equivalent of hitting a ball really far. I get the point you're trying to make, but there should be a little more respect given to life. I'm not against hunting. As has been stated, there is a reason for that. Wild pigs in particular are out of control and need their population reduced because they are not only messing with human livelihoods, but they are ? up the natural environments. However, calling someone a treehugger because they don't agree that killing an animal is a joyous event is silly. This woman wasn't trying to help control population. She just wanted to ? something and was extremely happy when she did. I grew up in SC and there is no gator infestation. It wasn't like she killed it in someone's yard. She searched it out in it's habitat and killed it for ? and giggles.
    busayo wrote: »
    ummm africans used parts from their catches as ornament. ivory is valuable for a reason.

True, but there is a big difference between killing one lion as a right of passage to manhood and wearing its teeth as ornamentation and killing elephants and rhinos en masse for nothing else put the horn/tusks. The crazy ? , is that they shouldn't even have had to ? them for that. They could have just knocked them out and cut the horn off.
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They could have just knocked them out and cut the horn off.

They need their horns to survive. Cutting off their horns would have eventually killed them anyways.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They need their horns to survive. Cutting off their horns would have eventually killed them anyways.

Not really. Horns/tusks/antlers/etc... are usually used more for mating disputes than survival. Rhinos are huge animals. With or without the horn, there is not much out there that hunts them. Lions are the apex predator in that part of the world and even they don't mess with rhinos and elephants too often.
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Not really. Horns/tusks/antlers/etc... are usually used more for mating disputes than survival. Rhinos are huge animals. With or without the horn, there is not much out there that hunts them. Lions are the apex predator in that part of the world and even they don't mess with rhinos and elephants too often.

You're wrong. Even Rhinos depend greatly on their horns for survival. Lions stay away from Rhinos because size + massive Horns = sure death. If a Rhino loses it's horns, and a Lion that is hungry enough comes across said rhino and decides to take a chance, that Rhino is dead and it also has no way to protect it's young is a group of lioness decides to raid. Even buffalo and other prey rely on their horns to protect themselve s from predators if their speed/power is not enough. It's not always what you see on the discovery channel where every time you see lions hunting, they're successful. They only show the good scenes. And Mating disputes = survival so even still. Why is it so hard to leave the ? animals alone?

Nature has a way of Balancing out the hunter and the hunted. It's a common mis-conception that predators just go out everyday and hunt their food like it's going grocery shopping. No.. this is where the phrase survival of the fittest comes into play. This is why if you take a lion from the zoo and throw it into the wild it's survival chances are extremely low compared to a wild lion that grew up in the savanna. Wilderbeasts are insane animals and they ? more humans a year than any predator in Africa. It takes a pack of lioness' to take down a full grown wilderbeast. But a wilderbeast without horns only defense would be making the lions tired by struggling to get away. And lions or any other predator for that matter don't give up that easily.

These animals have horns for a ? reason... and they're not for show and tell. There's many factors in why they survive as a species; Mating conflicts, territorial conflicts, protecting themselves and their young from predators etc.... All those reasons are extremely important to their survival, so if you take even just one of those things away from them, that can mean life or death. It's interfering with nature apart from just being cruel. Just leave the animals alone...
  • janklow
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Animals don't know the difference between right an wrong. Man can distinguish the difference between right and wrong by applying empathy to the situation. But if you're evil or you go against nature, empathy is useless.
    at the end of the day, i simply don't think you can pretend that everything mankind does, even if you can logically argue it's wrong for some reason, is unnatural. man's just another animal, albeit one with cool shoes and chainsaws and so on.
    We're omnivorous now, yes... but originally man was more herbivorous.
    you know what another way to say "more herbivorous" is? "still omnivorous." humans tend to need to use tools to get the meat to eat, so it stands to reason that early man/primates are going to eat more gathered foods... but it doesn't mean we're not built to consume meat.
    Other primates, if you ignore their lack of self awareness that humans have, only eat meat when they have no other choice...
    this is true for some primates, but not all of them. chimpanzees actively ? animals to eat them.
    You telling me that eating pork alone and nothing else is healthy? lol ok...
    when did i ever make this argument? you argued that eating pork gives you cancer; i said that this isn't accurate. so how does that translate to saying "EAT NOTHING BUT PORK?"
    You're really making it hard for me to retract any statements I made about calling pork eaters stupid... which I don't remember ever calling anyone blatantly stupid.... maybe you can show me the quote. Ok I see, I said "unfortunately most humans are too stupid to see what they are doing to the world and themselves" in one of my posts. I was not just talking about eating pork, but ok.
    no, here's the quote:
    1) Why the hell would anyone with atleast half a brain consider eating that animal a good idea?

which was in response to my post about juicy pork chops.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Anderson Silva beats up white people for a living.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You're wrong. Even Rhinos depend greatly on their horns for survival. Lions stay away from Rhinos because size + massive Horns = sure death. If a Rhino loses it's horns, and a Lion that is hungry enough comes across said rhino and decides to take a chance, that Rhino is dead and it also has no way to protect it's young is a group of lioness decides to raid. Even buffalo and other prey rely on their horns to protect themselve s from predators if their speed/power is not enough. It's not always what you see on the discovery channel where every time you see lions hunting, they're successful. They only show the good scenes. And Mating disputes = survival so even still. Why is it so hard to leave the ? animals alone?

Nature has a way of Balancing out the hunter and the hunted. It's a common mis-conception that predators just go out everyday and hunt their food like it's going grocery shopping. No.. this is where the phrase survival of the fittest comes into play. This is why if you take a lion from the zoo and throw it into the wild it's survival chances are extremely low compared to a wild lion that grew up in the savanna. Wilderbeasts are insane animals and they ? more humans a year than any predator in Africa. It takes a pack of lioness' to take down a full grown wilderbeast. But a wilderbeast without horns only defense would be making the lions tired by struggling to get away. And lions or any other predator for that matter don't give up that easily.

These animals have horns for a ? reason... and they're not for show and tell. There's many factors in why they survive as a species; Mating conflicts, territorial conflicts, protecting themselves and their young from predators etc.... All those reasons are extremely important to their survival, so if you take even just one of those things away from them, that can mean life or death. It's interfering with nature apart from just being cruel. Just leave the animals alone...

I never said that horns and such were never used for self defense. I said many of those such features exist more for mating conflicts than survival. I also never said that Rhinos never use their horn as self defense. However, the idea that a cutting off a rhino's horn is a death sentence is false. Lion's do not hunt rhinos primarily. You showing a video of one encounter doesn't change that. Second, rhinos outweigh lions by a factor of three at least, so it would still be a task for lions to ? one. Regardless of what you're saying, if they are going to take the horns and the tusks of these animals, it's still preferable that the take the horn and not ? the animal. Especially in the case of elephants who live in packs and protect each other. I never defended people culling animals for something stupid like ivory. I think that's ridiculous, but it's silly to say that an animal doesn't have a better chance at survival without a horn than it does at being killed instantly.
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    at the end of the day, i simply don't think you can pretend that everything mankind does, even if you can logically argue it's wrong for some reason, is unnatural. man's just another animal, albeit one with cool shoes and chainsaws and so on.

Um no, man is not just another animal. Maybe physically we are... but mentally we have self awareness. Something no other animal on earth has. This self awareness is what separates us from the animal kingdom and makes us sentient. We can choose to go against our nature unlike other animals. Animals can not choose purpose put themselves in danger of becoming extinct simply because they choose to do something they enjoy. They are not mentally capable of making such a choice on purpose. Humans can and are doing exactly this to not only themselves, but to other species of animals. We're polluting the air, cutting down trees and homes for animals, making animals become extinct EVERYDAY as well as abusing ourselves and eachother. This is the dumbest act any kind of animals or none animals has ever done on purpose and if we keep it up we will no longer exist because guess what... it's un-natural. Nature has a way of correcting itself just like our bodies have a way of correcting a virus that does not belong in our bodies for our bodies to function the way nature has built them to function.

Our bodies were not built to be consuming 90% of the ? we eat in this society. This is why people are getting cancer, getting sick, heart disease, all this stupid ? .. because people eat whatever they want and think going to the doctor and getting prescribed more ? that blocks our bodies only means of telling us that we're doing something wrong aka simptons just so they can continue consuming like slobs, ultimately killing themselves slowly while making corporations and doctors filthy rich. I know i'm wasting my time though because any type of reasoning goes in one ear and right out the other, but atleast I tried.
    you know what another way to say "more herbivorous" is? "still omnivorous." humans tend to need to use tools to get the meat to eat, so it stands to reason that early man/primates are going to eat more gathered foods... but it doesn't mean we're not built to consume meat.

We used tools to build and harvest more than hunting. It's only until man went north where there are seasons that they ended up using their building tools to ? animals during the winter and dry seasons. Animal herbivorous animal could eat meat if they want... it doesn't mean they are not naturally herbivorous. Eating meat was not man's normal diet. You act like if a herbivorous animal ate meat it would drop dead or explode or something.... If you are trying to label something that is capable of eating meat an omnivore, then every single creature on earth is an omnivore to some degree.
    when did i ever make this argument? you argued that eating pork gives you cancer; i said that this isn't accurate. so how does that translate to saying "EAT NOTHING BUT PORK?"

Now apart from being able to eat meat, just because we can, does not mean all meat is good for the taking. Cow meat is not the same as Hog meat or Chicken meat or Snake meat or Turtle meat or Fish meat etc... they're all different types of meat based on what the animals basic diet is. You are what you eat, literally. Swine is, in human standards, a filthy creature. You're eating filth and your body will use that filth to reproduce it's cells and guess what... your cells too will be filth. This puts your body in danger of becoming cancerous. Eating Pork alone is a near definite sure way to ? yourself in some form or another. If you eat pork or any other delicious treat once in a blue moon but your everyday main diet is all healthy and nutritious, I'm sure your body will be healthy and strong enough to handle it. I don't know what you were trying to say when you said it wasnt accurate to point out how eating pork would lead to cancer, but I am talking about eating it all the time on a regular basis why your other main diets consists of processed high fructose corn syrup products and/or fast food.

In which case, if you are eating healthy as your main diet, this is why I said I don't know how anyone with half a brain would even bother wanting to put that filth in their bodies. It tastes delicious, of course. That's why it's so dangerous. I'm not arguing that, but just because it tastes good, doesn't mean it IS good.

Same principles can be applied to plants. Herbivorous animals and people cannot just eat any type of plantlife. Some plants are bad for us, and some are exactly what our bodies need. But there's nothing meat has to offer us, that vegetation cannot give us. Protein can be found in many types of plants such as many various types of beans. Meat gives us alot of protein at once but at the expense of less stable cells which makes up our bodies.
    this is true for some primates, but not all of them. chimpanzees actively ? animals to eat them.

I don't know about actively, but I know they eat meat if it's there for the taking or if they fight a rival 'clan' of chimps they will eat the other chimps. Same with Baboons. They are omnivorous because of where they live. They are closer to perdators than any other primate. They have a long snout and razor sharp teeth which is an attribute of a predator.

1) I never said that horns and such were never used for self defense. I said many of those such features exist more for mating conflicts than survival. I also never said that Rhinos never use their horn as self defense. However, the idea that a cutting off a rhino's horn is a death sentence is false. Lion's do not hunt rhinos primarily. You showing a video of one encounter doesn't change that. Second, rhinos outweigh lions by a factor of three at least, so it would still be a task for lions to ? one. Regardless of what you're saying, if they are going to take the horns and the tusks of these animals, it's still preferable that the take the horn and not ? the animal. Especially in the case of elephants who live in packs and protect each other. I never defended people culling animals for something stupid like ivory. I think that's ridiculous, but it's silly to say that an animal doesn't have a better chance at survival without a horn than it does at being killed instantly.

1) You definitely made it seem like that's what you said.

2) Bro lions are not the only predators in the savannah. Hyenas hunt in packs and they bite and nibble at big wilderbeast and animals until that animal bleeds to death and becomes too weak to move. Then there are other Rhinos rivals, and Hippos and Elephants, all animals big enough to ? a rhino if they feel they or their young/territory is in danger. I showed you a video to give you an idea of what animals in the wild have to deal with on a daily basis. You think the wild is like some lion king disney movie where all the animals are frolicking together and having a party.... what they show you on TV is the mild watered down version of what takes place out there. An animal losing it's horns is like a human being losing it's legs or arms.... Sure you can live or survive, but you are extremely crippled and you need to rely on others to do certain things. and your chance of defending yourself is slim to none. That is what you call animal cruelty. It would probably be even more cruel to cut an animals horns off and let them continue living in the wild than to just put it out of it's misery. Just like a horse with a broken leg...
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chike is right about the horn thing. They are used for a lot more than just self defense. You cut most animals horns off they might as well be dead, and likely will die in the near future. Those animals who use their horns for food and are not herbivores or insectivores will not eat, that is animal code, unless your a cub if you didn't help ? it they won't let you eat it.
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Gustave, the Burundian crocodile, is six meters long and estimated at a ton. He's said to have consumed up to 300 people.