Netflix Launches Disc-Less On Canadian PS3

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in IllGaming
Canadians are getting a sneak preview today of the disc-less Netflix hitting North America next month as the streaming video service goes live up north.

Our Canadian brothers and sisters have been without the comfort of streaming Netflix on their video game consoles until today. Not only does America's Hat get their first taste of Netflix streaming console goodness today, they'll do so in a way that us U.S. residents will be waiting another month for.

Instead of popping in the Netflix disc, Canadians can simply navigate to the Netflix icon under the video section of the cross media bar, press the X button, and prepare for a whole new way to watch people doing stuff on their television sets.

Let us know how that goes, Cananda, okay?

http://kotaku.com/5644961/netflix-launches-disc+less-on-canadian-ps3

Comments

• KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    not impressed with the selection of movies here, i cant believe 360 ? was actually hyping netflix like it was some big deal LMAO desperate ass ?

the newest movie the got is sherlock holmes, and the second newest movie they got after that is SuperBad LMFAO netflix overrated just like party chat, 360 ? will hype anything if its "exclusive" no matter how lame it is.

luckily i got 1 month free so imma cancel dis ? n watch blu rays in 3d gettin head and shovin a move controller in my girls ? while i sip a frosty from wendys holla
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    not impressed with the selection of movies here, i cant believe 360 ? was actually hyping netflix like it was some big deal lmao desperate ass ?

the newest movie the got is sherlock holmes, and the second newest movie they got after that is superbad lmfao netflix overrated just like party chat, 360 ? will hype anything if its "exclusive" no matter how lame it is.

Luckily i got 1 month free so imma cancel dis ? n watch blu rays in 3d gettin head and shovin a move controller in my girls ? while i sip a frosty from wendys holla

dead
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Damn, they need to hurry up and give it to us in America. DO they gotta wait for a contract to expire or something?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    Damn, they need to hurry up and give it to us in America. DO they gotta wait for a contract to expire or something?

Yea, Netflix pulled one over on MS with it. MS paid for Netflix streaming to be exclusive to them for a year, then announced it to the world that it was only available on the 360. A few days later Netflix announced that it would also be available on the PS3 and the Wii, but you would have to insert a disc. Basically, they exploited a loop-hole in the contract with MS which allowed them to put it on the 3 consoles at the same time.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    netflix barely has any HD content. cant believe ? hypin this ? up. its terrible. i dont know how ppl say blockbuster went out of business due to netflix. Blockbuster went out of business due to ease of piracy and watching movies online. Netflix dont even have 1/10th the New Releases that Blockbuster does.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    netflix barely has any HD content. cant believe ? hypin this ? up. its terrible. i dont know how ppl say blockbuster went out of business due to netflix. Blockbuster went out of business due to ease of piracy and watching movies online. Netflix dont even have 1/10th the New Releases that Blockbuster does.

and dumb high ass prices....
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Yea, Netflix pulled one over on MS with it. MS paid for Netflix streaming to be exclusive to them for a year, then announced it to the world that it was only available on the 360. A few days later Netflix announced that it would also be available on the PS3 and the Wii, but you would have to insert a disc. Basically, they exploited a loop-hole in the contract with MS which allowed them to put it on the 3 consoles at the same time.

now thats ether..........
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeah when i got netflix I was like "jo....this goinna be perfect chillen a the crib bored pop in this disc and see pretty much any movie I want" Then when I did the following I was dissappointed by the lack of new movies and how you have to order the newer ones in the mail. Granted it only takes the next day or one day for the movie to come and you can keep it pretty long, how long? not sure, but yeah netflix is overrated, I be if you call in and tell them they might be able to change it up if enough people complain.
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Jay ? wrote: »
    Yeah when i got netflix I was like "jo....this goinna be perfect chillen a the crib bored pop in this disc and see pretty much any movie I want" Then when I did the following I was dissappointed by the lack of new movies and how you have to order the newer ones in the mail. Granted it only takes the next day or one day for the movie to come and you can keep it pretty long, how long? not sure, but yeah netflix is overrated, I be if you call in and tell them they might be able to change it up if enough people complain.

The movie studios ain't having that. Some of them already don't let Netflix carry their movies for rental until a month after the release date in exchange for more streaming movies.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dsd-o.gif

.....................? slang