"? space marines" man apologises

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in IllGaming
2K Games producer Denby Grace has apologised for a recent comment he made regarding the biggest issues facing the games industry.

"I would like to take this opportunity to address a statement that I thoughtlessly made while doing a recent interview," he told GayGamer.net.

"I was attempting to end the discussion in a jocular fashion by commenting on the hyper-macho "bromance" featured in a lot of military shooters that I play. Regrettably, I did so in a manner that was insensitive.

"I can assure you that was not my intent and for that, I apologise unreservedly."

Grace was referring to his statement that the industry's biggest problem was "an obsession with ? space marines" (as reported last week). As everyone knows, this is factually inaccurate as the real issue is straight ? zombies.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-23-? -space-marines-man-apologises

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Original story from last week:

What's the biggest problem the games industry faces in 2010? Used games? Piracy? No, it's "? space marines" according to Mafia II's senior producer.

When MTV's Multiplayer blog put the question to 2K Games' Denby Grace he replied, "It's a very good question and maybe a little general for a concise answer. An obsession with ? space marines."

Grace also revealed the best advice he'd been given during his career. "Recently actually from one of my bosses. 'Keep being an ass****, you're good at it.' He meant it in a nice way - I think. You have to be a little tough in my role, and sometimes break some hearts to make games."

We've been in touch with 2K to see if Grace would care to clarify his statement. We'll update if we get a response.

Mafia II hit PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 last month. Eurogamer awarded it 4/10.