anyone f**kin with final fantasy xiv?

Options
grumpy_new_yorker
grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in IllGaming
skipped on the collectors edition so i gotta wait till tues. any ic members playing yet?

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    na. is this the new MMO??
  • wnana
    wnana Members Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    skipped on the collectors edition so i gotta wait till tues. any ic members playing yet?
    nfl jerseys
    michael vick jerseys
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Naw I heard it was kinda of lame, then you have that daily 1 hour time limit.

Square Enix been falling off this Gen
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

word they have been falling off. the last Final Fantasy game i was juced for was FFX
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

I don't know what you mean by the second part of your comment.

The game is straight. Its not a WOW killer. I played the beta for a week, the final for a couple of days now. There are a lot of small things that need changing, like user interface, targeting NPCs, menu redundancy... its more user friendly than FFXI, a lot easier to put down and pick up and not feel overwhelmed or like you haven't achieved anything.

If the beta was still going I would have said check it out then cause it was a fairly accurate representation of the game.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited October 2010
    Options
    its not that bad. def not deserving of the 3 and 4 its has been getting. just make sure you have a good controller because playing this with a keyboard is no fun at all.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    damn i was thinking about this for ps3 but 1 hour time limit? gotta change that for psn users russ whats the game in ur sig?def.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited October 2010
    Options
    damn i was thinking about this for ps3 but 1 hour time limit? gotta change that for psn users russ whats the game in ur sig?def.

its not a one hour time limit. they just limit the amount of power leveling. so the games forces you to do other things. also they give you 8 quests every 36 hours. you could play the game technically 24-7 if you wanted. honestly with all the bad press this game is getting, i would not be surprised if they cancel the ps3 port.

FFXIV :Big Russ/Rabanastre
    PSN: BigRusDaGOD
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    IGN gave this a 5.5
  • biggyboykarl
    biggyboykarl Confirm Email Posts: 319
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've never played a FF game.
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    IGN gave this a 5.5

That's actually the highest score I've seen for it so far. Gamespot gave it a 4 and I think Gametrailers gave it a 4 or a 4.5. It's definitely a game that was meant to appeal to Eastern audience, especially the Japanese.