UK chart: F1 dethrones Halo: Reach

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in IllGaming
Codemasters' new racing game F1 2010 dethroned Halo: Reach to become the UK's best selling game last week.

It's the first F1 game to reach the top in nine years. It's also Codemasters' first attempt at the licence.

Halo: Reach was forced into second, but stayed ahead of another big new entry Dead Rising 2 in third.

PC exclusive Civilization V arrived in fourth, and Activision Blizzard's new Guitar Hero game, Warriors of Rock, debuted sixth. Sports Champions was sandwiched in-between in fifth.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands was seventh, Mafia II eighth and Toy Story 3 ninth.

This week's final newcomer, MMO Final Fantasy XIV Online, was 10th. Only the Collector's Edition was released last week, however - the standard game will be released on Thursday.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-27-uk-chart-f1-dethrones-halo-reach

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    but also in America F1 raceing isnt that big here so to have a european sport at the top of hte charts in europe isnt a shock.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Another reason why GT5 will be big in Europe
  • satyrone
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Another reason why GT5 will be big in Europe

and the next FIFA even tho some of my ? be ? with FIFA.
  • joshuaboy
    edited September 2010
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    but also in America F1 raceing isnt that big here so to have a european sport at the top of hte charts in europe isnt a shock.

Probably because no Americans are involved in F1 (anymore). America loves shooters, especially FPS'. Even NASCAR games don't do well.

and the next FIFA even tho some of my ? be ? with FIFA.

Already have that pre-ordered.
  • joshuaboy
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What's more surprising is the big drop off in Reach sales after one week.
  • satyrone
    edited September 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Probably because no Americans are involved in F1 (anymore). America loves shooters, especially FPS'. Even NASCAR games don't do well. .

yea i kno. but i actualy like F1 and Indy racing better that NASCAR but yea we love to shoot ? .
  • satyrone
    edited September 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    What's more surprising is the big drop off in Reach sales after one week.

prolly cuz of the ? copies thats out.
  • joshuaboy
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yea i kno. but i actualy like F1 and Indy racing better that NASCAR but yea we love to shoot ? .

Crazy race in Singapore yesterday. I might pick up F1 myself this week as well.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b-b-b-but no one plays racing games!
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Man damn I didn't even know that new F1 was out. It just in UK or is it out here. I'm about to go cop that hoe. I liked that last one and I don't have no NASCAR to play right now.
  • satyrone
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Man damn I didn't even know that new F1 was out. It just in UK or is it out here. I'm about to go cop that hoe. I liked that last one and I don't have no NASCAR to play right now.

from what ive heard about it is that they werent goin to do another NASCAR game then i hear it got pick up by another developer so who knows whats goin with it.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    from what ive heard about it is that they werent goin to do another NASCAR game then i hear it got pick up by another developer so who knows whats goin with it.

Yeah EA dropped it but someone picked it up I can't remember who. There is a thread here about it. I know most cats ain't checking for them NASCAR joints but I ? with them the long way. I am curious to see how much will be in GT5 though. I don't think it will be that much but we will see.

EDIT: Reports say Activision picked up NASCAR