VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in IllGaming
WTH is this game and why the craze?

Comments

• lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's one of those things you have to try out for yourself. Simple as hell, but really addictive. You start out with nothing in a randomly generated, very large world, and your only real goal is to survive. There's materials all around you that you can use to help, like you can cut down trees (with your hands at first, which is weird), to get lumber, which you can make into sticks, then you can use the sticks as handles to make a wooden pick, which you can use to harvest coal/granite so you can make a strong shelter to wait out the night so you don't get ? up by monsters, etc. It's kinda like playing with legos. I know the creator said that the game was going to be free until he could fix some of the problems that he was having, so if it is, just go check it out.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Is it only for PC?

And I just looked up videos on this game, that is a weird game. Graphics I ain't even gonna complain about I think they're dope to go back but it just seems so boring.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    14 bucks which isn't a lot at all but I played the free version (classic) and it seems cool. I couldn't create anything into weapons or objects but a house. I see that it could be addicting. I'm gonna watch YouTube videos more for now. Anyone else played or playing minecraft?
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bought the game, it is addicting and frustrating. I keep having to hide in pitch black underground at night to avoid the zombies, skeletons, spiders and those things that blow up. It sucks because if the mouse moves slightly I don't know how to get out of where I'm at because it's pitch black. I finally found coal and made 8 torches, and that took me 3 nights (in the game) I've died 3 times by those bomb creatures. Hard to find coal though, I know there's plenty but damn I can't seem to find any. Only reason I did was due to those guys that blow up, when I went back to collect my things it was there. (thank ? )

I'm liking the game but I'm still getting used to the game. It is easy but at the same time you gotta figure out everything. They have a wiki page for all of Minecraft, that helped me a lot.
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    zoomzoomp5 wrote: »

LOL

That's insane I ain't got that much time. Some guy is building a computer in this game, it actually functions. ? crazy ? .
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    zoomzoomp5 wrote: »

cot DAMN wow lol

Just goes to show: Never, ever, underestimate the passion of Trekkies. Trekkies are more devoted than Pac stans and Wu heads combined.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Minecraft's creator is bringing about $100,000 a day rite now sheeeeeeeeeeeit

here the computer Vibe mentioned
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    cot DAMN wow lol

Just goes to show: Never, ever, underestimate the passion of Trekkies. Trekkies are more devoted than Pac stans and Wu heads combined.

There's a lot of crazy designs. When you go in the multi-player (which is free on minecraft.net) if you enter a world someone has created you see all the crazy ? they can do. Iron man, Mega Man etc type stuff. It's crazy.