ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
another hyped college player that will be a bust

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

I'm lyin I know a few who will.

But yea your right.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i agree. this ? was the #1 player coming out of high school. he's overrated
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Who the ? had any hope for him?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

co-sign JEFF AXEL remembers when they claimed that he ran a 4.3 in a 40 he doesn't look that fast at all
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    pryor will not be a bust in the nfl.... he wont start right away, but the league is as cut throat as its ever been ... somebody will give him a shot and when they do i think he'll do ok. he wont be great like montana or no ? like that but he'll be good ... he'll be better than vince young i know that
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

When he was in Jeannette he played the worst defenses imaginable to get that number one spot. I remember sittin in the bleachers watchin this ? throw the ball in disbelief he was the number one QB. I could see a 5 star athlete, but a 5 star QB, hell naw!
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    pryor will not be a bust in the nfl.... he wont start right away, but the league is as cut throat as its ever been ... somebody will give him a shot and when they do i think he'll do ok. he wont be great like montana or no ? like that but he'll be good ... he'll be better than vince young i know that

based on what?
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    When he was in Jeannette he played the worst defenses imaginable to get that number one spot. I remember sittin in the bleachers watchin this ? throw the ball in disbelief he was the number one QB. I could see a 5 star athlete, but a 5 star QB, hell naw!

damn. lol...
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    pryor will not be a bust in the nfl.... He wont start right away, but the league is as cut throat as its ever been ... Somebody will give him a shot and when they do i think he'll do ok. He wont be great like montana or no ? like that but he'll be good ... he'll be better than vince young i know that

lmao...........
  • xRapHeadx
    xRapHeadx Members Posts: 155
    edited September 2010
    Options
    He has come a long way from his freshman year. His touch is really coming along. Arm is good enough for the league. He doesn't throw nearly as many ducks. The one problem I see is pocket presence. He doesn't feel the rush well enough for a guy with this kind of special mobility. Nearly limitless potential if he corrects a few mechanical issues he should be at least as good as VY..
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If Tebow will get a shot someone will give Pryor a shot.
  • xRapHeadx
    edited September 2010
    Options
    In order for him to be successful, he has to go to a creative offensive coordinator. He can do everything Vick does in Philly or the option plays they run in Tenn. He is not a wildcat QB. He is a quarterback. Would love to see him with Mike Shannahan..He'd be so special if he gets to learn behind McNabb for a year.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If Tebow will get a shot someone will give Pryor a shot.

Media Damn Near Begged him to be in the 1st Round, i never seen any ? like that before, Media was pushing so hard far him to be in the 1st Round....i was amazed at how hard they were pushing dude they made it seem like Teams were missing out because he has "Great Leadership" and "works hard"
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options
    xRapHeadx wrote: »
    In order for him to be successful, he has to go to a creative offensive coordinator. He can do everything Vick does in Philly or the option plays they run in Tenn. He is not a wildcat QB. He is a quarterback. Would love to see him with Mike Shannahan..He'd be so special if he gets to learn behind McNabb for a year.

What?????......
  • xRapHeadx
    edited September 2010
    Options
    In Philly, they basically run a Vanilla spread with everything is as a run option for Vick. Pryor can make any throw..
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options
    In Philly, they basically run a Vanilla spread with everything is as a run option for Vick. Pryor can make any throw..

Please Stop.....
  • xRapHeadx
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Please name a throw he can't make.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options

It's not about making "All the throws' his overall QB skills are garbage...he works excellent For college yes, but he's not A QB, his Passing skills are still very questioned by NFL scouts.... he's a Athlete playing the QB position, he's not a Great QB Prospect ...
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options

The one that goes forward to a receiver for starters. But every now and then he gets lucky so more realistically, the one that hits a receiver between the numbers.
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Media Damn Near Begged him to be in the 1st Round, i never seen any ? like that before, Media was pushing so hard far him to be in the 1st Round....i was amazed at how hard they were pushing dude they made it seem like Teams were missing out because he has "Great Leadership" and "works hard"

lol exactly. during the nfl draft thats all they talked about. they could never talk about his throwing.
  • xRapHeadx
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The one that goes forward to a receiver for starters. But every now and then he gets lucky so more realistically, the one that hits a receiver between the numbers.

That isn't true. He threw a perfect 20 yard fade behind the defender for a score in the Miami game. He hit Posey in the Ohio game for a deep strike toward the sideline between two defenders...He can throw the football.
  • xRapHeadx
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's not about making "All the throws' his overall QB skills are garbage...he works excellent For college yes, but he's not A QB, his Passing skills are still very questioned by NFL scouts.... he's a Athlete playing the QB position, he's not a Great QB Prospect ...

It's just about making the throws. What passing skills are you talking about? Be more specific. He can throw the 20 yard out/dig. He can throw the skinny post before the safety gets over. He can throw the deep seams. He has the passing talent to be more than just an athlete.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options

Exactly a lot of guys can throw in high school and be good in college. ? Hinez Ward threw for 400 yds in the peach bowl, put him behind center in the NFL and he wouldn't make it.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    He'll do better than jacory harris
  • xRapHeadx
    edited September 2010
    Options
    All the throws I listed are NFL caliber throws. He's not going to come in and be Matt Ryan, but he can be successful if he's in the right situation, which will probably happen as he isn't going top 10.