FoxNews.com runs "Obama listens to Gangsta Rap, OMFG BE AFRAID WHITE PEOPLE!!!" story

Options

Comments

• oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    oliverlang wrote: »
    LL is the first goat sorry.

Pos is dope. But, Cmon son Slick Rick is goat status for the simple fact he so creative and his style has been bitten by a who's who od MC's. Ghostface, Redman, Nas, Biting ass Jay Z, Snoop, Big , Dres, etc.

A dope MC is a dope MC regardless to albums released.

I"m not saying he's not dope...only a fool would say that....but the album represents your work...and he only has one good album. He is creative and if you say who is the best story teller...by far it's Ricky...but overall complete emcee? He's close...but just below the notch.
  • oliverlang
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ras kass used to be my favorite at one time...but after he got locked up and came back out...what i've heard has been so-so
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ras kass used to be my favorite at one time...but after he got locked up and came back out...what i've heard has been so-so

yeah listening to his older ? now in awe

think he try too too hard to blow on some of his songs...when that ? doesn't fit his style
  • oliverlang
    edited September 2010
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    yeah listening to his older ? now in awe

think he try too too hard to blow on some of his songs...when that ? doesn't fit his style

lol...that's exactly the same thing my boy and I were saying a few years back...that's funny you said that.
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Must be something to the East Coast bias thing. My partner says the same thing. I think it is because for so long there was a continental step your rap game up in every place except the East with a few exceptions.

AZ, Rass Kass, Ghost sound the same on every song. Dre belongs so does Big Boi and Black Thought. Don't feel Lupe. Now Jay Electronica, that dude is the only reason I haven't given up on the new stuff. Question why does Rass Kass sound like he doesn't listen to the beat when he rhymes?

Rass doesn't always ride the beat well, but you have to admit his body of work( along with Unreleased Van Gogh and The Golden Child) is very impressive. i don't agree that rass sounds the same on every song, now Az has this problem from time to time.

Black Thought imo doesn't have enough solo material and Big Boi is good not great. Whats wrong with Lupe? Enemy of The State was a good mixtape and his older material is close to being classic.

I forgot 1 artist Talib Kweli. Now Kweli is definitely top 10 or 12. i might have to revise my top 20.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I used to think Ether was better than Take Over, but in hindsight...Take Over is a much better song. When I listen to Ether now the beat is really annoying, but Nas does go tough on Jay...Until, you put in the Take Over and all that hype ends.

I know he had to dig PE since he was up in Do The Right Thing kicking it to Michelle.

Ether's the GOAT diss track but Takeover is a better overall song w/ a better beat.

and LMFAO @ this thread becoming Nas v. Jay thread #8,792,109
  • oliverlang
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Ether's the GOAT diss track but Takeover is a better overall song w/ a better beat.

and LMFAO @ this thread becoming Nas v. Jay thread #8,792,109

It was a great diss track but in my humble opinion I wouldn't even say it's the GOAT diss track...there were many harder disses than Ether and Takeover...for one...Common's "The ? in you" or KRSONE's "The Bridge is Over." That's just two off the top of my head.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Rass doesn't always ride the beat well, but you have to admit his body of work( along with Unreleased Van Gogh and The Golden Child) is very impressive. i don't agree that rass sounds the same on every song, now Az has this problem from time to time.

Black Thought imo doesn't have enough solo material and Big Boi is good not great. Whats wrong with Lupe? Enemy of The State was a good mixtape and his older material is close to being classic.

I forgot 1 artist Talib Kweli. Now Kweli is definitely top 10 or 12. i might have to revise my top 20.

Lupe is mad lyrical but he grates. On me sometimes. It his voice. Sound like my little Brother pre puberty. Common used to do that to me also.

Oh I forgot Ceelo is great with a Capital G. Thought is in a league of his own on the lyric tip. Kweli is trash, I aint never like him he was lucky to have Hi tek and Mos Def in his corner....................sike . He is dope I would put him my top 25 and top 5 conscious spitters.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ain't nothing to it gangster rap made em do it
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? the Neo-Con.. and tea party sympathesers.. ? them as a staff.. a movement and a political party.. if youu down with them ? you to..... ? sarah palin.. ? rush limbauge.. ? shawn hannity.. ? glenn beck ... dont one of yall ? have a kid with a child out of wedlock.... ? around and trip while on dancing with stars or something.

lol............

You better back the ? up Before you get smacked the ? up......This is how we do it on our side........Any of you ? from over there that want to bring it, bring it. We bringin' drama. ? you and your ? ' mama.....Now when I came out, I told you it was just about McCain and Palin, then everybody had to open their mouth with a ? opinion.......So this is how we gon do this: All of y'all mother ? , ? you, die slow ? , my four four'll make sure all your kids don't grow. You ? can't be us or see us......it's ? Obama Administration til we die....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    lol............

You better back the ? up Before you get smacked the ? up......This is how we do it on our side........Any of you ? from over there that want to bring it, bring it. We bringin' drama. ? you and your ? ' mama.....Now when I came out, I told you it was just about McCain and Palin, then everybody had to open their mouth with a ? opinion.......So this is how we gon do this: All of y'all mother ? , ? you, die slow ? , my four four'll make sure all your kids don't grow. You ? can't be us or see us......it's ? Obama Administration til we die....

T H U G L I FE

THE
    HATE
    U
    GAVE
    Lower
    Income.. Americans
    ?
    Everyone
  • Myayoni is bored
    Myayoni is bored Members Posts: 716 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    Options
    damn ? corny

Is that shirt real? I would like one of those
  • Myayoni is bored
    Myayoni is bored Members Posts: 716 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Is that shirt real? I would like one of those
    Yea it is. I'll put the link up in a minute.
  • m. trinidad
    m. trinidad Members Posts: 132
    edited October 2010
    Options

you ain't even got the shirt. fake fan
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    Options

Looks at his watch 22 hours later. Tapping his foot waiting for the link..........................
  • Swiffness!
    edited October 2010
    Options

Top 10 to ever wield a MIC Not in any particular order.

KRS
    NAS
    RAKIM
    CUBE
    SLICK RICK
    BIG
    KANE
    EMINEM
    PAC
    SCARFACE

Good list. :tu lol @ Em....h-rap feel betrayed

my 10 -

Pac (the GOAT, most versatile ever)
    Rakim (the Wilt Chamberlain of MCing, LIGHT YEARS ahead of his time)
    Biggie (simply incredible to this day, i feel sorry for Big haters. Ready to Die is the GOAT rap album. had he lived, he'd be RUNNING ? ....Big over early Timbaland & Neptune beats? curtains)
    Jay (even his worst albums have a handful of masterpieces, i can see him droppin classics @ age 55 like Bob Dylan....when he dies its very likely he'll take Pac's spot as the consensus GOAT)
    Nas (I wonder who will make more classic LPs this decade, him or Jay?)
    KRS (The Teacha.)
    Ghostface (Do ? realize this man dropped 7 back-to-back classics in one decade? That's Prince/Stevie Wonder level genius. Robert Christgau, the king of snob music critics, *LOVES* Ghost and has given ALL of his albums "A" ratings.)
    Ice Cube ('88-'93 Cube obviously....on AmeriKKKa Most he blended the thug and conscious vibes better than anyone else, even Pac & KRS.)
    Scarface (I barely listen to his music, so this is straight respect for the non-snitchin King of the South)
    Chuck D (my childhood hero, I don't care what you think about Chuck D. I really don't.)

Honorable Mentions:

Big L (such a shame, only completed 1 retail album, but his storytelling skills were ? mindboggling. Could've challenged Slick Rick for the storytellin crown. Woulda been making classic LPs w/ Just Blaze and Kanye had he lived to sign w/ the Roc. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Such a tragedy...)
    Eminem (needs to stop bullshittin, tell Jimmy Iovine to go ? himself, and make that masterpiece album we're still waiting for)
    Big Daddy Kane (I hate how his voice changed. Long Live the Kane BDK was amazing.)
    Slick Rick (GOAT Storyteller)
    Royce da 5'9 (incredible, the only MC to outspit Em, the most consistent member of Slaughterhouse, and the most underrated doubletime flow in hip-hop.)
    Common (couple years ago I was convinced that he was gonna make 3 more "Be" level albums w/ Kanye and force his way into my Top 10. Instead this ? goin Hollywood, smh)
    Big Pun (Capital Punishment is a classic, but latinos need to stop w/ that "its better than Ready to Die" blasphemy. 2nd album was MEH w/ 2 classic singles.)
    Joe Budden (? your hate for his twitter beefs. There's a reason this man was like ? in The Reason from 05 to 07. The only, and I mean only, rapper that can do a 8+ minute solo song without the ish getting dull. Incredible versatility, he can rip the ? out of a punchline freestyle, and spit pain-filled confessional rap with staggering ease. Constantly starts ? with other MCs because he knows he's that nice.)
    Pharaoh Monch
    Kool G Rap
    Redman
    Canibus when he isn't wack as ?
    Mos Def when he isn't bullshittin with his wack rock bands
    Cam'ron (hate away...Killa. Dipset fool. Wordplay is oh so underrated, forget that puters putin line and listen to the nuclear fire he's spittin on "Why They" sometime. When he focused - watch out.)
    LL
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Pac (the GOAT, most versatile ever)
    Rakim (the Wilt Chamberlain of MCing, LIGHT YEARS ahead of his time)
    Rakim is the greatest of all time. Tupac is that dude that wore that weird leather vest.
    Scarface (I barely listen to his music-
    what

you need to go home (or, if you are at home... uh... stay at home) and listen to the Diary and the Fix enough to compensate for this "barely" immediately; i'll wait here until you are finished
  • oliverlang
    edited October 2010
    Options
    mufu. please.

you only saying that bcuz he light-skinned...LOL...I know how your wack azz getz down, bytchNIGG

Royce is nasty, but out the D I'd have to go with Elzhi.
  • Swiffness!
    edited October 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Rakim is the greatest of all time. Tupac is that dude that wore that weird leather vest.

what

you need to go home (or, if you are at home... uh... stay at home) and listen to the Diary and the Fix enough to compensate for this "barely" immediately; i'll wait here until you are finished

I love The Fix, the beats on The Diary were kinda boring imo. I'd rather hear Face spit over Kanye beats.

mufu. please.

you only saying that bcuz he light-skinned...LOL...I know how your wack azz getz down, bytchNIGG

Royce is light-skinned? Huh? Wow, you really do hate like, half of the Black population, don't you

Packers by 13
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

what

I knew there was a reason I didn't totally hold you in contempt. Rakim is Goat 1C.
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cam'ron (hate away...Killa. Dipset fool. Wordplay is oh so underrated, forget that puters putin line and listen to the nuclear fire he's spittin on "Why They" sometime. When he focused - watch out.)
    LL

Wordplay. Yeah, the Funk Flex Incarcerated Scarfaces, Cam. Not the blam, blam, jam jam, slam slam. Dipset lowered the bar for NY rappers.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I love The Fix, the beats on The Diary were kinda boring imo. I'd rather hear Face spit over Kanye beats.
    why must you continue to say things that make me so angry? time to repeatedly play "Jesse James" on my mp3-playing machine and forget about all these troubles.

and for the record, the greatest beat on the Fix was produced by China Black. i'm just saying.
    Royce is light-skinned? Huh? Wow, you really do hate like, half of the Black population, don't you
    trashing Royce is just downright WRONG
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited October 2010
    Options
    WTF @ what this muthafuckin' thread has become...

LOL
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Obama has good taste in music, I'll leave it at that..........? Faux News.