Would You Let Your Kid Smoke Weed ?

Options
lookdude
lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
lets say they're 15-17 or if you found out they smoke weed how would you handle the situation ?

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'll just educate them and be honest with them. And if they are smoking that early they need to know that that ? will slow you down over time.

Smoking ANYTHING is bad for you. Just that weed is WAY LESS bad than other drugs.
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    id high five the little ? . then id roll up the fatest blunt he has ever seen and school him on white women.
  • lookdude
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I'll just educate them and be honest with them. And if they are smoking that early they need to know that that ? will slow you down over time.

Smoking ANYTHING is bad for you. Just that weed is WAY LESS bad than other drugs.

i feel that, i feel like if i had a kid and found out they where smoking trees i wouldnt trip, i just be like you better keep them grades up and teach them about the negatives and stuff... especially if you yourself smoked at a point in your life dont be a hypocrite
  • lookdude
    edited September 2010
    Options
    naw, i'd explain to that ? how life works. About the drug test, tha money, and the bills. I mean i'd tell em if you got a job, a house, a car, and got yo ? together it's nothin wrong w/ smokin. But if you callin me to help you with ANYTHING money wise then you can't afford to smoke weed. You need to have yo ? together and not let that purp hold you back AT ALL what so eva then it's nothing wrong with smokin.

so after explaining that to them they could come in the crib high as a blimp but as long as they got a grade A paper in hand ?
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    15-17.... i really dont know how Id handle it. I got caught high comin in the house and my moms was trippin...my pops just told her to chill. they probably thought it was a phase. It really depends on what type of kid they are @ that age. If he shows signs of being a follower or being weak-minded, Im deading that ? right there. Sit him down and school him. If he the type that shows leadership qualities and self-control, id still school him but i wouldnt be strict about it. It depends on how much guidance you feel they need
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Might sound strange, but if they were going to do it regardless, I'd rather them do it in the house where I can monitor. I wouldn't want them feeling the need to sneak off and do it, then I don't know what's going on at all.
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited September 2010
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    15-17.... i really dont know how Id handle it. I got caught high comin in the house and my moms was trippin...my pops just told her to chill. they probably thought it was a phase. It really depends on what type of kid they are @ that age. If he shows signs of being a follower or being weak-minded, Im deading that ? right there. Sit him down and school him. If he the type that shows leadership qualities and self-control, id still school him but i wouldnt be strict about it. It depends on how much guidance you feel they need

quality post...
  • Deckster
    Deckster Members Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if theres burnin at 15-17 there not gonna stop, so theres really nothin you can do.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    id be ? and tell him he shouldnt do it but then id be real with dude and say yeah i smoked for years, so do what u want but realize the negatives ya knowwwwww
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Might sound strange, but if they were going to do it regardless, I'd rather them do it in the house where I can monitor. I wouldn't want them feeling the need to sneak off and do it, then I don't know what's going on at all.

See thats why i wouldnt be strict. Cuz i was the first out of all my friends to get high but I stopped by the time they were becoming heavy smokers.

But there's a thin line between tolerating it and condoning it. I wouldnt want them to sneak it but I dont want them thinkin they can roll up on the kitchen table
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    quality post...

thnk u....
  • lookdude
    edited September 2010
    Options
    id be ? and tell him he shouldnt do it but then id be real with dude and say yeah i smoked for years, so do what u want but realize the negatives ya knowwwwww

why would u be ?
  • Iheart~Cali
    edited September 2010
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    See thats why i wouldnt be strict. Cuz i was the first out of all my friends to get high but I stopped by the time they were becoming heavy smokers.

But there's a thin line between tolerating it and condoning it. I wouldnt want them to sneak it but I dont want them thinkin they can roll up on the kitchen table

You're right. Tell them to take that to the garage. And stuff a towel under the door. *high five*
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'd be like Uncle Elroy.......

I don't care how high you get in my house, as long as you let me hit the blunt too...........

But seriously I don't smoke, so I'd tell them to go outside with that ?
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Open your kids eyes to what's real in society and don't let the schools, friends, or the streets be their only teachers
  • kentuckywildcat
    kentuckywildcat Members Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    As long as they don't start doing ? in front of me....then we would have a problem
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if he/she old enough to burn there old enough to pay bills
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My pops would always pass me the joint when I was 14 but that was because he seen I was alwready smokin weed and cigs at that age. But being that my son dont do it then I wouldn't do it with him. (not that I smoke anymore but a father & son conversation about life over a doobie isn't so bad)
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    at that age i sure as hell will. a family that will blaze together will stay together. its funny how i had to go sneak off to burn as my mother wouldnt allow it in the house. yet she would have no problem being the one passing me a beer or any other alcoholic beverage let alone permitting me to drink liquor period. she used to tell me it's good for the worms
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    honestly by the time i have a kid that ? i gonna be legal anyways (specially here in cali) ...so the point is kinda moot
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I dont do drugs and i expect the same from my kids, if they want to do drugs then they will get the hell out of my house
  • lookdude
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I dont do drugs and i expect the same from my kids, if they want to do drugs then they will get the hell out of my house

weed aint no damn drug though thats where people fail to realize
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    why would u be ?

it would just be a natural reaction to finding your kid sneaking ?
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    weed aint no damn drug though thats where people fail to realize

my personal opinion it is, and to be honestly, I dont like to put anything in my body except for that which I need for survival
  • lookdude
    edited September 2010
    Options
    my personal opinion it is, and to be honestly, I dont like to put anything in my body except for that which I need for survival

have u ever tried marijuana ?