Video:Lloyd Banks Says His Kanye Collabo May Feature Nas...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Reason
[video=vimeo;15408912]

[video=vimeo;15408933]
Lloyd Banks came up to the XXL offices this afternoon as the latest guest on our weekly Wednesday UStream show, Spotlight, and during the engaging interview he spoke on the possibility of he and 50 Cent rival Nas appearing together on one of Kanye West’s upcoming G.O.O.D. Friday tracks.

Banks said that he was in the studio with our October cover star two nights ago, along with John Legend and Kid Cudi and worked on two cuts—one for The Hunger for More 2 and one for ’Ye’s upcoming, still unnamed LP. “The record I had did for Kanye, he was saying he was putting Nas on it, so you may be seeing that in the future,” The Punchline King told XXLMag.com.

LB said Mr. West both produced and spit on his contribution for HFM2. “The [song] for my album is completely 2015,” he said, describing the beat’s sound. “It’s next level; it’s not nothing you heard before.”

In addition to the Louis Vuitton Don, Banks revealed to XXL that he has a song with new G.O.O.D. Music signee Pusha T of the Clipse on HFM2.

Comments

• blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • Lonestar409
    Lonestar409 Members Posts: 325
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Banks puttin in work. shoulda been doin this like 3 years ago
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Damn .. i'm tryin to hear this now, not on a random Friday, lol
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Greg Giraldo dead?!
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nov 23 HFM2

bout to be a problem
  • Lonestar409
    Lonestar409 Members Posts: 325
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Greg Giraldo dead?!

yes sir. ? ruined my day
  • BackInWhite
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yes sir. ? ruined my day

i just wikipedia'd that ?
    r.i.p. Greg Giraldo
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Damn its good to see Banks shine... he been puttin in work for a min
  • BackInWhite
    edited September 2010
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    Damn its good to see Banks shine... he been puttin in work for a min

if i was any other hatin ass poster i'd ask what the ? his shine has to do with you
    but i'm not
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    fif squashed it with nas?
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? was never serious w/ nas

fif had an opportunity to buy that kelis sextape and passed cause he said he didnt hate nas like that
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This is gonna be really good.
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if i was any other hatin ass poster i'd ask what the ? his shine has to do with you
    but i'm not

LOL... u dont like seeing artists that you've been listening to and knowin they were nice to finally get recognized for it?

Im sayin tho...
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited September 2010
    Options
    SMH boy have da mighty has FALLEN lol...damn who wouldve thought of da day da gggay-unit would want 2 b all buddy buddy wit everybody now that they have FALLEN OFF...smh@ lloyd pumper gettin on a trak wit 2 dudez nas & ye his muuunkey azz boss was dissin just like LLOYD 2 make a hit rap is so WWE!
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    8,022 posts of nut hanging onto G-Unit AND COUNTING for G33 this munkeeeeeeyyyyy
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

That's because G Unit was still relevant, they had no reason to collaborate. It's pretty obvious burning bridges destroyed their little empire and now they are reaching out!

I don't even understand why these ? (Nas,D Block, Dipset) are even reaching out to these herbs when all they did was try to destroy yall careers.
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    That's because G Unit was still relevant, they had no reason to collaborate. It's pretty obvious burning bridges destroyed their little empire and now they are reaching out!

I don't even understand why these ? (Nas,D Block, Dipset) are even reaching out to these herbs when all they did was try to destroy yall careers.

I agree, but with this i think the T/S has it confused. For one Banks said he worked on some stuff with Kanye for his album and Kanye album. I think the song that is suppose to feature Nas is going to be on Kanye's album and its Kanye who is the one who wants Nas on the track. I doubt Banks went to Kanye and asked to work with Nas and vice versa.

But yeah, Banks compilation album is shaping up to feature some hip hop heavy weights....lol...Anytime to have to reach out to Akon, Kanye, Fab, etc...you know you need all the help you can get.

Getwitcha
  • gee757
    edited September 2010
    Options

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I agree, but with this i think the T/S has it confused. For one Banks said he worked on some stuff with Kanye for his album and Kanye album. I think the song that is suppose to feature Nas is going to be on Kanye's album and its Kanye who is the one who wants Nas on the track. I doubt Banks went to Kanye and asked to work with Nas and vice versa.

But yeah, Banks compilation album is shaping up to feature some hip hop heavy weights....lol...Anytime to have to reach out to Akon, Kanye, Fab, etc...you know you need all the help you can get.

Getwitcha

so does that apply to ross also?????? just askin
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options

I agree with the underlined, but the bold I disagree with, I mean who cares about that beef ? let bygones be bygones these collabs are good for hip hop.
  • gee757
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    I agree with the underlined, but the bold I disagree with, I mean who cares about that beef ? let bygones be bygones these collabs are good for hip hop.

smh ya love fa da gggay-unit is sickenin fuuk that let bygonez b bygonez bs that WWE ? is not good fa hiphop...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    smh ya love fa da gggay-unit is sickenin fuuk that let bygonez b bygonez bs that WWE ? is not good fa hiphop...

i know you cant give up your disdain for g unit.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

maybe in a perfect world but dam 50 was dissing Nas's wife i don't know how you just let that ? slide and hop on a track with that camp. I mean they can't just claim it's all love now it's all about money now which isn't good for hip hop it's just good for their pockets. maybe it would work out but ? just seems so fluke
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    SMH boy have da mighty has FALLEN lol...damn who wouldve thought of da day da gggay-unit would want 2 b all buddy buddy wit everybody now that they have FALLEN OFF...smh@ lloyd pumper gettin on a trak wit 2 dudez nas & ye his muuunkey azz boss was dissin just like LLOYD 2 make a hit rap is so WWE!

Two versions of the same thing, one ebonic and one collegiate so everybody can understand

I think its funny how G-Unit is waving the white flag, they didnt have a change of heart, they just sank in popularity and are extending olive branches out of desperation.

Rozay destroyed the Myth-of-the-Munkee, 50Cent is no longer a platinum artist Like Emenim, JayZ, & LiL Wayne, T.I. & Kanye, he dosent have the skills to remain in that elite company.

Hopefully he will retire soon and become a full time comedian.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I agree with the underlined, but the bold I disagree with, I mean who cares about that beef ? let bygones be bygones these collabs are good for G Unit.

corrected that for ya!

When they were on their little run, they had no problem ? on ? and starting ? . ? all that peace ? when it benefits you now.