Much Respect to the "Elite 5" HipHops most exclusive club.......

Options
hrap-120
hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Reason
(I know sales dosent matter to you this is just recognizing the elite)
jay-z-kanye-wayne-ti.jpg

Record sales are at an all-time low, the country is in a recession and most people would rather steal music online instead of buying a C.D. or paying to download one.

A platinum plaque is becoming a rare trophy in HipHop, almost the Holy grail, and its takes a special artist to get one and a special and rare breed of artist to consistently get one, and stay relevant in today's climate.

So lets salute the Elite 5.

JayZ = 10 platinum or multi-platinum albums as of 2009 (including last years "Blueprint 3")

Eminem = Every one of his 6 albums is multi-platinum (including this years "Recovery")

T.I. = 5 platinum and multi-platinum plaques as of 2008, could be the end of the run for his streak due to legal woes and lack of commitment. If "King Uncaged" is released I have doubts it will reach platinum certification..

Kanye West = 4 platinum or multi-platinum albums in a row as of 2008, and expected to receive another plaque after this years "Dark Twisted Fantasy".

LiL Wayne
= has 2 platinum or multi-platinum solo rap albums in a row as of 2008, excluding his experimental rock album, the 3 million mega-selling "Carter 3" makes him a favorite to get that 3rd platinum plaque in a row when he drops the "Carter 4" in 2011.

Rappers who fell from elite-platinum status recently:

Ludacris (2008)
Snoop Dogg (2008)
50Cent (2009)
LiL Jon (2010)

Keeping the peoples interest year after year is no easy feat...especially 1 million or more people.

lil-wayne-kanye-west-jay-z.jpg

Comments

• weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL I love how the bald white guy in the back could be a stand-in for Em...clever hahaha
  • hrap-120
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL I love how the bald white guy in the back could be a stand-in for Em...clever hahaha

Oh ? ...........
  • blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol i noticed that
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I must have entered the Twilight Zone....
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol @ that Kanye pic
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    congrats to them

gotta give respect where respect is due
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ima have to cosign this thread and all the facts stated.

Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers Dont.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    white guy in the back kinda looks like gene hackmon a little bit Thread is 100% legit, but what about Jeezy? Doesn't he have 2 platinum plaques just like Wayne though I can't see him getting another one but you never know. Dam snoop had a good ass run.
  • hrap-120
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    white guy in the back kinda looks like gene hackmon a little bit Thread is 100% legit, but what about Jeezy? Doesn't he have 2 platinum plaques just like Wayne though I can't see him getting another one but you never know. Dam snoop had a good ass run.

Good catch,

Jeezy = 3 platinum albums in a row and his tentative release date is Sept 28 for "TM3".

Lets be real fam, Jeezy let Gucci Mane & Brick Squad out-hustle him.

With Wayne locked up and T.I. in outerspace Jeezy should have capitalized on the vacum and created a buzz leading up to his release date
    but the date keeps getting pushed back because he cant generate a buzz like Rozay, Gucci and Waka..

Poor Jeezy is not going Plat, if Luda couldnt i know for sure Jeezy cant.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol i love how the bald white guy in the back could be a stand-in for em...clever hahaha

lol.........
  • Beware
    Beware Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    how can kanye have 5 plat plaques if he only has 4 albums??
  • hrap-120
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Beware wrote: »
    how can kanye have 5 plat plaques if he only has 4 albums??

What are you trying to say???
  • Beware
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    What are you trying to say???

im trying to say that you edited your initial post after my comment. wow what a sucker!! you could've just said ok my mistake. WOW!
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »

dont forget the albums the label buys the 1st week to skew the #'s
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    im trying to say that you edited your initial post after my comment. wow what a sucker!! you could've just said ok my mistake. WOW!

this made me laugh
  • DatNiggaB1
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Coincidence that 3/5 are ? ?

And who knows about Jay, I think most would agree that the Camel's marriage to Beyonce is one of convenience. He damn sure seems more protective of Bleek (dissed Nas for dissing Memphis) than he is of Beyonce (wouldn't diss Game after he dissed Beyonce).

See I said this before, every ? does suspect ? and I do have to cosign this statement. He should ? slapped Game for talking bout B like that.........and also after thinking the other day, Why the ? aint they got kids? Its like they could just walk away from each other tomorrow with no ties. Dont make sense to me. Something's up wid dat.

I'm sure I'm viewed as a 'Jigga Warrior' by peeps on here. Truth is truth tho.......
  • DatNiggaB1
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    dont forget the albums the label buys the 1st week to skew the #'s

I been hearing that but I need solid proof.
  • Beware
    edited September 2010
    Options
    this made me laugh

this sorry muthafucka makes everybody laugh!! he should just off himself. it would save himself a lot of emberassment!
  • hrap-120
    edited September 2010
    Options

Look what I wrote in the edit silly sucker, I admitted the mistake and gave your stupid ass props, read illiterate sucker READ.
  • hrap-120
    edited September 2010
    Options
    this made me laugh

LOL, if the dumb ? knew how to read she'd look at the initial post and see what it says the reason for the edit was LOL.
  • great l
    great l Members Posts: 393
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Coincidence that 3/5 are ? ?

And who knows about Jay, I think most would agree that the Camel's marriage to Beyonce is one of convenience. He damn sure seems more protective of Bleek (dissed Nas for dissing Memphis) than he is of Beyonce (wouldn't diss Game after he dissed Beyonce).

And you are worried about another guy's sexuality because? It speaks volumes for you to come on a thread aobut sales and all you can have to say is their supposed sexuality.
  • great l
    great l Members Posts: 393
    edited September 2010
    Options
    TI is coming off that list just as TS speculated. I'm surprised Snoop has that many plaques.

I think the worst part about the music industry (hiphop in particular) is that sales number hardly ever go up from album to album. Once you're out of that "exclusive club", the chances of getting back in is slim to none.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »

But, men are in control of releasing and/or counting the numbers. So if the men lie about the numbers, then the numbers are false... so in conclusion, numbers can and do lie sometimes.
  • hrap-120
    edited September 2010
    Options
    great l wrote: »
    TI is coming off that list just as TS speculated. I'm surprised Snoop has that many plaques.

I think the worst part about the music industry (hiphop in particular) is that sales number hardly ever go up from album to album. Once you're out of that "exclusive club", the chances of getting back in is slim to none.

He did it to himself, he came out here acting country, and Cali dont play that.

Its sad because I was looking forward to some new material, I thought he was spendin' his jail-time writing the best material of his career.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nice list I have to agree. I support all except Wayne but I respect his ? . Thank you for disregarding Jeezy and Luda there time is up musically.