Do You Remember When Jay-Z Challenged Nas to a PPV Freestyle Battle?

Options
Ekscape
Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
edited September 2010 in The Reason
Hate to dwel on past ? but my homie reminded me of this and I was thinking about how epic this ? woulda of been if Nas actually woulda accepted; two multi-million dollar rappers, legends, top 10 mc's, in their primes on some straight fight klub freestyle battle ? lmao... This is why I always thought jay-Z lost the battle because this move was pure desperation... Though if it actually woulda happened I think Jay probably woulda won a face to face he was just to clever

Comments

• jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    how did this make you think he lost?

i thought this was a power move by jay and nas should have accepted that would have been epic and the most historic freestyle battle ever recorded
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Carmen be the judge..

But yeah that would've been something to watch
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I remember listening to the interview with Angie in late 2002 when Jay made the challenge.
  • Ekscape
    edited September 2010
    Options
    how did this make you think he lost?

i thought this was a power move by jay and nas should have accepted that would have been epic and the most historic freestyle battle ever recorded

Cause I feel Jay did that because there was a clear consensus in rap that he had lost the battle after Nas dropped ether... So jay was pretty much trying to find a way to change peoples minds... If Nas woulda accepted I belive Jay woulda smashed him because I belive that's something build for Jay; he's very witty and clever... For Nas to pretty much ignore it and decline pretty much gave Jay another "L"
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ekscape wrote: »
    Cause I feel Jay did that because there was a clear consensus in rap that he had lost the battle after Nas dropped ether... So jay was pretty much trying to find a way to change peoples minds... If Nas woulda accepted I belive Jay woulda smashed him because I belive that's something build for Jay; he's very witty and clever... For Nas to pretty much ignore it and decline pretty much gave Jay another "L"

i can see where your comin from, buts not everyday 2 powerhouse MC's freestyle battle on television...kinda ballsy for jay to make such a challenge...but yea such a battle would be a jay advantage since nas is known for the pen skills
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The proceeds was to go to charity. lol
  • Ekscape
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i can see where your comin from, buts not everyday 2 powerhouse MC's freestyle battle on television...kinda ballsy for jay to make such a challenge...but yea such a battle would be a jay advantage since nas is known for the pen skills

yeah jay made that challenge cause he knew Nas wasn't gonna accept... He knew he was a clear advantage to him for Nas to accept that... I know damn well if the advantage wasn't there like if he was beefing with Eminem he woudn't of challenged Em to no ppv freestyle battle in a million years lol
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nas should have accepted that
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? wouldve been epic