bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Eminem
    Kanye
    Wayne
    T.I.
    Jay-Z
    And I woulda said 50 previous to BISD, but it appears thats not the case anymore.
  • Dooms Day
    Dooms Day Members Posts: 74
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    Eminem
    Kanye
    Wayne
    T.I.
    Jay-Z
    And I woulda said 50 previous to BISD, but it appears thats not the case anymore.

I have a doubt on wayne, I think he is no longer capable of doing them #'s, rebirth gonna Flop

but I agree on Eminem,Kanye, T.I , jay-Z

50 ? If he wants he can <-- what I mean is, a mainstream album (like Curtis, massacre)
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You're always gonna have artists who can pretty much go platinum off of their name like Jay-Z, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Kanye, etc. Because let's be real, Blueprint 3 and Relapse are not great albums. They're still better than most of last year's rap releases, but compared to past Jay-Z and Eminem albums, they're not as good. But these days, I think any rappers are capable of going platinum. Album sales as a whole are way down, so you're not gonna have as many artists go platinum as you used to. But I think rappers like Soulja Boy and Gucci Mane going platinum are evidence that it's not about talent. If a label gets behind an artist by promoting them and giving them a budget that allows them to get the best production available, there's a good chance that artist could go platinum. If an artist gets shoved down people's throats (or ears) for long enough, eventually they'll get put on a remix for a popular r&b single.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    T.I.
    Jay-Z
    Eminem
    Kanye
    Drake
    Lil Wayne
    Ludacris

50 can't go platinum without a gimmick...Curtis?? That ? basically sold half of its total sales in its first week because of the competition with Kanye.
  • Dooms Day
    edited January 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    T.I.
    Jay-Z
    Eminem
    Kanye
    Drake
    Lil Wayne
    Ludacris

50 can't go platinum without a gimmick...Curtis?? That ? basically sold half of its total sales in its first week because of the competition with Kanye.

Aight , Luda, Wayne,Drake ? <
    I Highly doubt that
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • Dooms Day
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    em
    kanye
    Jay

acceptable, but I doubt jay will hold that plag for a long time (maybe 1 more album)
  • Question Authority
    Question Authority Members Posts: 494
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I doubt if 50 will ever go platinum again. The 50 fad seems to be long over. No one cares about him anymore.

Em
    Jay
    T.I.
    Kanye

Those seem to be the four rappers who'll pretty much go platinum every time.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dooms Day wrote: »
    Aight , Luda, Wayne,Drake ? <
    I Highly doubt that

maybe u should stop getting high then
  • gak7
    gak7 Members Posts: 406
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Chamillionaire
  • KillaCham
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    maybe u should stop getting high then
    Word...50's official album is being outsold by Drake's mixtape EP that's been avaliable via free download for over a year now...

Drake >>> 50

Did we forget that Wayne went 3x plat just 2 years ago? If he stops this rock ? , he can do at least half of that again.

Wayne >>> 50

Luda's last album was a mistake..he had like no single-worthy tracks on it..but How Low is already doing better then all 5 failed singles from BISD

Luda >>> 50
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wayne(excluding this Rebirth album), Jay-Z(unfortunately), Eminem...Kanye ? himself...T.I. is a strong maybe....50..just NO....and everyone else besides maybe Drake dont really stand a chance anymore...Internet and media has destroyed all hopes of high sales
  • Dretox2010
    Dretox2010 Members Posts: 1,295
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Eminem (Relapse is now Multi Platinum with over 1.7 Million sold in America)
    Jay Z
    Lil Wayne
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dretox2010 wrote: »
    Jay Z
    Lil Wayne

LMAO at that
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Em, Jay, Wayne, T.I., Kanye
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dretox2010 wrote: »
    Jay Z
    Lil Wayne

Relapse will not be multiplatinum until it sells 2 million. But I can guarantee that all artists nowadays do not take going gold or platinum for granted. I'll be surprised if we ever see another diamond plaque, for an album that came out after '05-'06 anyway. I remember in the late 90's going gold just meant you didn't flop and your label wouldn't drop you. If you sold 200,000-300,000 your first week, that was a falure. You had artists like The Dayton Family and Brotha Lynch Hung going gold off of albums (F.B.I. ; Season of da Siccness) that received no video or radio play. The good ole pre-Napster days.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Jay, T.I, Em, Wayne, Kanye I think Nas too if he gets more promotion on his albums and radio play. Untilted went Gold and had no promotion at all and hardly any radio play tracks. So if he did that with a new album I think he could go Plat.
  • KillaCham
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Nas could go plat IMO...but I don't think he ever will again based on the music he'd put out.