How would you feel if your straight male friend never made a move on you?

Options
allreasoned_out
allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Powder Room
Like you have a male friend and you and him are cool, but he never tries to make a move on you. I'm not saying that you are interested, I'm just wondering what you would think if he never showed any interest in you.

I'm asking females. Lol.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sperling wrote: »
    i'd be happy

So you wouldn't start to wonder why he doesn't make a move on you (even if you would reject him)?
  • Myayoni is bored
    Myayoni is bored Members Posts: 716 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    would never happen
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I never made a move on my friend from college (puerto rican mami) and she ended up throwing it at me.... HARD. play your position fellas and she may make a move on you. Not a good move for a dude to initiate 1st. Females may drop you from the roster as the 6th man... :(
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • akforty7
    akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'd be relieved b/c even if they don't make a move they always find a way to let you know "you can get it" and that changes things. So it would definitely be a breath of fresh air to have a male friend that can restrain himself or is actually not interested.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have a lot of female friends that are fine but I've never been interested in them sexually *shrugs*
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have plenty of females friends Im like that with...honestly I am attracted to them sexually but since these certain chicks are really good friends and good to be around I rather not ruin that ? by making a move on them.
    ? its a few like that now who I can call and say lets go do something bars movies lunch etc....most of the time though eventually she'll throw a hint and we'll ?
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    had girls that were just friends ask me why i havent tried to have sex with em

cause im not thirsty
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It feels great. I have one real male friend that has never tried anything with me. and we've been friends for a long time.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Never understood the whole men and women friends thing unless you knew each other since childhood.Why would I want to be friends with a woman that I just met? Men and women are to different to be friends with and if they are not single then their spouse will be paranoid about the friendship and rightfully so.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sperling wrote: »
    not at all. i'd actually prefer a male friend who isn't trying to ? . thats why so many women have a ? friend

Women are boring if there is no sexual interest.What makes you or any other women interesting enough to keep a man's attention without their being a sexual attraction?
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    happy. It;s nice to have a guy you can communicate your problems to and get a answers without feeling like they have an agenda.
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Never understood the whole men and women friends thing unless you knew each other since childhood.Why would I want to be friends with a woman that I just met? Men and women are to different to be friends with and if they are not single then their spouse will be paranoid about the friendship and rightfully so.

I agree 100% on the new friends chilling and hanging out alone and what-not.... it's a recipe for disaster

EDIT: New guy & girl friends chilling when they have a spouse at home waiting for them is not cool. & is a recipe for disaster
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • allreasoned_out
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've really learned some things by the female responses to this thread.

Maybe because you have things in common (common challenges or interests, for example), or you just find each other interesting.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    there's a few friends i've never made a move on, and a few i have...
    we all have unique relationships
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Like what?
  • allreasoned_out
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Like what?

That because so many guys are trying to have sex it can be a relief and a valuable experience for some women to have male friends who don't make a move on them. It potentially throws new light on a friendship I have.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it's not possible........shorty knows if she is that attractive

and friendship just makes you want to wife them up even more SMH
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nigg@ aint never make a move cuz he lack confidence, trust that nigg@ initial thoughts, if you're sexually attractive, was I'd beat the brakes off her, and he never built the nerve so the friendship blossomed to what it is.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it's not possible........shorty knows if she is that attractive

and friendship just makes you want to wife them up even more SMH

this right here

men are visual/sexual beings and it's normal for a man to go on the hunt for a attractive woman whether if yall close or not

now i CAN'T do it because i know my mentality and how i fucc

imma try and put it on you and be the best you've fuccin ever had

and i don't need my "friend" being hooked on me

i'd fucc my associates but not the women i consider real friends
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Like you have a male friend and you and him are cool, but he never tries to make a move on you. I'm not saying that you are interested, I'm just wondering what you would think if he never showed any interest in you.

I'm asking females. Lol.

Its a good thing....
  • VulcanRaven
    edited October 2010
    Options

Maybe because you have things in common (common challenges or interests, for example), or you just find each other interesting.
    Most women don't know anything about sports.The women I meet on a regular bases don't play video games or like the movies I like.I don't like Tyler Perry or American idol.Men and women face different challenges and can not relate to each other by nature.Each sex have different things which full fill their wants and needs.Our roles are not equal which leads to making a bond.I only find women interesting if I want to BONE them and I am NOT ? so it's an insult to my manhood for a woman to even suggest being just friends if she plans to be in my company beyond normal day to day interactions.If I am single then I need to fill the void in my sex life.If I am not single then any time I would have to spend with a woman who is just a FRIEND would be spent with the woman who is giving me the monk monk and if I need a female input (which I don't) then she would suffice.This being JUST friends wit women must be some new ? .When I was growing up all the males older than me did not chill with women unless they fornicated with them.That's just a waste of trying out NEW ? .
  • allreasoned_out
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Most women don't know anything about sports.The women I meet on a regular bases don't play video games or like the movies I like.I don't like Tyler Perry or American idol.Men and women face different challenges and can not relate to each other by nature.Each sex have different things which full fill their wants and needs.Our roles are not equal which leads to making a bond.I only find women interesting if I want to BONE them and I am NOT ? so it's an insult to my manhood for a woman to even suggest being just friends if she plans to be in my company beyond normal day to day interactions.If I am single then I need to fill the void in my sex life.If I am not single then any time I would have to spend with a woman who is just a FRIEND would be spent with the woman who is giving me the monk monk and if I need a female input (which I don't) then she would suffice.This being JUST friends wit women must be some new ? .When I was growing up all the males older than me did not chill with women unless they fornicated with them.That's just a waste of trying out NEW ? .

You're interests are limited. Not every man is like you. And you're limiting the interests of (some) women.