Miguel New Artist! Thoughts?

Options
dimples
dimples Members Posts: 29
edited October 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Don't know if there's already been a thread about this dude. I've got a good feeling about this guy. I'm hoping he's gonna break out and really do his thing soon. Loved his song with J Cole I heard on the radio a few months back and ended up youtube stalking him! His stuff is real nice, I think he's bringing something fresh into the R&B game. What do you think?

Check out his mixtape, some of the songs have a Prince influence: http://www.zshare.net/download/734944642184db7d/ (Direct from his twitter account, don't be afraid of the link!)

Songs not on the mixtape

Comments

• YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I love "all I want is you" I was actually listening to some of his other stuff earlier... Vixen and the joint with Neyo, ummm I cant say Im really feeling him, but I like his aim... He has alot of potential
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That song he has with J. Cole is pretty tight. The video gets some decent shine on MTV Jams. I've heard conflicting stories about him performing live, though. Some say he's pretty good; some say he's kinda wack...in as far as his vocals during a live show, that is.
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i love "all i want is you" but i barely hear it on the radio. one of the few songs i like on the radio yet i barely hear it. but i can be sure to hear "love all over me" by monica 1200 times a day(? hate that song). anyways, i'm feelin his voice and we need more r&b soulful artists but he is not attractive, not that it matters but his eyes are too far up on his head or something.
  • CaseyAsh
    CaseyAsh Members Posts: 26
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i dont like him, he's too weird for me, i didnt feel his music either, its kind of a blank vibe..
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited October 2010
    Options
    when i first hear his song he sounded like someone who's trying too hard. but the song started to grow on me a little. i like the video, all the florescent jewelry and outfits. he has a beautiful smile and he's kinda cute though
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like All i want is you, but dude sounds bad live. I saw his Yankee stadium performance and it was lackluster.
  • dimples
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i love "all i want is you" but i barely hear it on the radio. one of the few songs i like on the radio yet i barely hear it. but i can be sure to hear "love all over me" by monica 1200 times a day(? hate that song). anyways, i'm feelin his voice and we need more r&b soulful artists but he is not attractive, not that it matters but his eyes are too far up on his head or something.

Lol, not feeling Monica huh? I don't find him attractive either, he looks kinda weird to me. But I think that's a good thing. I'm tired of male singers using how 'sexy' they are to build a fanbase, or should I be tired of the females who create that hype in the first place?
  • dimples
    edited October 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I like All i want is you, but dude sounds bad live. I saw his Yankee stadium performance and it was lackluster.

Would you put that down to nerves or an indication of how he'll generally be as a performer? Haven't seen any of his performances, may check some out. I think he's supposed to be going on the road with Mary J soon.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I listened to some of his music on youtube and im digging him a bit. His voice was stronger than "all i want is you" displays. I like "sure thing" dude is pretty nice. I have tix to the mary show in l.a. this week so i'll report back on his live performance.