Ladies why so much make up on?

Options
  Colin$mackabi$h
Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Powder Room
and what does that say about your personality?

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    your amazing just the way you are
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I dont usually wear makeup and when i do, its just eyeliner and mascara.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    Aquaf!nafloe Confirm Email Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i dont ? wit da makeup i use to wheni was younger but it took me like 4 years to repair my skin,,,
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I dont wear it everyday. Makeup is like the icing on the cake when I get dressed up. most guys don't like anything more than lip gloss & eye liner and it's usually women that give the most compliments when I do have my face made up. lol. I don't know what that says about my personality.
  • Elle_Music
    Elle_Music Members Posts: 926
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I dont wear it everyday. Makeup is like the icing on the cake when I get dressed up. most guys don't like anything more than lip gloss & eye liner and it's usually women that give the most compliments when I do have my face made up. lol. I don't know what that says about my personality.

this is soooo true...
    But when i do wear make up, i stick with the earth tones and light colors... I stay away from all that bold/loud/glittery stuff
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    makeup is fun. I like transforming my look
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Earthtones are too subtle on me so I don't even bother with them most times. I usually go for purple or pinks but I've been on a smokey eye kick for a while.

QueenofBlendingMUA & iCraize on youtube got me liking the brighter colors.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I always get a kcik out seeing pics of some of these celebs without thier makeup on

a guess a lil bit of make up is cool but if you like a totally different person without it then that's a different story

aint nothing wrong wit getting a lil fancy tho
  • Elle_Music
    Elle_Music Members Posts: 926
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Earthtones are too subtle on me so I don't even bother with them most times. I usually go for purple or pinks but I've been on a smokey eye kick for a while.

yea the pinks and purples don't really go with my skin complexion. My sis in law is a light bright and she can pull those off. They are really cute on her but not really for me.
    It's mostly bronzes, light golds, browns and beiges for me.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Elle_Music wrote: »
    I stay away from all that bold/loud/glittery stuff

Yeah that's how I am..I try to keep it semi-natural looking.

I'll do a dark smokey eye if I go out at night though..I love that look.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And if the painted face of age is horrible the painted face of youth is digusting. It is artistically bad and spiritually worse. It is the mark of a debased taste and a shallow mind. It is like painting the lily or adding perfume to the violet, and has on one of the unpleasant effect that is made by heavy odours in which the same type of person drenches herself, so that to pass her is like passing through a sickly fog. These things are symptoms of a diseased mind - a mind that has lost the healthy love of truth and nature, and has taken refuge in falsities and shams. The paint on the face does not stop at the cheeks. It stains the soul.
    ~ Alpha of the plough (A.G. Gardniner)
  • Harlem Shake
    Harlem Shake Members Posts: 671
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And if the painted face of age is horrible the painted face of youth is digusting. It is artistically bad and spiritually worse. It is the mark of a debased taste and a shallow mind. It is like painting the lily or adding perfume to the violet, and has on one of the unpleasant effect that is made by heavy odours in which the same type of person drenches herself, so that to pass her is like passing through a sickly fog. These things are symptoms of a diseased mind - a mind that has lost the healthy love of truth and nature, and has taken refuge in falsities and shams. The paint on the face does not stop at the cheeks. It stains the soul.
    ~ Alpha of the plough (A.G. Gardniner)

Your posts are quite depressing to read............ lol thought I'd just say that......... somebody would just say B. Pumper's jewels are cloudy...... and you would be over here dropping poems about overcast days and ? .........
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Shorties that wear too much makeup are insecure about their looks
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Your posts are quite depressing to read............ lol thought I'd just say that......... somebody would just say B. Pumper's jewels are cloudy...... and you would be over here dropping poems about overcast days and ? .........

Couldn't be anymore depressing than yours :S
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Haha, QueenofBlending does amazing eyes. I think I had her on my friends list on Myspace way back when. Always said if I have a big wedding I'm getting her to do my eyes. Is she still in Socal?

Anywho, my usual is eyeliner and mascara. If it's something dressy my go-to thing is always the smoky eye. I love shadows, but can't think of anything besides the smoky look that will look good with my skin. I was thinking of trying the 40's/50's look with the liner only on the upper lid and a bright lip. I don't know. I need some tips.

I never do face powder though. It's terrible for the skin.
  • JackAssInTheBox
    JackAssInTheBox Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Shorties that wear too much makeup are insecure about their looks

• marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Haha, QueenofBlending does amazing eyes. I think I had her on my friends list on Myspace way back when. Always said if I have a big wedding I'm getting her to do my eyes. Is she still in Socal?

she has a (small) makeup line now. just shadows but it's pretty awsome watching her go from myspace to that. I follow her on twitter i think she is still in so-cal

http://www.queenofblending.com/
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited October 2010
    Options
    she has a (small) makeup line now. just shadows but it's pretty awsome watching her go from myspace to that. I follow her on twitter i think she is still in so-cal

http://www.queenofblending.com/

good for her. that is a long way from myspace and youtube vids.

Yeah cali, i think she's still in so cal. Pasadena I believe.