Kevin Durant and Thunder Got Next

Options
Mumo X
Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Lemme be the first one to say it...With Kobe and Lakers era coming to an end, Thunder is the Next Dynasty to dominate this game and not the Heat nor the Magic. I'm predicting they are going to win a championship in the next 3 years and in total this team looks like they can win atleast 5 rings in the long run if they stay together. This Franchise is built on a strong foundation and is more balanced with each player having a well defined role.

Brothers fail to realize how this team is loaded. I'd argue its the most talented team in the league alongside the Heat and the Lakers. What the former and the latter have on Thunder is jus experience. Give this team 2 more years and its gonna run like a well-oiled machine.

Kevin Durant
KD35 Offensive repetoire in unmatched in the game today. while he still honing his skillset his shooting is excellent , his mid-range jumper is superb,great footwork, post game is brilliant and he is more clutch than Lebron. His stats reflect on improvement each year.His ppg hav increased (20.3-25.3-30.1) while his Rebounds the same (4.4-6.5-7.6) He's now a better playmaker and has become a better defender. The only flaw in his game is that he aint a great passer. But lets not forget his age. In his prime he's gonna be unstoppable,explosive,electrifying. Im anticipatin him being a double-Double dude. with his height he is going to be pulling down atleast 10 Rebound a game.The organization has sorrounded Him with great talent so i expect him to flourish. After all is said and done i believe Durant's will go down as one of the GOAT and a top 5 baller in history.

Russell WestBrooke
This is kid reminds me of Jason Kidd. He been in the League for only 2 years and he already flirting with trple-doubles every night??? that should account for something considering he only 21 years.His court vision is superb. Last year he averaged 16.1 ppg 5 rpg 8apg. My bold prediction is that he will be the Best Point Guard in the League in 5 years time.

Serge Ibaka
African beast. A clone of Dikembe Mutombo. He's tenacity and energy in the post should give most big men a torrid time in the post. He is agile,athletic and a great shot blocker. He definately a lock down defender in the makin and i see him as a future
15-15-3 guy. and he jus turned 21???

Jeff Green
He the one who slows the development of this team but i cant blame him since he is being played outt position but expect him to improve his shot and ability to rebound and stretch the floor to enable KD35 to ? teams lol!! he jus 24 years

James Harden
2nd year in the league. This kid held his own in the Sophomore-Rookie challenge when he poured in 22 points considering he had Tyreke,Jennings,DeJuan Blair on the same team. Son is lethal from the 3 point range, a go-to perimeter shooter and has developed a killer instinct. Last season he averaged 9.9 ppg 1.8 apg 3.2 rpg in 23 minutes. Expect him to make huge strides this season. he jus 21 ??

Honestly this team is madd talented. If they stick together then sky is the limit for them. Each one of the got the potential to be Future All Stars.

My bold prediction is that Kevin Durant will win Regular season MVP & AllStar Game MVP and he will average 33 PPG and 10 RPG.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    When did the Lakers come to an end.. i will say they will be a force to be reckoned with they have a lot of talenton that team.
  • long_tong
    long_tong Members Posts: 441
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm still not sold on them. They are gonna have to show me more. I think they need some good vets on the bench and a real big man at PF. Jeff Green is a small forward in every way. I'm seeing 7th or 8th seed again this year.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    got next at what? i dont speak swahili
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The only team the Thunder won't be able to really compete with, not even compete, more like they can't beat out West in a 7 game series this year is The Lake Show.

I can see them making a jump up this season from an 8th seed last year to being one of the top 4 seeds out West this year.
  • Darius
    edited October 2010
    Options
    and i dont see Ollie's name
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    smh at this thread.
  • Based GAWD
    Based GAWD Members Posts: 1,168
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I could see 4th seed in the west and makin it to the 2nd round
  • Mumo X
    edited October 2010
    Options
    When did the Lakers come to an end.. i will say they will be a force to be reckoned with they have a lot of talenton that team.

Lakers will be done after this season. I give them at most 2 years.
  • Darius
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Lakers will be done after this season. I give them at most 2 years.

they are done after this season, but you are giving them 2 years before they are done?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Kind of like how the Clippers had next back in the day?

The Lakers still have another 2-3 years, Miami will be there, and so will the Magic. Keep in mind that alot of these bad teams are gonna start building up too (Knicks, Nets, Wizzards,etc).
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Denver with George Carl and Carmelo > Thunder.
    Healthy San Antonio > Thunder.
    Dallas > Thunder.
    Utah w/ Deron Williams and Al Jefferson = Thunder.
    Lakers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thunder.

...We'll see just how effective Durant is this season. He's just now reaching people's radar, so now they will start to make defensive strategies based solely on his offensive tendencies.

Also, I'm pretty sure he ain't scoring anywhere near 30ppg this season simply because Westbrook is starting to bloom, and he'll begin to take shots that he normally wouldn't.
  • Mumo X
    edited October 2010
    Options
    long_tong wrote: »
    I'm still not sold on them. They are gonna have to show me more. I think they need some good vets on the bench and a real big man at PF. Jeff Green is a small forward in every way. I'm seeing 7th or 8th seed again this year.

Trust me, they gon make a huge jump to 2nd seed. Only Lakers can shut down this young,energetic & talented Team. I jus dont see any other team in the West stoppin them. This team dont need vets, it has been rebuildin since 08. As for a Real Big Man, Serge Ibaka wil get the job done. He held his own against Gasol & the Laker bigs. This is a team on the rise. Like i said, give them 3 years and theyl own the game.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Dallas > Thunder.

...We'll see just how effective Durant is this season. He's just now reaching people's radar, so now they will start to make defensive strategies based solely on his offensive tendencies.

Also, I'm pretty sure he ain't scoring anywhere near 30ppg this season simply because Westbrook is starting to bloom, and he'll begin to take shots that he normally wouldn't.

*fixed*.....
  • Mumo X
    edited October 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Kind of like how the Clippers had next back in the day?

The Lakers still have another 2-3 years, Miami will be there, and so will the Magic. Keep in mind that alot of these bad teams are gonna start building up too (Knicks, Nets, Wizzards,etc).

I aint disputin none of this, like i said Thunder wil b the best team in the league in 3 years time unless either one of the dudes i mentioned becomes injury prone or gets traded. No team aside from the Lakers and the Heat got that madd talent in they roster. You cats dont realise that this team has potentially the greatest pure scorer the league wil ever see, a Point guard that wil be averagn triple doubles in the near future and possibly a top 5 centre in the league in 3 years time...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »
    *fixed*.....

haha yeah I messed up

*edits post*
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Harden, Ibaka, and Jeff Green are not good players on a championship team.

Harden is a 7th man at best, Jeff Green is way undersized and should be coming off the bench on a better team, and Ibaka won't really progress into anything special imo. He will be a big piece of the team for his size, but I don't see anything more than a 12-8 guy.

They're building which is a good thing, but I don't see them being serious contenders for another 3-4 years and that's only with different players to compliment Durant and Westbrook cause the guys they have now,,,,, naw.
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lakers will be around for at least the next 3 years.. and after that.. then a proper assessment of their future can be made.. .. theres alof of good teams in the west.. OKC is just another one.. Durant is on his way but will he be more than the numbers who knows.. his jumpshot is his x-factor that he holds over many.. but can he lead , can he be a superstar.. yet to be seen.. contrary to popular belief but he is well on his way.

Like i say ? is not a perfect science in 3-4 years.. ? dont grow their game.. teams dont automatically take that step up.. nothin is in stone.. let the boys play.
  • Mumo X
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Dallas > Thunder.

Keyword: 3 years. Im surprised how most of yall are criminally underatin thunder. Time is of the essence. Jus watch Thunder dismantle teams this season. As much as i believe in duncan, if he is countin on gettin help from the injury prone duo, ginobli and parker then spurs aint goin nowhere. Mavs are jus chokers. Nuggets are meehhh. Jazz jus lost ? . The troika of Durant-Westbrooke-Ibaka is takin over this league in 3 years. It is what it is. Bron better start winnin now.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The Blazers>>The Thunder
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    The Blazers>>The Thunder

ehhhhh.........
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    people still sleepin' on what Sacto is building ??
  • Mumo X
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lakers will be around for at least the next 3 years.. and after that.. then a proper assessment of their future can be made.. .. theres alof of good teams in the west.. OKC is just another one.. Durant is on his way but will he be more than the numbers who knows.. his jumpshot is his x-factor that he holds over many.. but can he lead , can he be a superstar.. yet to be seen.. contrary to popular belief but he is well on his way.

Like i say ? is not a perfect science in 3-4 years.. ? dont grow their game.. teams dont automatically take that step up.. nothin is in stone.. let the boys play.

Durant has proved he has qualities of becomin a leader and that wuz reflected on his recent success with the usa team. What people dont get is that Durant is ONLY 21, jus been in the league for 3 years and each year he has shown a remarkable improvement and that can be reflected in his stats. This kid is a monster in the makin. If he is averagin 30 ppg when he's 21 what happens when he is 27 provided he dont get a career threatening injury?? I dont see a 34 year old Kobe puttin up the same stats..Lakers are done after 2 years
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Durant has proved he has qualities of becomin a leader and that wuz reflected on his recent success with the usa team. What people dont get is that Durant is ONLY 21, jus been in the league for 3 years and each year he has shown a remarkable improvement and that can be reflected in his stats. This kid is a monster in the makin. If he is averagin 30 ppg when he's 21 what happens when he is 27 provided he dont get a career threatening injury?? I dont see a 34 year old Kobe puttin up the same stats..Lakers are done after 2 years

Your putting way to much stock in stats.. Team USA.. lol are u serious.. Like i saidhis shooting and him knowing that his shot is going in more times than not gives him that extra confidence and will carry him a long way.. The thing is Kobe doesnt have to put up the stats the effect he has on the game is beyond stats.. its the how and when you get those stats.. Again he is on his way.. lets not give ? purple hearts before they goto war..
  • qoolaide33
    qoolaide33 Members Posts: 800
    edited October 2010
    Options
    When the Thunder get a legit big man come holla at me.

To when championships in the NBA, you need a big man that can get at least 15 ppg, and 20+ when he is needed to be the go to.

Word to all of the teams that won the Finals (with an exception of Jordan's Bulls, of course) the last 30 years or so.
  • Mumo X
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Harden, Ibaka, and Jeff Green are not good players on a championship team.

Harden is a 7th man at best, Jeff Green is way undersized and should be coming off the bench on a better team, and Ibaka won't really progress into anything special imo. He will be a big piece of the team for his size, but I don't see anything more than a 12-8 guy.

They're building which is a good thing, but I don't see them being serious contenders for another 3-4 years and that's only with different players to compliment Durant and Westbrook cause the guys they have now,,,,, naw.

Dont u think u are unfairly criticising young player who r still honing their skills and tryn to find they way in the league? All of em are raw talent. Give then time u wil see there best. Damn! They only 21...what they lack is experience and with time theyl get there...