Bilal - Airtight’s Revenge (2010)

Options
TANGLUNG
TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
edited October 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Another slept on banger from Bilal. Deserves a lot more shine than he gets but we know how the game is now. Notice the Malcolm X reference for the album cover.

AirtightsRevenge.jpg

Track listing

"Cake & Eat It Too" - 4:00 (produced by Bilal Oliver and Steve McKie)
"Restart" - 4:54 (produced by Bilal Oliver and Steve McKie)
"All Matter" - 5:21 (produced by Bilal Oliver and Steve McKie)
"Flying" - 4:21 (produced by Bilal Oliver and Nottz)
"Levels" - 5:27 (produced by Shafiq Husayn and Bilal Oliver)
"Little One" - 3:59 (produced by Conley “Tone” Whitfield)
"Move On" - 3:28 (produced by Bilal Oliver and Steve McKie)
"Robots" - 3:17 (produced by Bilal Oliver and Steve McKie)
"The Dollar" - 3:29 (produced by Bilal Oliver and Steve McKie)
"Who Are You" - 6:03 (produced by Bilal Oliver and Steve McKie)
"Think It Over" - 3:49 (produced by 88-Keys)

I’m listening to the album now. Has anyone else heard it yet?

Comments

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The album is RAW. Its different from the other two but if you just listen and vibe out you should love it. I don't think the beats are as neo-soul and mellow as in the past but kind of experimental (in a good way)... Bilal brings a wide array of topics and emotions to the table. I just listen to the lyrics and feel it.

I was disappointed it wasn't in stores.. I still like buying physical albums... but I got my copy off of itunes first day it came out.

I encourage anyone to check this out.. and if they like it go support a real artist. Its been a long time coming for Bilal to release a new project. I'm gonna see him in Seattle next week hopefully.
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm waiting to get my copy in my hand. Ordered it some days ago. I'm all for supporting him. He's been through a lot and this time around he's coming out strong. It's not "Airtight's Revenge" for nothing.

I've heard several songs before, just a few times. Had to do that for the whole album experience, you know what I mean?