Young Chris>>>>>>>>>J.Cole plus Jay an idiot....

Options
jonathand
jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
edited October 2010 in The Face Off Forum
This ? Jay had his official first artist on Roc Nation staring him in the face for years. Yet he signs a less lyrical, less appealing ? who has yet to sell one cd. Chris already went Gold with Young Gunnas and was always the best outta State Property. Neef was like Big Boi to Chris 3000. ? always fast forwarded his verse on any Gunnas track...Plus I can't recall homie getting salty with Jay after he basically ignored everybody but Kanye ? ass. Watch about 7-8 months after Cole flop, the jay disses will come. He already calling his ? Villematic (subliminal at jay)....

Comments

• jonathand
    edited October 2010
    Options

Chris shittin on Cole...easily

? ridiculous...even with wayne horrible ass ? the song up....

sad this ? aint a household name by now...
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *reads sig leaves thread*
  • jonathand
    edited October 2010
    Options

? use to always lyrically spank every ? in SP (Minus Beans on occasions)...
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i agree with this thread.

you already know j coles cd is gonna be full of subliminal disses to jay since he dosnt even ? with his own artist. and thats if his album ever does drop (which i doubt).
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I actually agree with this thread excpet the part about Cole floppin
  • jonathand
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    I actually agree with this thread excpet the part about Cole floppin

You actually think Cole gonna sell? In this day and age? Even after the Jay/em concert, the ? still unknown. A day after the show, ? was on the radio in Philly talking about it. These ? couldn't even remember homie name. Less than a day after participating in the biggest show of the year. That ? going wood...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    You actually think Cole gonna sell? In this day and age? Even after the Jay/em concert, the ? still unknown. A day after the show, ? was on the radio in Philly talking about it. These ? couldn't even remember homie name. Less than a day after participating in the biggest show of the year. That ? going wood...

Cole gon be just fine, he'll have a nice career, but i do agree that Young Chris should have been Jay's first priority
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    so.....you're ? that one of your favorite rappers didn't get the support he should've gotten, and you're taking out on J. Cole....correct?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's a roll of the dice when it comes to J. Cole, because as usual Jay being a glory hog and not giving Cole any promotional ammo..but you're dead wrong about Cole being a less lyrical MC.

And to be honest, even though Chris is dope as ? , he would've been in the same boat as Cole..and everyone knows Jay bit Chris' flow anyway which comes back to what I said..Jay's a glory hog.

But yeah...it probably wouldn't been a bad idea to sign Chris, but due to his R.O.C. Nation contract (which prohibits him to work with any of his former Roc artists, with the exception of Kanye) it's impossible.
  • jonathand
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's a roll of the dice when it comes to J. Cole, because as usual Jay being a glory hog and not giving Cole any promotional ammo..but you're dead wrong about Cole being a less lyrical MC.

And to be honest, even though Chris is dope as ? , he would've been in the same boat as Cole..and everyone knows Jay bit Chris' flow anyway which comes back to what I said..Jay's a glory hog.

But yeah...it probably wouldn't been a bad idea to sign Chris, but due to his R.O.C. Nation contract (which prohibits him to work with any of his former Roc artists, with the exception of Kanye) it's impossible.

I never heard anyone mention this as a contract stipulation. Weird..
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I never heard anyone mention this as a contract stipulation. Weird..

It's true though...that's why everyone sees Jay as the bad guy..
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options

i dont know if i believe that jigga signed a contract to never work with the rocafella except for kanye. thats a little too convenient imo.

the only people on rocafella other than jay that were selling were kanye and dipset. jay obviously donsnt ? with the dips, and everyone else had little to no buzz at all so he probably wouldnt have worked with them if they werent roc.

why would def jam stop jay from working with artists that werent selling, but still let him work with the biggest artist on the label? that dosnt seem right. i think thats just an excuse for jigga to drop the b-team and not get any heat for it.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    i dont know if i believe that jigga signed a contract to never work with the rocafella except for kanye. thats a little too convenient imo.

the only people on rocafella other than jay that were selling were kanye and dipset. jay obviously donsnt ? with the dips, and everyone else had little to no buzz at all so he probably wouldnt have worked with them if they werent roc.

why would def jam stop jay from working with artists that werent selling, but still let him work with the biggest artist on the label? that dosnt seem right. i think thats just an excuse for jigga to drop the b-team and not get any heat for it.

It's true though. Give props to Lyor Cohen for coaching Jay into that contract..that's why peeps are seeing him as a backstabber.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't feel the need to compare Chris and J. Cole, but I'll contribute to the Young Chris appreciation...
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's true though. Give props to Lyor Cohen for coaching Jay into that contract..that's why peeps are seeing him as a backstabber.

lyor cohen probably advised jay to make that a stipulation in his contract or something like "i promise to work with only 1 rocafella artist from here on out" and def jam assumed it would be beans or something. lyor is a genius like that.
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like Chris but the boy aint a star period, if he was meant to blow up he would of by now, the ? been in the game damn near ten years now. You have to look at it like this, can Young Chris fulfill a niche that is missing in hiphop, naw imo. Cole can though, i feel as if he can be the anthesis to Drake and fulfill the Pac/Nas like mc who can make thought provoking raps and yet still be commercial. I don't think Chris is gonna get any bigger than he is, he should find his niche like Freeway has, a rapper like him is not gonna make the impact like he would 10 years ago.
  • usmarin3
    edited October 2010
    Options

Why do you idiots continue to say dumb ? without THINKING? Cole opened up the biggest rap concert a few weeks ago in NY and yet yall say he gets no promotion, you think he got that position because of his skills?

J Cole himself has said he is going through the artist development phase right now and finishing up his album, he isn't gonna be hugged up with Jay like how Drake is with Wayne. Respect the mans path and how he wants to walk it, the man doesn't want to be the next Memphis Bleek and their isn't one formula to having success.
  • jonathand
    edited October 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I like Chris but the boy aint a star period, if he was meant to blow up he would of by now, the ? been in the game damn near ten years now. You have to look at it like this, can Young Chris fulfill a niche that is missing in hiphop, naw imo. Cole can though, i feel as if he can be the anthesis to Drake and fulfill the Pac/Nas like mc who can make thought provoking raps and yet still be commercial. I don't think Chris is gonna get any bigger than he is, he should find his niche like Freeway has, a rapper like him is not gonna make the impact like he would 10 years ago.

What "niche" is Lloyd Banks filling? Yet, his star is steadily rising due to good music and....support!!!! Say what you want about 50, but homie keeps his team on his mind. Look at how news came out of Kanye and 50 "secretly" speaking for months. Then comes Kanye "suddenly" praising Banks. Then comes Banks on a feature with one of the Biggest rappers in the game. Jay-z artist might I add. Chris could have been doing similar things with Jay. He already somewhat established and is surely more appealing than J.Cole (who's still unknown after how long with Roc Nation??). I guess when your "boss" claims to be a man behind a desk, yet wants more camera time than any rapper alive, this is the outcome...
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i bet a j.cole album in 2010 sells more than a young chris album in 2010

i think ? forgot that Young chris and Bleek was the first ? to drop when jay became president of def jam

they had crazy promotion and still flopped

set it off and its like that....

lol
  • usmarin3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What "niche" is Lloyd Banks filling? Yet, his star is steadily rising due to good music and....support!!!! Say what you want about 50, but homie keeps his team on his mind. Look at how news came out of Kanye and 50 "secretly" speaking for months. Then comes Kanye "suddenly" praising Banks. Then comes Banks on a feature with one of the Biggest rappers in the game. Jay-z artist might I add. Chris could have been doing similar things with Jay. He already somewhat established and is surely more appealing than J.Cole (who's still unknown after how long with Roc Nation??). I guess when your "boss" claims to be a man behind a desk, yet wants more camera time than any rapper alive, this is the outcome...

Banks has made hits, what hits has Chris made? A label aint gonna back a ? who isn't bubbling or show they can make them money, those mixtape tracks Chris makes is cool and all but that ? don't mean ? if you can't make your ''beamers, benz, o bentelys'' or "on fire". I doubt Banks will do anything, with his album either, his singles might pop but if 50 can't sell records i doubt banks will, not even a Kanye cosign will help. How is he more appealling than Cole when Cole is selling out and touring big concerts, has two hits on the radio (All i want is you, and Who dat). Like i said, stars are just stars, they will find a way to shine, if Chris can't blow up after 10 years then it's probably not his destiny. You can real stars who are barely selling records (Luda, Fab,etc), what makes you thin someone like Chris would. What has he done since leaving Rocafella/Def Jam to show you he is making noise and on any ones radar?
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cole > Young Chris

and im a big Chris fan.....but yall funny for that one, chris has had more of a chance to make an impact and be honest it really hasnt happened yet

why are you even saying cole wont drop an album? thats nonsense

plus how is jay not marketing cole if he put him on Blueprint 3 (when practically no one knew who he was), had him on his tour, had him open up ay YANKEE STADIUM, and cole has also graced the cover of popular hip hop magazines....? he gonna hold coles hand and guide him through every turn? hell nah and if you ever listened to cole he doesnt want jay to do that ?

At the end of the Warm Up mixtape in the song Last Call said im not even gonna mention the dudes name to big myself up like that (talking about jay)