Ain't No Sunshine live-The Jackson 5 Live at the Forum(1972)

Options
inia
inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
edited October 2010 in R&B & Alternatives

Lil Mike made the song his own. Pure genius at work. Listen to that raw tone. Simply amazing.....The instrumentation is great too. The brothers did their thing.

This album is strongly recommended for all The J5&MJ fans, if you didn't get it.
61-NNgkODJL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Comments

• takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And they say MJ cant sing...smh
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I wonder if my daddy has this...I'll see if he can put it on a cd for me. :)
  • inia
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And they say MJ cant sing...smh
    They're just hating. And some better stop comparing Lil MJ with all these child singers who got some talent but not to his level.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What's amazing is MJJ was great at covering Legendary songs. Though this song was sung very deep by Bill Walters, Michael high pitched vocals glide perfectly over this track. Legend from childhood to Adult, he's the GOAT.
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    inia wrote: »

Lil Mike made the song his own. Pure genius at work. Listen to that raw tone. Simply amazing.....The instrumentation is great too. The brothers did their thing.

This album is strongly recommended for all The J5&MJ fans, if you didn't get it.
    61-NNgkODJL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This is why I cried when he died, the dude was one of a kind.
    There will never be another Michael Jackson.
  • inia
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What's amazing is MJJ was great at covering Legendary songs. Though this song was sung very deep by Bill Walters, Michael high pitched vocals glide perfectly over this track. Legend from childhood to Adult, he's the GOAT.
    Exactly. Many child singers are praised for covering adults' songs by imitating their style and that takes some talent. But when you hear Mike's covers like this and the live versions, you can clearly hear that he turned it into his own rather than rigidly following the originals. That takes a whole another level of talent and guts.