MGM filing for bankruptcy ?

Options
freshb651
freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
recession is real !

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    These studios need to start making better movies instead of blowing millions on big explosions with no plot and dialogue movies(Michael Bay). It seems like the art of making movies is dying, everything is computer magic and green screen now.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So no James bond .... Smh

Bankruptcy doesn't mean you go out of business, it just means you can't pay your creditors and you're asking the government to wipe out all your debts and for a certain amount of time your credit is gonna be ? (7 years i believe). It's gonna be a ? for them to find financing.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the epitome of a bad LBO deal
  • trie
    trie Members Posts: 73
    edited October 2010
    Options
    how? Dont they do the James Bond movies, they must just be blowing money on anything?
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    These studios need to start making better movies instead of blowing millions on big explosions with no plot and dialogue movies(Michael Bay). It seems like the art of making movies is dying, everything is computer magic and green screen now.

yep,lol @ Michael Bay that dude be doing product placement in his movies too,Transformers was like a ? Camaro commercial,I think that's what Bumblebee was
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol @ anyone thinking a world famous multi-billion dollar iconic franchise like James Bond is going away

Because of MGM's problems, Guillermo del Toro won't be directing The Hobbit. Now that's a loss.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    yep,lol @ Michael Bay that dude be doing product placement in his movies too,Transformers was like a ? Camaro commercial,I think that's what Bumblebee was

yeah i can't front. that mofos had product placement written all over it. especially towards the end durin fight in the city. what ? u kno gonna walk around carryin a brand new xbox 360...NOT IN A BAG!!!