Zack Snyder confirmed as director of Superman MOS

Options
Still Cool Beans
Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/zack...ting-superman/

Zod also rumored to be a villian. Not clear as of now whether he is the only villian but given Nolan/Goyer's track record with the BB and TDK there's a good chance he'll be one of a few.

Thoughts?

Comments

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not sayin' ? till I see a trailer. Zack Snyder is a capable director.
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One thing is for sure, if nothing else there will be much more action than SR. That's an added plus in itself. I agree that Snyder is a very capable director and I trust in Nolan. I think this could be a very good pairing. Hope we do get multiple villians and since Zod is rumored maybe a Zod, Brainiac, Lex storyline.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hopefully this>>>>>>sr
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Things they need to do with this flick:

1) Get off Christopher Reeve's ? and let the man rest in peace already.

2) Brainiac or Metallo. Luthor discovers Brainiac or invents Metallo. ? ain't hard.

3) Keep Lois Lane in "dammit, where is Kent" mode and spare us dat forced love subplot ?

4) ACTION ACTION ACTION SUPERMAN PUNCHING ?
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Things they need to do with this flick:

1) Get off Christopher Reeve's ? and let the man rest in peace already.

2) Brainiac or Metallo. Luthor discovers Brainiac or invents Metallo. ? ain't hard.

3) Keep Lois Lane in "dammit, where is Kent" mode and spare us dat forced love subplot ?

4) ACTION ACTION ACTION SUPERMAN PUNCHING ?

Word they need to get off Reeve's ? .
    ? can't be duplicated so stop trying.
    I get the feeling Snyder recognizes this though.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Superman saving planes aint enough action for y'all?
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Superman saving planes aint enough action for y'all?

In a word.......NOPE.

I wanna see Superman punching mofos through buildings, and using his heat vision offensively, as well as his speed. Superman can do more than fly and lift heavy things, so let's see that.

And can we give it a rest with Luthor for once? Superman has other enemies they can build a story around. Metallo, Brainiac, Bizarro, Parasite, even Darkseid. Why not use them?

And I agree they need to stop trying to channel Christopher Reeve. No one's ever gonna fill his shoes, so the best thing to do is try a new take.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One Word...Darkseid....If Their Gonna Make Another Movie About This Boring ? (Supes) They Need A Compelling Villain To Square Off With.....This ? Has Gotta Be One The Hardest ? In Fiction To Write About....Dude Is Practically Invincible With Little To No Personality (Kent Or Ka-El).....Snyder Has His Work Cut Out For Him
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Darkseid would be EPIC, but that reason alone I think he should appear no sooner than the second flick. You put Darkseid in the first joint and everything else is liable to be anti-climatic. That's why I think a Zod and Brainiac storyline with a businessman or even mad scientist Lex would be solid for the first flick. I know ? tired of Lex, and I am too (as the main villain) but LL is as essential to Supes as Joker to Bats...
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This will be a disaster. 300 was alright and Watchmen sucked. What makes this guy good enough to do a Superman film?
  • allied
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Watchmen is the GOAT

FOH the movie won't be remembered in 5 years.
  • Blue Libra
    Blue Libra Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Watchmen is the GOAT

cosign. Watchmen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tdk
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I know ? tired of Lex, and I am too (as the main villain) but LL is as essential to Supes as Joker to Bats...

I see the analogy but batman being human is more vulnerable into getting hurt by joker than superman is to lex. Theres no suspense,its either kryptonite for him wich is boring to watch. And joker has way more personality making him more fun 2 watch whereas lex's character doesnt seem to work in the real world.

Zack directed my favorite horror movie of all time so I might give him a shot depending on wether or not the trailer looks promising. Besides that I thought Nolan was running the show?
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I see the analogy but batman being human is more vulnerable into getting hurt by joker than superman is to lex. Theres no suspense,its either kryptonite for him wich is boring to watch. And joker has way more personality making him more fun 2 watch whereas lex's character doesnt seem to work in the real world.

Zack directed my favorite horror movie of all time so I might give him a shot depending on wether or not the trailer looks promising. Besides that I thought Nolan was running the show?

I disagree... the movie adaptations of Lex have made him lame. The reason Lex has been Superman's arch nemesis for so long is specifically because of his character and the fact that he is formidable. Lex is a formidable foe for Supes based on not brawn but intellect. Like I said, its the horrible movie adaptations that have clouded this. But irregardless of all that, like ol boy said earlier I wanna see Supes punch some ? LOL so I'd rather see businessman Lex working in the background as a secondary villain.
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One Word...Darkseid....If Their Gonna Make Another Movie About This Boring ? (Supes) They Need A Compelling Villain To Square Off With.....This ? Has Gotta Be One The Hardest ? In Fiction To Write About....Dude Is Practically Invincible With Little To No Personality (Kent Or Ka-El).....Snyder Has His Work Cut Out For Him

This... That's why I always thought Superman was overrated as a hero. He isn't very interesting. If Snyder makes this film he will have start with a heavy hitter such as Zod, Darkseid, etc...
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    its almost impossible to make a good superman movie because he's so incredibly boring.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    its almost impossible to make a good superman movie because he's so incredibly boring.

He comes off like that because people keep focusing on the same aspects of the character. Namely, the "Big Blue Boy Scout" aspects.

People need to remember this guy is one the toughest heroes around, if not THE toughest. So, we need to see him kicking some ass.

If you make a live action Superman film that has a few throwdowns of that level in it, people will go see it.
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • allied
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He comes off like that because people keep focusing on the same aspects of the character. Namely, the "Big Blue Boy Scout" aspects.

People need to remember this guy is one the toughest heroes around, if not THE toughest. So, we need to see him kicking some ass.

If you make a live action Superman film that has a few throwdowns of that level in it, people will go see it.

I expect this movie to be completely garbage when it comes to character development and story. But if there are throwdowns like this it will be entertaining.
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yo, watching that clip....If there were real superheroes you would have to have like crazy insurance if you're the owner of a building. They have battes that do more damage than a tornado or hurricane.