underdog_08
underdog_08 Members Posts: 98
edited October 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Eminem:

Records Sold: Over 80 Million Worldwide

Billboard charted songs (without compilation or group): 50

Number of Grammy Awards: 11

Number of #1 Singles Worldwide: 13

Number of #1 Albums: 7 (6 studio albums and 1 compilation album)

Year of Debut Album: 1999

Lil Wayne:

Records Sold: Over 16 Million Worldwide

Billboard charted songs (witout compilation or group): 41

Number of Grammy Awards: 4

Number of #1 Singles Worldwide: 2

Number of #1 Albums: 1

Year of Debut Album: 1999

Now, with the above information, you decide who's the better Emcee!!!!

Comments

• thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    eminem i dont see wayne surpassing him but its hard to tell cause he is actually beginning to make good music instead of random methaphors and similes and random talk thrown together plus he has time to think in prison and strategize
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If Wayne would've met expectations with Carter 3,
    This would be a great debate.

Even Em was hating on the mixtape Weezy.
  • Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Eminem Wayne could have sold 100million records have 80 grammys oscars all that ? and that still doesnt make him a better MC

50 cent sold more copies of the GRODT soundtrack that Canibus probably sold in his entire catalog but that still doesnt make 50 a better emcee than Bis.
  • thedesolateone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hatter wrote: »
    Eminem Wayne could have sold 100million records have 80 grammys oscars all that ? and that still doesnt make him a better MC

50 cent sold more copies of the GRODT soundtrack that Canibus probably sold in his entire catalog but that still doesnt make 50 a better emcee than Bis.

co-sign 50 has sold alot but he makes garbage.eminem is simply light years ahead of lil wayne lyrically.even at eminems weakest hed outdo lil wayne so i dont even agree with eminem when he said he would of had his ass handed to him if he battle lil wayne or kanye
  • WildcatOffense
    WildcatOffense Members Posts: 961
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Eminem is better.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it aint even about records 2 me Eminem is lyrically and betta artist than Wayne
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Eminem because the infinite album > Wayne's career.

However, right now goes to Wayne IMO. Wayne beat him on every song they've been on together (Forever, No Love, Drop the World).... Idk why, but Em seems to think that rapping fast and not saying anything is good for some reason. Dude fell way off. His flow is choppy, his lyrics are nonexistent, and his punchlines aren't even funny anymore.
  • thedesolateone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they arent on the same level eminem is more like a mentor to lil wayne
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

However, right now goes to Wayne IMO. Wayne beat him on every song they've been on together (Forever, No Love, Drop the World).... Idk why, but Em seems to think that rapping fast and not saying anything is good for some reason. Dude fell way off. His flow is choppy, his lyrics are nonexistent, and his punchlines aren't even funny anymore.

co sign the red.
  • thedesolateone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    co sign the red.

yall got a fan-tastic imagination
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Naw Wanye got murdered on both tracks especially on "No Love" ......................."So why the ? would I join them when I beat them/They call me a freak because I like to spit on these ? fore I eat them/Man get these whack ? off stage Where the ? is Kanye when you need him?"
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    Naw Wanye got murdered on both tracks especially on "No Love" ......................."So why the ? would I join them when I beat them/They call me a freak because I like to spit on these ? fore I eat them/Man get these whack ? off stage Where the ? is Kanye when you need him?"

that was hot up until the kanye line. he was reaching hard for a pop culture reference.
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Eminem.

I would like to see a wayne and eminem collab album. That ? would be hot and it would sell through the roof.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »

You got to finish the whole verse. Then after that he said...

Snatch the mic from ‘em, ? I’mma let you finish in a minute
    Yeah the rap is tight
    But I’m tryna spit the greatest verse of all time

... that made the whole bar corny.

Also, Wayne > Em on that song simply because Wayne only had one wack bar, and Em had multiple.

Wayne's wack bar- ? right I’ve got my gun, semi-Cartermatic

Em's wack bars:

So you might want to go back to the lab tonight and um
    Scribble out them rhymes you were going to spit
    And start over from scratch and write new ones
    ... he's just talking

You can still get roasted because Marsh is not mellow... corny

I’m standing on my Monopoly board
    That means I’m on top of my game and it don’t stop
    ... wack

...and a whole bunch of other bars in which he was either just talking like the 1st one I posted, or saying something corny like the last 2.
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Eminem actually flowed over the beat. Wayne was just talking and using punchlines he had already used a million times.
  • money23
    money23 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nothingbutthetruth u dont really know how good the verses that em spitted in that song i would relisten that song unless u got wayne's ? in ur ear
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Even with old Waynes Tha Carter, Lights Out, 500 Degrees. I still think Eminems old stuff is better lyrically than Waynes.