7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im jokin it sound decent though
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    beat is tight, though with the title I was expecting something else. Everything came in nicely, arranged pretty good, again i'm listening on computer speakers so I cant really tell you how it sounds but I dig it.....question tho, what is the point on emphasizing that a beat has no samples? (you know, as someone who primarily samples I may sound bitter) But when I make beats with samples, I dont label them "(samples)" or "(with sample)"....so if you dont mind lecturing me on that scotty, i'd appreciate it.
  • scotty b
    scotty b Members Posts: 216
    edited October 2010
    Options
    some rappers dont like beats with samples, especially rappers w/ some type of even small label deal.. i know a few rappers that just ignore my beats unless they dont need to be cleared..

on a side note 99% of my beats are sampled... but every now and then i throw a non-sampled joint out there... just wish i had a keyboard... instead i still use sampletank w/ the original sounds and use my comp keyboard to play it
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited October 2010
    Options
    scotty b wrote: »
    some rappers dont like beats with samples, especially rappers w/ some type of even small label deal.. i know a few rappers that just ignore my beats unless they dont need to be cleared..

on a side note 99% of my beats are sampled... but every now and then i throw a non-sampled joint out there... just wish i had a keyboard... instead i still use sampletank w/ the original sounds and use my comp keyboard to play it

This is true.

I love digging/sampling but in some cases its not beneficial so I try to do both.

I will post a non-sampled beat in a minute.
  • drematic
    drematic Members Posts: 234
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the debate rages on i see. can you imagine how scarce some of out catalogs would be if we really had to pay for samples. or if the internet didn't liberate so many rare gems. cuz we all know diggin is becoming rare due to the closing of so many record shops. whether or not to sample is like trying to choose between two broads that make you equally happy in a world that says you can't have both. i say walk down there and ? em all!
  • money mob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good Job on the track, Scott by the way.

I would say put less reverb on the hook.
  • drematic
    drematic Members Posts: 234
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sounds like this should be on a movie or a documentary scotty, why do i see credits rollin when i hear this?
  • calico_
    calico_ Members Posts: 133
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The instruments sound a lil generic for me. its kool though The chord progression change up from the verse to the chorus was a good idea. Just think that better instruments might help the mix out a lil.
  • scotty b
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yes i agree... who wants to get me better sounds? im still rocking sampletank sounds from like 4 years ago...
  • money mob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    scotty b wrote: »
    yes i agree... who wants to get me better sounds? im still rocking sampletank sounds from like 4 years ago...

What do you use to make your beats?
  • scotty b
    edited October 2010
    Options
    FL.....................
  • money mob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Man...there are a smorgasbourg of VSTs and VSTIs for FL.

Unlimited sounds man.

Im sure some of the FL cats here can hit you off (no ? ).