"ROCKBAND"

Let me know what need to be changed.

Thanks!

Comments

• drematic
    drematic Members Posts: 234
    edited October 2010
    Options
    your tracks always have a clean mixed sound. it seems like when the drums first kick in, there is a noticeable jump in the compression. i like the muted drums every now and then. i see no difference in the quality of this versus the sampled tracks you've dropped around here. decent as usual.
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited October 2010
    Options
    THANKS, DRE.

Compression is always an issue with me.

I need to study a little bit more on mixing with compression and just mixing in general.

Thanks for the feed...
  • calico_
    calico_ Members Posts: 133
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I agree with Drematic your mixes sound damn near professional!! How do you get your mix to sound so clean? and not bad on the beat either. A lil more change ups here and there and it'll be good to go
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this track is tight too, I really wanna hear someone over your tracks man, an album produced by you with a few good artist or maybe just one I think would be dope...I like the energy of the track the most. I wish I could hear it on some good speakers. joint is official. props
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2010
    Options
    their right about the clear sound
  • money mob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    calico_ wrote: »
    I agree with Drematic your mixes sound damn near professional!! How do you get your mix to sound so clean? and not bad on the beat either. A lil more change ups here and there and it'll be good to go

Thanks Bro!

I just play around with EQing each element and tweak the volume levels so that it sounds like a drumset! LOL Thats what this Oldhead told me when I sat in one of his sessions. I spend a lot of time on my drums. Even if its just a basic boom-bap. Once the drums are perfect, everything else falls into place. Change ups and Compression is what I have trouble with the most. Especially change-ups. I reaaaalllllly wanna take some piano lessons so I can get into reading music because I have thousands of sounds I can throw into a beat but I wanna correctly identify the notes and what works well together.
  • money mob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tonys. wrote: »
    this track is tight too, I really wanna hear someone over your tracks man, an album produced by you with a few good artist or maybe just one I think would be dope...I like the energy of the track the most. I wish I could hear it on some good speakers. joint is official. props

Man, I would love to hear someone on my tracks too! My main goal before the holidays is to get my music to some cats that are in the studio working on their albums now. Im killing myself because Im learning that Im a peeved-perfectionist and that is a curse because Im second guessing myself on what is dope or not. I feel like Dre working on DETOX. Like madd ? is waiting on it but Im just feeling that its not dope enough. LOL

We gotta get you some good speakers STAT! LOL U try Craigslist? Man...most of my studio equipment Im getting will be from Craigslist. Quality Used ? for cheap is just as good as new ? ! LOL
  • money mob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    cosign.

What effects did you put on your kick drum? and did you layer them?

I always layer my snares. Unless its just that dope by itself. I almost never just load it up and use it. I would play with a few knobs to see if it fits the vibe of the track. I go through many snares to layer it with and do something else to it. On this particular track, I used a snare that smacks and layered it with a weaker one and put heavy reverb on it. Seemed to work I guess. Anything to maintain the vibe of the track.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    money mob wrote: »
    Man, I would love to hear someone on my tracks too! My main goal before the holidays is to get my music to some cats that are in the studio working on their albums now. Im killing myself because Im learning that Im a peeved-perfectionist and that is a curse because Im second guessing myself on what is dope or not. I feel like Dre working on DETOX. Like madd ? is waiting on it but Im just feeling that its not dope enough. LOL

We gotta get you some good speakers STAT! LOL U try Craigslist? Man...most of my studio equipment Im getting will be from Craigslist. Quality Used ? for cheap is just as good as new ? ! LOL

trust me I know what you mean, I have some studio monitor headphones, but theyre broken, they ? broke off into my laptop so I been debating whether or not to get new hp's and a a new laptop but i leave for the air force in a month so i decided right now aint a good time, but trust me I will be back with some ? ...but Im the same with my neats, I havent had anyone rap over any of my beats since the last IC mixtape..me and Mag did a track recently, but I never thing my ? is good enough either..
  • money mob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tonys. wrote: »
    trust me I know what you mean, I have some studio monitor headphones, but theyre broken, they ? broke off into my laptop so I been debating whether or not to get new hp's and a a new laptop but i leave for the air force in a month so i decided right now aint a good time, but trust me I will be back with some ? ...but Im the same with my neats, I havent had anyone rap over any of my beats since the last IC mixtape..me and Mag did a track recently, but I never thing my ? is good enough either..

I cant see how some ? that be like...."It takes me about 10 minutes to make a beat", I just chuckle like damn...thats all you care bout? How fast it takes to make it? why not work at it some more to see if you can perfect it? Thats like ? and saying U busted off in a ? in like 5 minutes. LOL U cant do no quality ? in minutes! LOL I been up til around 3am last night working on a beat and had to get up for work at 7am. I started working on it around 8pm getting ready to watch the Jets game. So thats 7 hours on a beat.

....and still aint finished! LOL