Unfinished mellow joint..

Options
calico_
calico_ Members Posts: 133
edited October 2010 in Fresh Produce
Continuing on this unsampled trend here i decided to upload a joint i did a couple months back but never finished. Kinda got stuck but so far i think it sounds pretty dope. Check it out.

http://soundcloud.com/calicobeatz/substance
Let me know whats good!

Comments

• Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ....just throw Bilal on there and it's a wrizz-ap, cuz
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    beat is phat...I like the bass line in this the most, the string arrangements sound well organized and the transition is too dope toward the end...you always composed ? ill...question tho....as far the melody, would you have the artist follow the melody in the strings with their vocals or how would you do it....just wondering.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i see i started a new trend ha haaa
  • calico_
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tonys. wrote: »
    .as far the melody, would you have the artist follow the melody in the strings with their vocals or how would you do it....just wondering.

to be honest i dont know. When i made it i guess i was just trying to be melodic. But when i think about it, it could work but im not sure how well. But my first instinct when i made it was to just use that melody as a backdrop to whatever the artist wants to put over it.
  • calico_
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    this is a masterpiece.

im feelin those drums heavy.

what did u use to make it?

FL8 rewired to Reason for the keys.
    As far as vsts i think i just used philharmonik miroslav for the strings and woodwind sounds
    zebra,predator, and my Micron
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    calico_ wrote: »
    to be honest i dont know. When i made it i guess i was just trying to be melodic. But when i think about it, it could work but im not sure how well. But my first instinct when i made it was to just use that melody as a backdrop to whatever the artist wants to put over it.

yea Im sure you could change the meoldy if you needed. either way ? is tight, just wondering tho..u know how some songwriters place the melody to the lyrics around melodies in the beat...
  • calico_
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yeah i know what u mean. In that good girl joint i got on here the songwriter/singer mimicked the lead melody for the chorus. Made it sound real official. I guess it depends on how singable the melody is.
  • drematic
    drematic Members Posts: 234
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this ? be havin funky ass bass lines, lush aural soundscapes and ? . damn, make a ? wanna explore the r&b game. key game proper!
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Official!

I left a comment on the track! LOL
  • drematic
    drematic Members Posts: 234
    edited October 2010
    Options
    well damn. just realized i've had a soundcloud account for more than a year.

sidenote: it has dawned on me that everybody that's comin' round these parts as of late truly has a signature sound. i commend you all bredren!