Who has a better catalogue, Rick Ross or Lil Wayne?

Options
Mvpbrodie93
Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Dicsuss....

Comments

• Mvpbrodie93
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Deeper then rap>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMiIGYsTzrACgUMNjexcTG48Ck55apdQpVKsJFnjyEMwyDzWQ&t=1&usg=__1KT7AgoqVXS7nfk5vXYZ0yk2FZw=

• WildcatOffense
    WildcatOffense Members Posts: 961
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ross, because I dont think he has too much below average tracks, but Wayne i think has the overall best tracks, damn I dont know?
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You know what, i can't stand either one of them ? but ross got the better catalog
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ross............Deeper than Rap is better than anyhting wayne ever put out in his career.........
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited October 2010
    Options

Wayne is better then Ross but when it comes to catalogue, he doesn't have any albums as good as deeper then rap or Teflon don. Trills was wack and port of miami was OK. Other then c2 most when CDs have been eh...
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if u talkin overall than it's weezy... but if u talkin album then it's RAWSE

Port Of Miami 6.5/10

Trilla 7.2/10

Deeper Than Rap 8/10

Teflon Don 8.5/10
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if u talkin overall than it's weezy... but if u talkin album then it's RAWSE

Well the thread is about albums,
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wayne is better then Ross but when it comes to catalogue, he doesn't have any albums as good as deeper then rap or Teflon don. Trills was wack and port of miami was OK. Other then c2 most when CDs have been eh...

Idk. I never heard a Ross album before because I don't think he has any talent.... I heard a few of Wayne's mixtapes and they were better than average, so if mixtapes are included, I still say give it to Wayne.

Also, out of the songs I have heard from Ross, the beat and the hook are always way better than his rapping, so I can't imagine how bad his album must be. Probably just a bunch of nice beats with nice hooks, and grade school lyrics which to me would be a wack album.

Lyrics make up half the album in my opinion. If you don't have lyrics you can't make a good album.... 3 broad categories I would rate albums on consists of, Lyrics, Content, and Production. Ross already fails on the lyrical side of things, not to mention his content is blah...
  • BabyNiggah
    BabyNiggah Members Posts: 41
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol at DAMITT!!!
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this is like asking "Which is better? ? or dookey??? Discuss..."
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ross has the better album catologue, but if someone could lock Wayne in a studio w/o:

1. Syrup

2. Weed

3. Whatever other drugs he uses

and WITH some of the dope producers he regularly selects, he would blow Ross out of the water.

Wayne as an emcee>>Ross
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ross by far, dude knows how to make songs and put together a album with a central theme, which is something that Wayne severely lacks.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I respect this.....
    Idk. I never heard a Ross album before because I don't think he has any talent.... I heard a few of Wayne's mixtapes and they were better than average, so if mixtapes are included, I still say give it to Wayne.

Also, out of the songs I have heard from Ross, the beat and the hook are always way better than his rapping, so I can't imagine how bad his album must be. Probably just a bunch of nice beats with nice hooks, and grade school lyrics which to me would be a wack album.

Lyrics make up half the album in my opinion. If you don't have lyrics you can't make a good album.... 3 broad categories I would rate albums on consists of, Lyrics, Content, and Production. Ross already fails on the lyrical side of things, not to mention his content is blah...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    damitt wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:and9gctmiigystzracgumnjexctg48ck55apdqpvksjfnjyemwydzwq&t=1&usg=__1kt7agoqvxs7nfk5vxyz0yk2fzw=

lmaoo might thoughts exactly
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ross have the better Catalogue ..
    .... But Carter II is better then all of Rozay's featured filled albums.
  • FyHunnit
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Is mixtapes included?
    If so, Wayne murders Ross viciously .
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if lil wayne put the carter 3 together himself this arguement wouldnt even eb close. but since the carter 3 was a peice of ? this is alot closer then it should be. basically this comes down to Tha Carter 1 & Tha Carter 2 Vs Trilla & Teflon Don. Ima go with Wayne tho cuz the 2 albums i listed r close to being classics while ross albums seem to lose relevance after a few months or a year. very close tho.

and NO mixtapes do not count. mixtapes r filled with covers of other peoples songs, which takes away from the creativeness and originality. this debate is of the albums they releases only
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I gotta go with Wayne because I grew up on that Hot Boys ? and "Bling Bling" is one of my favs.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited October 2010
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    Is mixtapes included?
    If so, Wayne murders Ross viciously .

No we don't count mixtapes, you can't compare them to albums
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if lil wayne put the carter 3 together himself this arguement wouldnt even eb close. but since the carter 3 was a peice of ? this is alot closer then it should be. basically this comes down to Tha Carter 1 & Tha Carter 2 Vs Trilla & Teflon Don. Ima go with Wayne tho cuz the 2 albums i listed r close to being classics while ross albums seem to lose relevance after a few months or a year. very close tho.

and NO mixtapes do not count. mixtapes r filled with covers of other peoples songs, which takes away from the creativeness and originality. this debate is of the albums they releases only

Carter 1 was OK, and c2 is a good but overrated album. C3 is not a ?

I like these songs

tie my hands
    shoot me down(it grew on me)
    mr Carter
    amilie
    dr Carter
    lollipop
    those are good songs, c3 gets too much hate...
  • FyHunnit
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wayne's non-beat-jacked-material is better then Ross' Catalouge .

I can prove .. but haters still would hate