Time to discuss The Difference....

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    all infected are zombies, but not all zombies are infected.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they are def Zombies are slow and dead.

Infected will rush ? on site. IMO i think the infected are more brutal for the fact that they will chase you down and would be hard to manage. when going up aginst them.
  • kakihara
    kakihara Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't necessarily think that the infected are zombies.

Zombies are reanimated corpses that feed off living flesh and the only way to ? them is through the brain. The infected don't have to come back from the dead (which makes them non-zombies) and they also don't seem to have a sensational love for brains like zombies do.

Plus zombies should be slow moving, none of that fast ? .
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I go by this: If the person in question is afflicted by some disease or condition that a human in the real world is not able to survive, yet the person is still alive, then I consider him a zombie. I also take into account physical aspects, i.e. skin condition and gait.

With Quarantine, rabies is something that humans can catch but still survive, so I don't consider them zombies; even though their appearance is the same.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    kakihara wrote: »
    I don't necessarily think that the infected are zombies.

Zombies are reanimated corpses that feed off living flesh and the only way to ? them is through the brain. The infected don't have to come back from the dead (which makes them non-zombies) and they also don't seem to have a sensational love for brains like zombies do.

Plus zombies should be slow moving, none of that fast ? .

Land of the Dead had zombies that ran, and they also retained some of their cognitive thinking skills (the ? guy in particular). I actually liked it; was a refreshing change from the dumb ones that just walk around in a fog all the time.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • kakihara
    kakihara Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Land of the Dead had zombies that ran, and they also retained some of their cognitive thinking skills (the ? guy in particular). I actually liked it; was a refreshing change from the dumb ones that just walk around in a fog all the time.

I think Land of the Dead is a great move actually and I also liked the remade version of Dawn of the Dead, but I still think that zombies should be slow moving and hum drum.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    First off it doesnt make sense to try and make logic of a idea thats fiction to begin with. Corpses dont come back to life so it really doesnt matter if they are fast or slow as long the director knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat like dawn of remake imo. Me personaly I think fast zombies (people really need to get off the imaginary romero slow zombie rule book)makes a zombie flick movie way more intense being it gives a stronger sense of danger rather than a slow zombie you could just walk by(even though shaun & walking dead are classic depictions of zombies).And to be perfectly honest I think romero needs to pass the torch cause land,diary,& survival of were all less than average imo. In Land of the black zombie was dam near human?Even the one human like zombie in the original day of still had his zombie characteristics.

As far as the thread goes it depends what you define a zombie to be. Imo they are dead mindless humans. Now wether they originated from the grave or from a disease doesnt make a difference theyre all zombies to me. If your basing it off romero first flick than I I understand why some would say no to quarantine,28,and so on. It can actually get comfusing if u over analyze the whole zombie phenomenon.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the infected in 28 days are classified as zombies. a zombie is pretty much a person without their mental faculties who simply react with no control of their actions. even in movies where the dead were reanimated, it was do to radiation or some kind of chemical.