Why Did I Get Married Too (2010)

Options

Comments

• 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I LOVED THIS MOVIE!! Tyler Perry needs to leave Madea alone, and just make movies like this. I'll actually pay to see this again.
    I can't even lie, Janet is a good actress.
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited April 2010
    Options
    janet jackson characotr was a cold blooded broad

used malik yoba as a 14 year test study then dump his ass.... in front of everybody..without even talking to him about..then wanting half...while not wanting to share the book money

i was waiting for dude to throw her ass thru a wall
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yo people need to step their movie games up. This movie was wack.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yo people need to step their movie games up. This movie was wack.

got to be fair...wouldn't say it was straight "wack"

But for the people it cater too it good.
    Very entertianing ...if I let go of my logic.....

Movie was good in the 1st half but the 2nd it fell apart.

I spottted to many things that I couldn't let pass...Janet's exteme over acting was one of the major things
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    no lie i just saw part 1 the other day, it was skr8...

i don seen alotta fb statuses say pt 2 made em laugh & cry...so this one could be good too, id never pay to see it tho...
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My moms wanted to see this but didnt want to go alone. i told her id toughen it out and go with her. even though i wasnt that interested. like i said before, i actually considered the first one to be barely tolerable which is an honor in itself for a tyler perry movie to be viewed as such. so i thought it might be on par with that and would have somewaht of a reedeming factor.

Maannnn, was i wrong. i was literally in tears from laughter by the time this movie ended. it wasnt from hysteria, it was more due to how horribly put together the last half of the movie was. it was so melodramatic to the point of it bordering on satire. i mean at least i respected it a little more during the first half because it was honest in its potrayal of what it wanted u to think it was: a generic lifetime comedy filled with cheap, frugal, mundane, "twists" to keep his core female hoodrat audience saying "Oooooh girl you saw that!?" i mean even though its not my style, there's nothing worng with pleasing your core base, and im sure they ate that up. but then the second half debilitated, as if that wasnt already possible, when it tried to potray itself as a pretentious "soap opera". i mean i literally laughed the hardest during the time malik yoba's character got hit by an oncoming vehicle and died out of any other time in the whole movie. coupled by an atrocity coming from left field that plagued another key character and your talking comedy gold. its as if all these subplots were swiftly rushed to a close to neatly wrap up the movie without any regard to the pacing of the overall story. its funny because the parts u were suppose to take serious were actually quite funnier than the parts that were supposed to be intentionally funny. i dont know maybe im just at a disconnect with a majority of moviegoers these days just like i am with a majority of music listeners. but one things for sure in both cases of movies like this one and music now: they have me both yearning for the golden days of when directors and artists would showcase even a minuscule of talent
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    My moms wanted to see this but didnt want to go alone. i told her id toughen it out and go with her. even though i wasnt that interested. like i said before, i actually considered the first one to be barely tolerable which is an honor in itself for a tyler perry movie to be viewed as such. so i thought it might be on par with that and would have somewaht of a reedeming factor.

Maannnn, was i wrong. i was literally in tears from laughter by the time this movie ended. it wasnt from hysteria, it was more due to how horribly put together the last half of the movie was. it was so melodramatic to the point of it bordering on satire. i mean at least i respected it a little more during the first half because it was honest in its potrayal of what it wanted u to think it was: a generic lifetime comedy filled with cheap, frugal, mundane, "twists" to keep his core female hoodrat audience saying "Oooooh girl you saw that!?" i mean even though its not my style, there's nothing worng with pleasing your core base, and im sure they ate that up. but then the second half debilitated, as if that wasnt already possible, when it tried to potray itself as a pretentious "soap opera". i mean i literally laughed the hardest during the time malik yoba's character got hit by an oncoming vehicle and died out of any other time in the whole movie. coupled by an atrocity coming from left field that plagued another key character and your talking comedy gold. its as if all these subplots were swiftly rushed to a close to neatly wrap up the movie without any regard to the pacing of the overall story. its funny because the parts u were suppose to take serious were actually quite funnier than the parts that were supposed to be intentionally funny. i dont know maybe im just at a disconnect with a majority of moviegoers these days just like i am with a majority of music listeners. but one things for sure in both cases of movies like this one and music now: they have me both yearning for the golden days of when directors and artists would showcase even a minuscule of talent

Are you White??
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how do you get to ? 2 people and be rewarded with the rock?
    only a year later.

otherwise it was coolness. i enjoyed it

it was rushed in spots..i wish the storyline of tyler's wife cheating would have been developed a little more

and why would jills ex need her to take him to chemo? he couldnt take a cab? he didnt have any other family? he wasnt exactly on his deathbed...maybe tyler should have used another disease or disorder. idk

Tasha (thats her name right?) seemed a bit extra in this one..more than i remember from part one.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Are you White??

If thats what i have to be called in order to be indenitified as a person who's against tyler perry's coonish ways, then yea i guess ill be a ? for a day.

but also as a former film major that was exposed to all kinds of movies, i have to call out ? when i see it
  • Capricornn
    Capricornn Banned Users Posts: 42
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you saw it, did you like it?

Jill Scott is so pretty. And Janet Jackson played the hell out of that role.
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Shock thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    refuses to give Tyler Perry any of my money!
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I play with my dingaling while wishing upon a star
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man ? that movie and ? all of Tyler Perry films
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hahaha@ Jill Scott is so pretty

? outta here with that ?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    Man ? that movie and ? all of Tyler Perry films

• Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    my girl made me see it with her

storyline was ok but the constant wack jokes ruined it
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Capricornn wrote: »
    If you saw it, did you like it?

Jill Scott is so pretty. And Janet Jackson played the hell out of that role.

lol@jill scott being pretty if she took off the fat suit
  • tangible thoughts
    tangible thoughts Members Posts: 312
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i lmao'd when i went to watch shutter island and there was a huge line waiting for that ? movie... and all of the people waiting on line were obnoxious black people
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm sure there are a bunch of school buses filled with church ladies pulling up to the theaters right now.

"wade in the water.................................."w
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how do you get to ? 2 people and be rewarded with the rock?
    only a year later.

otherwise it was coolness. i enjoyed it

it was rushed in spots..i wish the storyline of tyler's wife cheating would have been developed a little more

and why would jills ex need her to take him to chemo? he couldnt take a cab? he didnt have any other family? he wasnt exactly on his deathbed...maybe tyler should have used another disease or disorder. idk

Tasha (thats her name right?) seemed a bit extra in this one..more than i remember from part one.

I threw up a little at the bolded. Ewww, he is not whats up IMO. He should've got Boris, or Shamar again- if he was going for the lightskin look.

But Tasha was over the top, very much so. To the point where it wasnt as funny. And Jill's whole story line about getting her (sexy) husband the job was straight out of Soul Food cuz Bird did the same thing for Lem.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? sucked...tyler perry should stick to dressin drag.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    refuses to give Tyler Perry any of my money!

Co-sign. Just another Tyler Fairy flick where women that are damaged goods are being spoon fed their delusions..................

On another note, "Our Family Wedding" was good...........................
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tyler Perry is known for his

2m5j61h.jpg

i dont care to see any of that ? he puts out
  • cutthecrapolabuddy
    cutthecrapolabuddy Members Posts: 367
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Took this girl out to see it.she's from the bahamas and is fine as hell. Anyway, its like any of his other movies. Jill scott wearing a wig and janet jackson bleaching her skin. Over the top charcters, predictable plot,overacting,same formula,etc. Overall movie was whack, but janets ? were on point. Speaking of janet, she should stop acting, because she is turrible, same as jill scott and that crazy skinny dark black chick. Btw, anyone remember the name of that book TP read to his kids? It sounds intriguing