Bill O'Reilly Sparks Walk Out On" The View"

Options
edeeesq
edeeesq Members Posts: 511
edited October 2010 in The Social Lounge
Ree Hines writes: Television host, political commentator and professional instigator Bill O'Reilly visited "The View" Thursday morning, but shortly after he joined the regulars on stage, two of the women walked off.

During a heated discussion about Park51, the proposed Muslim community center often referred to as the Ground Zero mosque, O'Reilly stated that "Muslims killed us on 9/11." His argument, which moderator Whoopi Goldberg declared to be "bull----," inspired both Goldberg and co-host Joy Behar to simply get up and leave their own set.

Barbara Walters later commented that while she loves her colleagues, "We should be able to have discussions without washing our hands and screaming and walking off stage."

When given her own opportunity to confront O'Reilly, Walters was able to convince him to apologize for his remarks. Kind-of-sort-of. Ish.

http://theclicker.todayshow.com/_news/2010/10/14/5291131-bill-oreilly-sparks-walkout-on-the-view

Comments

• edeeesq
    edited October 2010
    Options

Don't think I've ever seen them actually walk the hell out on an interview LIVE

LOL @ "listen to me and you'll leeeeeeeeearnnnn"
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol the view is like watching highschool on tv so much drama.
  • edeeesq
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I"m sure Elizabeth was just happy she wasn't involved this time....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    When i get a chance i always watch the hot topics.. Bill Orielly is an arrogant bastard.. it was kinda lame of them to walk back on.. ...Oh he aplogized we are back.. that ? was stupid to come back..
  • edeeesq
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What's stupid is to get so mad that you can't debate your point.

Unless a person attacks me personally, I'm not going to get mad to the point where I can no longer handle the discussion.

They knew bill was an arrogant bastard before they had him on. The best way to handle Bill was the way Rosie O'donnell did...Just hold up a "WRONG" sign

• playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    edeeesq wrote: »
    What's stupid is to get so mad that you can't debate your point.

Unless a person attacks me personally, I'm not going to get mad to the point where I can no longer handle the discussion.

They knew bill was an arrogant bastard before they had him on. The best way to handle Bill was the way Rosie O'donnell did...Just hold up a "WRONG" sign

True but if your act of protest is to walk off.. dont come back.. on some i accepted a lame apology ? .. ..Barbara gets on my damn nerves..
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The best was when Jesse Venture owned that blonde one on the issue of waterboarding.
  • edeeesq
    edited October 2010
    Options
    True but if your act of protest is to walk off.. dont come back.. on some i accepted a lame apology ? .. ..Barbara gets on my damn nerves..

LOL those broads were like "OH ? " this is my job huh?!?!

I agree with you 100%. Not to mention Barbara is thinking $$$ not personal convictions...
  • icame4wo
    icame4wo Members Posts: 1,597 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    9/11 was still a conspiracy by the government? lol This diversion issue they have created won't change that.
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    its funny how Fox has made overt racism acceptable........

Calling it out is "complaining"... remembers the campaign trail of 08
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bill O Reilly is an ? plain and simple, but for Whoppi and Joy to walk out was whack, LOL @ them coming back on near the end.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Props to Barbara Walters being able to hold an intelligent discussion, I hate dumb ? that get emotional and walk away. ? Whoopie
  • edeeesq
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Props to Barbara Walters being able to hold an intelligent discussion, I hate dumb ? that get emotional and walk away. ? Whoopie

I wouldn't quite go that far, because Billie Boy is a ? ....but do your job, and never let the enemy see you lose your cool is the point...

I respect hers and Joy's opinion on the topic but it could've been handled better....

Side Note: Why'd you single out whoopie? Joy got up and walked up first?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    its funny how Fox has made overt racism acceptable........

YOu think Fox did that?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    how teh ? do you walk out OF YOUR OWN SHOW. emotional ass women SMH. kick the guy off the stage and let that be that. next guest.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What was the problem?

Muslims really DID do 9/11.

Those hijackers? Muslim.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What was the problem?

Those hijackers? Muslim.

So, trying to lay blame to the rest of the Muslim community is somehow ok?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited October 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    So, trying to lay blame to the rest of the Muslim community is somehow ok?

Did O'Reilly say "all Muslims did 9/11"?

No, of course not.

He said the truth, which is that Muslims committed 9/11 and that many people are disturbed by the idea of building an Islamic structure next to ground zero.
  • major pain
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Did O'Reilly say "all Muslims did 9/11"?

No, of course not.

He said the truth, which is that Muslims committed 9/11 and that many people are disturbed by the idea of building an Islamic structure next to ground zero.

No, he didnt, he isnt stupid enough to flat out say it, but lets be honest here what does an Islamic place of worship has nothing to do with the hijackers of 9/11? A group of irrational people committed an irrational act. There is a huge difference between the radical form of Islam that they subscribe to and the moderate form that is the majority.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No, he didnt, he isnt stupid enough to flat out say it,
    Now you're convicting him of a thought crime.

"He didn't say it... but he must have thought it!"
    but lets be honest here what does an Islamic place of worship has nothing to do with the hijackers of 9/11?
    The hijackers of 9/11 practiced Islam.
    A group of irrational people committed an irrational act.
    That's how I'd describe religion, yes.
    There is a huge difference between the radical form of Islam that they subscribe to and the moderate form that is the majority.
    Really?

Moderate Islam demands that you accept the dictatorship of a celestial despot and the prophecy of his violent ? herald, Muhammad.

Only difference between moderate and radical Islam is that the radicals take the religion to its logical conclusion. The moderates are peaceful IN SPITE OF the religion.
  • major pain
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Now you're convicting him of a thought crime.

"He didn't say it... but he must have thought it!"

The hijackers of 9/11 practiced Islam.

That's how I'd describe religion, yes.

Really?

Moderate Islam demands that you accept the dictatorship of a celestial despot and the prophecy of his violent ? herald, Muhammad.

Only difference between moderate and radical Islam is that the radicals take the religion to its logical conclusion. The moderates are peaceful IN SPITE OF the religion.

You and Bill are very similar, shock posters/media. He just has a medium to communicate on a broader basis.

I think its a safe assumption to say if the hijackers were Christian, there would be no issue with a church being built near ground zero. This mosque/ground zero business is fear-mongering and Bill is perpetuating it. I'm sure you fellow atheist Bill Maher would agree.
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? bill o'reilly
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think its a safe assumption to say if the hijackers were Christian, there would be no issue with a church being built near ground zero.
    Of course. America is a Christian-dominated country.

If Muslims commit an act of terror in Saudi Arabia and a mosque is later built nearby, the Muslim majority won't see that as a problem either.

If Christians or Jews want to built something in Saudi Arabia, however, the Muslim community will have a problem with it even if it wasn't preceded by violence.

This mosque/ground zero business is fear-mongering
    And 9/11 was intended to invoke fear, as well.
    I'm sure you fellow atheist Bill Maher would agree.
    I don't think Maher has come out as an atheist. In fact, I think he has said he is not one.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What was the problem?

Those hijackers? Muslim.

Lies........
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What those chicks did was stupid, but this is Bill O'reilly. He's done worse. He's cut people's mics when they didn't agree with him. And there was that one guy that he kicked off set and threatened him because he was making arguments Bill didn't like.

And we all know Bill's M.O. for making a strong point is to make it very loudly regardless of how much substance is actually behind it.