What's Worse: VH1's Hip Hop Honors or BET Hip Hop Awards?

Options
RXMasked
RXMasked Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Face Off Forum
The reason I am knocking VH1's Hip Hop Honors:

To me, the first two honors "performances" were cool but after that the whole thing just got worse and worse.

They honored the Rock Steady Crew, Afrikka Bambatta, Kool Herc, DJ Hollywood, and The Graffiti Movement but after that they didn't mess with more of the same or other elements. They mention Wild Style but NEVER went into detail about who was in the movie and the songs on there.

When Def Jam was honored, they mentioned or performed LL Cool J, Beastie Boys, RUN DMC, Eve, Foxy Brown songs. However, they didn't give a shout out, a performance, or a clue to the first female rapper signed to Def Jam named Nikki D. How do you forget the first lady of Def Jam?

When The ? South was honored, they 'supposedly' chose a label or a person for each southern state (georgia, florida, texas, and etc.). Where was North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Oklahoma honoring?

If this is not elitist/business/out of sight, out of mindness type of style then I don't know what is.

The reason I am knocking BET Hip Hop Honors:

The majority (not all) of the live in front of an audience performances has SUCKED.

Not all of the Ciphers have been shown on television (wtf is up that?)

Niki Minaj is the first female solo rap artist to win award (not on a collaboration or in a group).

The only element of Hip Hop that they represented is Rap. They probably will never represent the other elements of Hip Hop.

Why was T-Pain the host of the award show?

All I got to say about BET Hip Hop Awards is that the Cipher is pretty much the show. So should they just do ciphers and have the cipher participants present the nominees and the awards?

P.S. These 'Hip Hop shows' will never ever ever ever ever mention Hip Hop pioneer Rammellzee. For those that don't know who Rammellzee is, look him up and you'll be surprise. I feel ashamed that I don't know much about him but have heard his music (strange isn't it?).

Comments