20th Century Emcees >>>>>>>>>>>>> 21st Century Emcees

Options
rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Face Off Forum
The only thing that BET list confirmed to me is that the previous era was and always will be the Best in Hip Hop History. The 1980's & 1990's will forever be the pillars of this generation. If you got an album in or a callbo out and or produced or wrote a song during that time, great, you made it. Sadly the 21st Century, though some good music has been made, fails in comparsion to the previous era.

Comments

• freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this is true

Why u think Jay,Nas and Eminem the best still
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lmao.....................
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Very True.........
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

? .
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    cosign
    that list BET made disgusts me
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Of course and 100% agree with you. I don't understand why do people still bother to watch BET list and I mean....come on, it's ? BET and what do you expect from them?
  • chillg
    chillg Members Posts: 569
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That the only thing that BET list confirmed to me is that the previous era was and always will be the Best in Hip Hop History. The 1980's & 1990's will forever be the pillars of this generation. If you got an album in or a callbo out and or produced or wrote a song during that time, great, you made it. Sadly the 21st Century, though some good music has been made, fails in comparsion to the previous era.

Totally agree with this
  • jpcrack
    jpcrack Members Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Emcees are a rare breed
    Rappers are plentiful
  • tony_dacrooked
    tony_dacrooked Members Posts: 69
    edited October 2010
    Options
    co-sign 100% 21st cent emcees can't hold a candle on the old school
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The interesting Question is who would win the "Battle of the Century" Hip Hop Cypher? 20th Century or 21st Century? You guys know my answer. Based on the BET List it would be:

20th Century:

Tupac
    Biggie
    NaS
    Jay Z
    Rakim

Vs

21st Century

Eminem
    Lil Wayne
    KanYe
    50 Cent
    Ludacris
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I cant trip on era's. good music is good music.

i download mixtape cd's to workout to.

only difference now is, i cant be influenced no more.

Kanye winning. Nikki winning. Drake.

not fair to compare the 90's and the 80's to the 2000's.

alot of yall are young school. you have your opinions and we have ours. i cant even dispute.

we wont even cross paths unless its a female and i gotta know what she dig so i can relate and then try to ? .

im just keepin it real.
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The interesting Question is who would win the "Battle of the Century" Hip Hop Cypher? 20th Century or 21st Century? You guys know my answer. Based on the BET List it would be:

20th Century:

Tupac
    Biggie
    NaS
    Jay Z
    Rakim

Vs

21st Century

Eminem
    Lil Wayne
    KanYe
    50 Cent
    Ludacris

The 20th century cypher, minus tupac, would be a lyrical masterpiece. The 21 century, would be Eminem and ludacris. If we can get the 50 from the Clue days, it would be crazy. Still a no-contest. Em, Luda and old 50 wouldn't have enough bars to survive the onslaught....
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    BET are a bunch of house ? for makin Fem n1
  • gee757
    edited October 2010
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    BET are a bunch of house ? for makin Fem n1

yep feminem is really a 20th century rapper but da rednecKKKz @ da top had 2 make da klansmen #1!
  • P-Dogg77
    edited October 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    da krazy thang is feminem is really a 20th century rapper but da rednecKKKz @ da top had 2 make da klansmen #1!

They will even change the time as long as it makes their ? n.1 . Smh at this ? , house ? is everywhere.
  • gee757
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They will even change the time as long as it makes their ? n.1 . Smh at this ? , house ? is everywhere.

that ? is a big SLAP 2 da blk communityz face like them rednecKKKz is tellin us we run ya ? smh lol
  • P-Dogg77
    edited October 2010
    Options
    that ? is a big SLAP 2 da blk communityz face like them rednecKKKz is tellin us we run ya ? smh lol

lol real talk it feels like this ? is run by some white devils . I even heard they sold BET to a white man , if thats tru den no wonder Fem is n1.
  • gee757
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol real talk it feels like this ? is run by some white devils . I even heard they sold BET to a white man , if thats tru den no wonder Fem is n1.

it is tru..thatz y da klansmen is #1 cuz them rednecKKKz @ da top @ bet is tryna show us they run our ? now! thatz y they made feminem a 21st century rapper since he wasnt on da list fa da 20th
  • P-Dogg77
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it is tru..thatz y da klansmen is #1 cuz them rednecKKKz @ da top @ bet is tryna show us they run our ? now!

Aw hell naw..i knew there was some shady ? behind all that. Man thats a shame , they tryna push their white rappers on us now.
  • gee757
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Can you be a black man who is proud to be black but think Eminem is the best Artist of the 21st Century based on his talent and based on making classics like THe Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP & The Eminem Show
  • gee757
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Can you be a black man who is proud to be black but think Eminem is the best Artist of the 21st Century based on his talent and based on making classics like THe Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP & The Eminem Show

NOOOOOOOOOO lol...& fa da record feminem is a 20th century rapper not a 21st...
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Man do I miss Early 90's Hip-Hop