Cleanse & detox......

Options
Conscious__Nkechi
Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Weight Room
I am doing a cleanse, yet again, to rid my body of all of the toxins that are easily put into our bodies on the daily ie. Food, stress etc.

I am doing a "Master Cleanse" which is nothing more than water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and maple syrup.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Does anyone know of other cleanses that are effective and fast acting?

Discuss different methods and share any tips you may have.

Comments

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    http://www.dherbs.com/store/full-body-detox-p-1.html

ive done that. full body herbal detox. 20 days of eating nothing but veggies and fruits..while im ? stuff that was stuck to my colon. felt great afterwards

the link is to an herbal guy whos been all over the news...his detox is what i used. 6 different types of pills and you take 5 each every 2-3 hours. cleans blood, lungs, colon, etc
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Props....

Slept on thread, smh.

We gotta do better people.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    http://www.dherbs.com/store/full-body-detox-p-1.html

ive done that. full body herbal detox. 20 days of eating nothing but veggies and fruits..while im ? stuff that was stuck to my colon. felt great afterwards

the link is to an herbal guy whos been all over the news...his detox is what i used. 6 different types of pills and you take 5 each every 2-3 hours. cleans blood, lungs, colon, etc

im gonna try that, can you breakdown what your diet was like during the 20 days?
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Is there something I can try at home on my own. I don't know if I want to drop 120 on this product.
  • JudahIsraelite
    JudahIsraelite Members Posts: 60
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ive been finding my body is rejecting alot of these tainted foods now. As soon as i eat something with mayo,processed sauces,syrups,meat its running right through me. Im going to take meat completely out of my diet except for maybe 2 meals a month and that would be fish/lamb. Ill still eat boiled eggs but my body is telling me that i have to go natural. Fruits,veggies,beans,pastas,grains,oats.
  • King Erauno
    edited December 2010
    Options
    im gonna try that, can you breakdown what your diet was like during the 20 days?

they tell u only steamed/raw fruits and veggies man (nothing cooked)..but its tough as hell. i felt like i was starving man..so i suggest try it for a week at a time. i had never been a big meat eater, even since i was little so i didnt get sick or anything like some people..esp getting rid of all the toxins in ones body.

so my diet consisted of..smoothies (fruit)..oatmeal..salads..alot of water..alot of fruit juices
  • King Erauno
    edited December 2010
    Options
    TANGLUNG wrote: »
    Is there something I can try at home on my own. I don't know if I want to drop 120 on this product.

u probably need a colon cleanser of some sort. its worth the 120 though...esp if u have some type of illness or disease...this ? has "cleansed" alot of people from diseases n ? ...hard to believe some of these stories though
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    they tell u only steamed/raw fruits and veggies man (nothing cooked)..but its tough as hell. i felt like i was starving man..so i suggest try it for a week at a time. i had never been a big meat eater, even since i was little so i didnt get sick or anything like some people..esp getting rid of all the toxins in ones body.

so my diet consisted of..smoothies (fruit)..oatmeal..salads..alot of water..alot of fruit juices

im not a big fan of this ? mainly because of the food combining chart, it wouldnt be as hard but i got to keep going to the chart to make sure i can mix certain foods, like for brreakfast i can do a couple bananas but i cant even eat an apple or orange with it? and then you said you eat oatmeal but your not even supposed to eat that, beans is another one unless there sprouted beans but i dont even care too much im sacrificing meats and cereal and everything else i eat for 20 days those are two foods that are healthy that will help me get through, another ? is im not awake for 12 hours everyday im not able to get all the pills in, this ? is rough i got the discipline to do it but on top of the food combining chart its expensive eating this way, ill go shopping one more time and finish off what i got but if it dont last me 20 days then i did the best i could, and where did you get your smoothies from, can they have sugar in them?
  • King Erauno
    edited December 2010
    Options
    im not a big fan of this ? mainly because of the food combining chart, it wouldnt be as hard but i got to keep going to the chart to make sure i can mix certain foods, like for brreakfast i can do a couple bananas but i cant even eat an apple or orange with it? and then you said you eat oatmeal but your not even supposed to eat that, beans is another one unless there sprouted beans but i dont even care too much im sacrificing meats and cereal and everything else i eat for 20 days those are two foods that are healthy that will help me get through, another ? is im not awake for 12 hours everyday im not able to get all the pills in, this ? is rough i got the discipline to do it but on top of the food combining chart its expensive eating this way, ill go shopping one more time and finish off what i got but if it dont last me 20 days then i did the best i could, and where did you get your smoothies from, can they have sugar in them?

well with the pills they tell u when to take them. it goes 7am, 9am, 12pm, 2pm, 5pm, 7pm. each time take a certin type of pill (x5). it sounds crazy but its not that bad. ur not supposed to eat any cooked food, the most would be steamed veggies...but man its tough as hell, i felt hungry all the time so i had oatmeal one morning. I dont think sugar in the smoothies is a big deal, i made some at home, picked up some naked smoothies at the store..and hit up mcdonalds for their smoothies too.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I am doing a cleanse, yet again, to rid my body of all of the toxins that are easily put into our bodies on the daily ie. Food, stress etc.

I am doing the "Master Cleanse."

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Does anyone know of other cleanses that are effective and fast acting?

Discuss different methods and share any tips you may have.

hmm, interesting.. : ) : )You would be a lot healthier and happier if you skip the whole detox/colon cleansing thing, and simply ate a healthy balanced diet. You are not a walking bag of toxins, despite what the makers of those things would like you to believe. Your colon is a self cleaning set up to start with, providing you eat properly. You don't have pockets of stuff hanging out in there, unless you had diverticulitis- in which case diarrhea is the last thing you'd need. And diarrhea isn't anybody's friend. Colon cleansers are nothing except high priced laxatives, and the only thing that gets clean is your bank account. You have some of the most efficient filters known already built in as well, you call them your kidneys and liver. They remove the majority of "toxins" from you all the time. Nothing you eat or drink is going to leach things like heavy metals out of your body either. That process, called chelation, is a nasty procedure that requires some pretty noxious chemicals that have to be given to you intravenously, in the hospital, and under the eye of doctors with specialized training. You also don't have to eat an all organic diet either, although you can if you like- there's no evidence that it is any healthier for you than regular food. What counts most is the freshness of the produce, and how well balanced your diet is overall. Do your body a favor and skip the whole cleansing/detox regimen. Spend your money buying fresh food from the farmer's market, and generally eating an overall well balanced diet, higher in whole grains and veggies, light on the red meat and fat. That will do a lot more to keep you healthy than a strange concoction meant to give you diarrhea.
  • MeTaL
    edited December 2010
    Options
    For example, try this diet here

Eating, 3-4 meals a day.
    Good proteins (Chicken, Turkey, lean pork/beef, lots of eggs ) 1.5g/kg of BW( Black Milk)
    Good veggies (especially string beans, broccoli and spinach)
    1-1.5 servings of fruit a day (typically oranges/apples)
    Low carbs (whole grains), eating them PWO as much as possible.
    Drinking only water and whey protien
    No HFCS, few simple sugars, etc..
  • King Erauno
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »

Eating, 3-4 meals a day.
    Good proteins (Chicken, Turkey, lean pork/beef, lots of eggs ) 1.5g/kg of BW( Black Milk)

whats black milk?
  • MeTaL
    edited December 2010
    Options
    whats black milk?

Black milk is black is a mixture of black tea sugar and milk
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

This is what I did for about a week, just fruits and veggies alone. I mean not even a bit of dressing or dip for the veggies. I would have a salad with lemon and a tiny bit of olive oil drizzled over it. It was great and I will definitely be doing this again. 20 days does seem like a long time so for now I will do 10.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »

Eating, 3-4 meals a day.

I'm doing this now and will be for at least another 2-3 weeks.

What does PWO mean and what are HFCS?