Takeover vs ? in You: which had more impact?

Options
Mumo X
Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Music is subjective and each one of us is entitled to their own opinion.

By general consensus:
  1. Bridge is over
  2. No Vaseline
  3. Hit'em up
  4. Ether

are viewed as the GOAT Diss tracks by many in the Hiphop community.

IMO I believe after those 4, its either Takeover or ? in you.

Which diss track had the most impact between these two??

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Takeover... it birthed ETHER
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Takeover...he killed Queensbridge with it...lol. Seriously, the Common track is one of my favorites. I like it better than the other tracks you have listed except for No Vaseline, but Takeover helped Nas get back on his ? when he was fading in some people's eyes & it was part of a good battle. The ? In You was a response to some bs Cube had in his head. Damn shame Common did Cube like that though.
  • Mumo X
    edited October 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Takeover... it birthed ETHER

LOL! Cosign but Cube's music wuz never the same after Common dropped ? in you. Cube lost that battle
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    against all odds
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have to roll with Takeover. People though Nas's career was over until he murdered Jay with Ether. Everyone didn't even hear b*tch in you when it dropped. Takeover was everywhere and it was more witty. Prodigy was really a joke after Takeover dropped
  • Mumo X
    edited December 2011
    Options
    gman82 wrote: »
    I have to roll with Takeover. People though Nas's career was over until he murdered Jay with Ether. Everyone didn't even hear b*tch in you when it dropped. Takeover was everywhere and it was more witty. Prodigy was really a joke after Takeover dropped

LOL @ P being a Joke. I cosign all u jus said family but Oshea Jackson career ever since Common dropped "? in Yoo". Cube never crafted a Classic since while Common has 1 Classic & near - classic album i think plus he has better musically than Cube.