The Office Appreciation Thread

Options
TrueGodHS
TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I see threads about a lot of TV shows, but not a lot about one of my top 3 shows of all time: The Office.

I will try and drop some vids here. Any fans of the show, post some too.

Comments

• TrueGodHS
    edited October 2010
    Options

Some vids and random ? ... cant find too much on youtube
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Great Show, but the last season and the few episodes this season have been very very sub-par. When Parks and Recreation is funnier than u on a nightly basis, Houston we have a problem. The departure of Steve Carell might just be the jolt the show needs.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2010
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Great Show, but the last season and the few episodes this season have been very very sub-par. When Parks and Recreation is funnier than u on a nightly basis, Houston we have a problem. The departure of Steve Carell might just be the jolt the show needs.

Muthafuckas must be off for real... I just bought and watched Season 6 on DVD and me and my girl have been in tears dying at that ? . I havent watched Season 7 and wont until the DVD comes out(? is funnier that way plus I hate watching TV regularly... long story).

I cant see how people hate on The Office at all. this ? has been hilarious the whole time, save a couple of episodes on Season 5(Idris Elba ? up them episodes).

I watched some of the U.K. Office, I think Gervais is so unfunny man for real.

Steve Carell leaving The Office is going to make that ? dead to me. That ? is the best part of The Office.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Also I've watched Parks and Recreation and I think its kind of funny, but damn sure nowhere near as funny than The Office
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    one of the funniest shows on tv... im lookn for the clip where andy said hes gona get a chainsaw n put it on phillis head
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I love The Office..hands down the funniest show on TV right now...This show always has me laughing..the show from a couple of weeks ago..when Andy did the Sweeney Todd play was hilarous.

So many stupid characters...Creed always has something crazy to say.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Maybe people's humor are different. I think Andy and Dwight are funny as ? , I think Jim and Stanley are funny as hell, but Michael Scott is my ? all day...
  • Beast_Side
    Beast_Side Members Posts: 779
    edited October 2010
    Options
    "Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galatica"
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Only ever seen the UK version (which is great) so I can't really make any comment on the US version

On another note America have now taken another UK TV programme and decided to remake it. That show being Shameless and I really don't see how that is going to work but hey, they might just surprise me
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Only ever seen the UK version (which is great) so I can't really make any comment on the US version

On another note America have now taken another UK TV programme and decided to remake it. That show being Shameless and I really don't see how that is going to work but hey, they might just surprise me

I got to say, I have watched some of the UK Office, and that ? is not even funny at all.
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The Office is the ? . And those little moments that we get with Creed are Hilarious.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sorry to take this thread in another direction, but i love the show because its not always about the funny moments.

there are alot of caring/touching moments that are unforgettable also.

Like the episode when they got robbed and they auctioned off stuff (it squeaks when you bang it. thats what she said.)

but during that episode, Phyllis auctioned off hugs and Michael was all like, nobody wants hugs from you. but the bidding reached to about 1,000 bucks.

I can mention other moments but i want to get to my main point:

the whole Jim and Pam thing is so beautiful. they were good friends. they played together at work. they had secret crushes with each other. it was always awkward for Jim when Roy showed up or when he was in the same scene with them. then they kissed. and jim had to leave. then he had to come back. and pam had broken up with roy. but jim was with karen. and karen and pam started competing but were friendly co-workers. then during beach games pam said that she missed their friendship. and then karen said that she cant be at scranton with them. then jim seen that it was over. and he read pam's note during his interview with david. all the while, pam didnt know if jim got the job or not and right in the middle of her interview, jim walked in and asked her to dinner.

yada yada yada, they got a kid and 3 more seasons out of it.

i love the show too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjkJEioPVqA&feature=related
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why does Micheal hate Toby so much?? lol
  • illogics
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    Sorry to take this thread in another direction, but i love the show because its not always about the funny moments.

there are alot of caring/touching moments that are unforgettable also.

I feel you. I'll do you one better. There are also alot of hidden meanings/messages disguised as jokes and such that you get from The Office as well. One of the best displays I seen of this is probably the episode "Company Picnic". Some people are surprised when I tell them I like the Office but the show has more depth than you would think just off Face Value.
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Why does Micheal hate Toby so much?? lol

toby sucks. he's dry. he's lame. and he works directly for corperate. but he is funny!

i read that he is one of the writers like kelly and ryan and thats why they dont get much screen time.
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited October 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    I feel you. I'll do you one better. There are also alot of hidden meanings/messages disguised as jokes and such that you get from The Office as well. One of the best displays I seen of this is probably the episode "Company Picnic". Some people are surprised when I tell them I like the Office but the show has more depth than you would think just off Face Value.

Word............ company picnic was wrong because michael and holly told that branch that they were getting closed. but it was cool because mike and holly got to re-unite.

i think she might come back. i hope so. she was his match. maybe he leaves the office to live with her.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    appreciate the show
  • illogics
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »

i think she might come back..

Yeah Mindy Kaling hinted at her coming back in a big way. But yea Company Picnic, almost every exchange between Holly and Michael had deeper undertones to it. It was good writting.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited October 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    Yeah Mindy Kaling hinted at her coming back in a big way. But yea Company Picnic, almost every exchange between Holly and Michael had deeper undertones to it. It was good writting.

She's coming back in December
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited October 2010
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    She's coming back in December

imager.php?id=1172128
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i cant even begin to explain the love i have for the office.
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i cant even begin to explain the love i have for the office.

Please try. I have no problem talking about my favorite show ever.

imager.php?id=33242

DE-CAPPA-HIS-TATED!!!