Juan Williams has been fired from NPR

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Social Lounge
Last week, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly said on ABC’s The View that “Muslims killed us on 9/11,” prompting The View co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar to walk off the set in disgust. “If anybody felt that I meant all Muslims, then I apologize,” he said later in the program.

But now, O’Reilly, with handy assistance from his colleagues at Fox News, is defending his original claim. “There’s no question there is a Muslim problem in the world,” he said last night on his show. “The Muslim threat to the world is not isolated. It’s huge!” he said, adding, “It involves nations and millions of people.” O’Reilly asked Fox News’ “liberal” Juan Williams if he’s wrong. Surprisingly, Williams joined with the other Fox Newsers in circling the wagons around O’Reilly, citing “political correctness” and seemingly because Muslims scare him:

WILLIAMS: Well, actually, I hate to say this to you because I don’t want to get your ego going. But I think you’re right. I think, look, political correctness can lead to some kind of paralysis where you don’t address reality.

I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.

YEAH SO FOX LOVES THIS ? NEEGRA AND HE LOVES TO GET PROPS FROM THESE RACIST MUHFUCKAS BY EITHER CO-SIGNING THEM OUTRIGHT OR PLAYING THE COLMES ROLE AND LOSING LIKE THE GENERALS AGAINST THE GLOBETROTTERS

(for example, the last time he GUEST-HOSTED THE O'REILLY FACTOR, he led the charge ? about how Obama stopped Rush Limbaugh from buying the St. Louis Rams, awwww poor Rush)

(oh and Andrew Breitbart is very very upset about this)

Comments

• untouchable1
    untouchable1 Members Posts: 69
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good ? ' riddance! This dude was Fox token black man, if there ever was one. I would also laugh at how they would always try to pump his affiliation with NPR as to make him seem more objective.

NPR's website and FB page is already getting bombarded with right-wingers bashing the ? outta this decision, because this shows the liberal bias, political correctness, blah blaah blaah that NPR has.

All this means, is that FOX will give this dude a show..or a segment.
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    s-JUAN-WILLIAMS-large.jpg

ORIGINAL POST: NPR announced late on Wednesday night that it has terminated the contract of longtime analyst Juan Williams over his comments on Fox News that, when he is on a plane with Muslims, "I get nervous."

Williams' comments came during a discussion with Bill O'Reilly on Monday's "O'Reilly Factor." O'Reilly asked Williams if he had been in the wrong during his now-infamous appearance on "The View" last week. (There, O'Reilly's statement that "Muslims killed us on 9/11" caused Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg to walk off the set in anger.)

Williams replied that he thought O'Reilly had, in fact, been right. He continued:

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/21/juan-williams-fired-npr_n_770901.html
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130712737

^better link

Basically, Williams was fired for thinking the same thing that every black person has been thinking since 9/11, according to every single comedian on Comic View.

Think about it. How many jokes have you heard now where the black guy goes "OH LAWDY, I'm glad these Moozlims came around, because now the heat is off us! And I be scared of them A-rab ? too, HAHAHA!"
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    THEY FIRED HIM? wow thats ? ...

The FAA and TSA operate under that assumption EVERYDAY.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? i think the samething
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130712737

^better link

Basically, Williams was fired for thinking the same thing that every black person has been thinking since 9/11, according to every single comedian on Comic View.

Think about it. How many jokes have you heard now where the black guy goes "OH LAWDY, I'm glad these Moozlims came around, because now the heat is off us! And I be scared of them A-rab ? too, HAHAHA!"

Ive never heard that infact Chris Rock said the opposite on how blacks arent worried about Al Quida their worried Al Cracka. Al Quida hates whites, alot of blacks are Muslims so what the ? r u talkin about...
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ive never heard that infact Chris Rock said the opposite on how blacks arent worried about Al Quida their worried Al Cracka. Al Quida hates whites, alot of blacks are Muslims so what the ? r u talkin about...

be real, my ?

blacks stay celebrating the heat on A-rabs

Chris Rock is not the average comedian. You ever see Rock on Comic View? No.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think that's a ? ass move to fire him for that. I mean, Bill O Reilly say the same ? but that ? dont get no flak from Fox News for real. It's mostly about dollars here I see or other reasons.........
  • Conscious212
    Conscious212 Members Posts: 813 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im surprised they fired him for that
  • Gural
    Gural Members Posts: 96
    edited October 2010
    Options

Al Qaeda doesn't hate whites, a lot of whites are muslim so what the ? ARE YOU talkin about???
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I laugh more at the fact that this uncle Tom ? just got an awakening....no matter how white you think, act, and do....you're still a ? ! To sit across from a man who said the exact same thing you did, and YOU turn around and get fired for it is the biggest "Back to ******dom" I've ever witnessed!

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    be real, my ?

blacks stay celebrating the heat on A-rabs

Chris Rock is not the average comedian. You ever see Rock on Comic View? No.

Not really. Chris Rock does a lot of pandering to white people and in this instance he missed the mark trying to cater to their fears.

Most Blacks don't share that sentiment because of the fact most indigenous Muslims come from the black community. Most blacks have Muslims in their family and in their neighborhood. Besides, Muslims have figured very prominently in the Black Community since the 60's. They do not have the same hang-ups that whites do.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Chris Rock does a lot of pandering to white people
    like hell
    indigenous Muslims
    Islam is indigenous to Arabia.
    Most blacks have Muslims in their family and in their neighborhood.
    source? Blacks stay being in the Baptist-ass South.
    Muslims have figured very prominently in the Black Community since the 60's.

If by prominently you mean most blacks have always distrusted or ignored them, sure.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good for his ass for saying that. From jump street, Juan has always bbeen a house ****** for Fox, and a lap dog to Bill O. I hope he gets his own show and just airs out the entire Faux News staff.
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    Options
    like hell

Well you would know.
    Islam is indigenous to Arabia.

The principles can manifest anywhere.

This is part true, somewhat, considering Black people were the original inhabitants of that Peninsula and it was considered part of what is now called Africa. The system of prayer, fasting, charity, pilgrimage, belief in Monotheism. This did not start with Muhammad in Arabia. Black people are naturally that way if left alone. I can go to the remotest part of Africa and you will find people who dont claim any of the Abrahamic traditions and are fasting, prayerful and charitable. They will give you all the food off their plate and let you sleep in their bed, while they sleep on the floor. I have experienced this.

source? Blacks stay being in the Baptist-ass South.

Me. I am the source. I had family that were Muslim and I grew up going to the Baptist Church. Your confusing White Christians, White Jews, and White Muslims over yonder. Black Christians, Muslims, and Hebrews in America have been able to settle their differences amicably, mainly because you all are not involved. Once you all get a hold of something(ie music, religion, environment, people etc) you ? it up.

If by prominently you mean most blacks have always distrusted or ignored them, sure.

Ha Ha. Wishful thinking. I know you like to cause division among black people because that is what your people do. Neurotic paternalism aside, I can go to most black people and they would tell you they have respect for Muslims. I can go to some Churches and you will see murals on their walls of Famous Christians and Muslims. And then there was that Million Man March thing that was attended by 85% baptist. But you know...

But that is irrelevant because Black people don't trust your people. You should hear what they say of you in private. it's not as bad as what you all say, but it is pretty bad. Truth be told, a lot of people around this Earth don't like you all, they just tolerate you for now. You all are gonna have to change your arrogant ways really soon because it is going to get hot for you in a few days.............
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not according to White & Arab, Iraqi-Insurgents who've spent the past 5 years telling U.S. nigg-soldiers over there to, "Go Home, Black man! It's not your War!"

nice try, though...lol...at deceit-mongering!

This is true. I have had peeps tell me that they were told that during their campaign. My Uncle told me that the Vietnamese used to say the same thing to the black soldiers. he said they used to try to reason with the Black POW's.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He got fired from a respectable media outlet for making bigoted comments. Of course FOX was eager to give him a contract.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The hiring of Juan Williams after these ridiculous remarks says a lot about Fox as a company and what kind of audience they’re trying to pander to, as well as the people who run that organization, media conglomerate, whoever.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    "...Less than 24 hours after NPR fired Juan Williams over comments about Muslims he made earlier in the week on Fox News, the cable channel announced on Thursday that it has signed Williams to a fat new contract...Williams, who has served as a regular contributor on Fox News since 1997, got a new multi-year deal from the cable channel...a source close to the network said Williams is getting a pay hike that will net him close to $2 million a year over three years. (The Los Angeles Times was the first to report Williams' new deal.)

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39786375/ns/today-entertainment/

Give your psychoanalysis on if it was Symbolisms-of-Satan at work here, within Rupert Murdoch, to strategically-reward Juan William's treason with an annual salary of $666,666.666 ?? ??

lol... one of your better conspiracy posts. the 666 salary had me laughing

but yea I was smh when I saw how this played out... PBS fires him.... FOX gives him a $2 million deal....
  • Gural
    Gural Members Posts: 96
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It says he's "making $2 million a year over three years." which means his salary is $2 million a year...
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited October 2010
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Say what mister View-master bloviating fool. --- Y don't U just-Get-up & walk the ? away from that computer screen you hide behind and get your little emotional pandering self together.

having brain seizures again?
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ~
    Williams is getting a pay hike that will net him close to $2 million a year over three years.[/b] (The Los Angeles Times was the first to report Williams' new deal.)[/i]

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39786375/ns/today-entertainment/

Give your psychoanalysis on if it was Symbolisms-of-Satan at work here, within Rupert Murdoch, to strategically-reward Juan William's treason with an annual salary of $666,666.666 ?? ??

Actually it says 2 million a year over three years. So don't get your 666 panties in a bunch.

But then again your the dude that 2+2 =74, so go figure....................
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ha Ha.

Juan got paid. And if you think he was something before, wait now that he can unleash without having to self censor and an ax to grind.

They are gonna unleash him on black people and white liberals. It's about to get real scurry up in her...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    isnt he gonna get like 3 mill a year now from fox?....? i wish i would get fired and than offered a deal like that
  • And Step
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Of course it was intentional and not a slip up.

Juan Williams is no ? . He knew there would be backlash. You think him and Billy boy didn't discuss this?