Hip Hop and the Grammies...........(Who has the least, Who has the Most)

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Really tho.... Lady Gaga, Brittany Spears, Katty Perry and Madonna...... Why are they being discussed in depth here.... Thats not cool. All these tight jeans wearing hip pop fruit cakes have yall confused. ? disgusting.

+17........
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? at Rihanna though.... I remember when I used to think this bish was uhly.....

Chris Brown Lauce...
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    MurillaNinjaScrilla Members Posts: 564
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Really tho.... Lady Gaga, Brittany Spears, Katty Perry and Madonna...... Why are they being discussed in depth here.... Thats not cool. All these tight jeans wearing hip pop fruit cakes have yall confused. ? disgusting.

I'll kick the ? out of anyone in this jawn and I love Lady G and Madonna.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's kind of ironic how a country song about a ? call is the record of the year, and i bet you if that was hiphop people would be protesting.
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Imma go ham!!!
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

LOL, it's just a thread about the grammy's it's not that serious. All of these artist are apart of pop culture but someone did derail the thread. With that said, Madonna did have an album produced by KanYe and Pharrell if that helps, lol. Gaga is was discovered and given a deal by Akon, lol.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    It's kind of ironic how a country song about a ? call is the record of the year, and i bet you if that was hiphop people would be protesting.

Cause the song is generic as hell with no swear words.....
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What was up with Usher? ? was kind of creepy.

dxh1fc.jpg
  • usmarin3
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I read somewhere Gaga gettin a lot of criticism for her new single, and how its sounds like Madonna's Express Yourself........

Didn't you hear her song and watch her performance tonight, song is a blatant jack and her performance was a jack of Madonna's "blonde ambition tour". Why do you think Lady Gaga said Whitney Houston was in mind when she wrote the song, it was to deflect from the Madonna comparison criticism.
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    edited February 2011
    Options
    LOL, it's just a thread about the grammy's it's not that serious. All of these artist are apart of pop culture but someone did derail the thread. With that said, Madonna did have an album produced by KanYe and Pharrell if that helps, lol. Gaga is was discovered and given a deal by Akon, lol.

Gaga can spit too.
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Didn't you hear her song and watch her performance tonight, song is a blatant jack and her performance was a jack of Madonna's "blonde ambition tour". Why do you think Lady Gaga said Whitney Houston was in mind when she wrote the song, it was to deflect from the Madonna comparison criticism.

Damn dude you know all about Madonna's tours and ? and I'm the ? ?
  • usmarin3
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Damn dude you know all about Madonna's tours and ? and I'm the ? ?

I follow music, just all things in general, reggae, indie rock,etc. Ask me and i'll probably know about it!
  • rapmastermind
    edited February 2011
    Options

This is the last thing I'm going to say about the Gaga Vs Madonna. Everything I see Gaga doing now, I saw Madonna doing during the whole "Erotica"/"Sex Book" era in the early 90's. Wearing while sexy outfits etc. Also late 90's Madonna was on that techno/electronica ish Gaga is on now. Again No Idea's Original. She's doing nothing new at all. She's really lucky Madonna hasn't made her own "Black Friday" cause the influence is clear as day.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What was up with Usher? ? was kind of creepy.

dxh1fc.jpg

I KNEW I wasn't the only one like wtf is this ? talking about " remember when we met in the parking lot? It's your time now"
  • usmarin3
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is the last thing I'm going to say about the Gaga Vs Madonna. Everything I see Gaga doing now, I saw Madonna doing during the whole "Erotica"/"Sex Book" era in the early 90's. Wearing while sexy outfits etc. Also late 90's Madonna was on that techno/electronica ish Gaga is on now. Again No Idea's Original. She's doing nothing new at all. She's really lucky Madonna hasn't made her own "Black Friday" cause the influence is clear as day.

Cofucking sign, RAY OF LIGHT album birthed these wannabe ? . It's funny how people have the worst memory and attention span in this country.
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Cofucking sign, RAY OF LIGHT album birthed these wannabe ? . It's funny how people have the worst memory and attention span in this country.

Like I said. I like them both. Lady Gaga may have been inspired in her theatrics by Madonna, but I like gaga's acoustic stuff on the piano best. Madonna never did anything like that.
  • rapmastermind
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I follow music, just all things in general, reggae, indie rock,etc. Ask me and i'll probably know about it!

Some people are so Close Minded. You can be aware of other artist and other genre's without even being huge fans. I listen to everything, I do not close my ears off good music no matter what genre. Sure I like certain genre' more than others but good music is good music and yes Madonna does have some good songs in her catalog. Doesn't mean I posters on the wall or have been to her concerts. She's one of the biggest stars in the history of music, even if you aren't a fan you at the very minimum aware of her and her impact. All I know is when I see Gaga, I see Madonna and I'm not the only one that has said and felt this.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Damn, coolio and Sir Mix A Lot have grammys, but Nas doesn't

wrong on so many levels
  • usmarin3
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Like I said. I like them both. Lady Gaga may have been inspired in her theatrics by Madonna, but I like gaga's acoustic stuff on the piano best. Madonna never did anything like that.

LOL at you acting as if her accoustic stuff is why she is known, her pop fluff and gimmick is the reason why anyone knows her. I wouldn't be surprise if her coked up ass doesn't od and die in a few years.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The Reason is turning so soft smmfh
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    ^^^Word.....

Nas is under dog for life and he accepts it......GOAT

I think it was a wrap when he wore the ****** T-shirt to the grammys

Cant be takin power away from they favorite words and ?
  • usmarin3
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    The Reason is turning so soft smmfh

Pause..........................................no C LOS
  • rapmastermind
    edited February 2011
    Options
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    Damn, coolio and Sir Mix A Lot have grammys, but Nas doesn't

wrong on so many levels

Tons of great rappers never won a Grammy. NaS isn't the only one. Run DMC doesn't have any Grammy's and they put Hip Hop on the Map. I'm shocked even that Areosmith Callabo didn't get them one.
  • C-LOS G
    C-LOS G Members Posts: 198
    edited February 2011
    Options
    .....Not once.....but TWICE was Drizzy robbed.......? the Grammy Academy.
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    edited February 2011
    Options
    LOL at you acting as if her accoustic stuff is why she is known, her pop fluff and gimmick is the reason why anyone knows her. I wouldn't be surprise if her coked up ass doesn't od and die in a few years.

Hey it's like when Jay-Z said something like

For those that think Hov' thing is bling bling
    Either haven't heard the album or they don't know english
    They only know what the single is, and singled that out
    to be the meaning of what he is about
    And bein I'm about my business, not minglin much
    runnin my mouth, that ? kept lingerin
    But no ? , that's the ? I'm sprinklin
    The album with to keep the registers ringin