Prenuptial Marriage Agreements

Options
juice86
juice86 Members Posts: 832
edited October 2010 in The Social Lounge
Lets speak on it

Loves a joke, Im not letting no ? take my money just because she got use to me taking care of her, specially if she is the one to leave the relationship. Its like be playing taxes on land you dont own.

Ladies of IC ? you if you think taking a man for half is the way it should be, and Guys of IC your dumb if you dont get one

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not sure if this was meant to go into the Social Lounge. Anyway, women are catching up in terms of income, so we're going to be seeing more and more divorces where the man brings significantly less financially. For these reasons, I don't think we should look at this matter as purely a matter of men benefiting from prenups and women benefiting from no prenup.

Nonetheless, it seems that most women I hear from on the matter say they wouldn't even consider a prenuptial agreement. Too bad. At this point, anyone getting married should recognize that the marriage is now statistically more likely to end in divorce than not. It obviously wouldn't be good to enter a marriage with expectations of divorce, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be prepared for the possibility of it. It's the most likely outcome; you're not special just because you feel a deep connection and "know" this is forever. Nobody gets married thinking it won't last. Besides, if it really is forever and if the love is real, the prenup will be irrelevant. Couples going through a divorce have a lot to deal with and the ones who end up well adjusted and happy afterward are usually the ones who remain civil with each other and don't have a nasty breakup. Well, the money and the assets tend to fuel a lot of the nastiness in divorces. So if you're an adult about it, and are willing to recognize that no matter how strong your love is, things may someday change, and also recognize that in the event that the marriage doesn't last, you don't want to go through a bunch of nasty legal fights and arguments with someone you care deeply about, a prenuptial agreement is just an adult decision.