$50 NBA Jam slams PS3, 360 Nov. 17

Options
Bcotton5
Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in IllGaming
EA Sports announces arcade basketball title's release date and price point; online mode pared down at launch.EA Sports has finally announced an official price point and release date for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of NBA Jam. However, those with a proclivity for online play might not be thrilled. The arcade basketball title will drive the lane for high-definition consoles on November 17 at the same $50 price point as the Wii version. The game was originally set to be included exclusively with copies of NBA Elite before that game was indefinitely postponed in late September. NBA Jam lights up the Xbox 360 and PS3 next month.When the game ships, players will be able to take part in the game's Remix Tour and Classic Campaign but will have only limited access to the game's online multiplayer component. According to EA Sports, players choosing to take their skills online will have only one avenue in which to do so on launch day. Players can jump into the classic two-vs.-two online mode on day one but w

Comments

• PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    $50 LOL.......... your joking. This is a pass. I'll get this when the price comes to $29.99.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    50 bones ? that. they should have made it a $10 DLC and called it a day.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited October 2010
    Options
    got it on the wii....not even worth 5 bucks imo......even tho the obama vs palin unlock is dope
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    $50?? FOH EA laucing out chere...
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    two words.

? that.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol cosign everybody posts, they lost so much money on Elite that they trying to recoup a lil bit with this

Only way Im buying this is if its a $15 digital download, MAYBE $20
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ill wait for 20 beans
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options

Only way Im buying this is if its a $15 digital download, MAYBE $20

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I was expecting to ? to be a download off of psn......? this ? ......I'll wait a few months a cop it off ebay for 20 bucks
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ill wait for 20 beans

lllmmmaaoo,, e2s,, you my nig,,, but this ? funny on so many levels.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    But...its ok for NBA 2K, Madden, etc to be $60 ever year? This is the same board who voted NBA 2K11 as their most anticipated game of the month.

What other choice did EA have? It's $50 on Wii. Then you add online and HD for the 360 and PS3 versions...yet they were expected to release it as some $10 download game?
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    But...its ok for NBA 2K, Madden, etc to be $60 ever year? This is the same board who voted NBA 2K11 as their most anticipated game of the month.

What other choice did EA have? It's $50 on Wii. Then you add online and HD for the 360 and PS3 versions...yet they were expected to release it as some $10 download game?

So what happens if NBA Elite does drop later down? Do they expect people to pay full price for that too, considering the two were to be packaged together for one price?
  • focus
    edited October 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    So what happens if NBA Elite does drop later down? Do they expect people to pay full price for that too

Don't they always?

Thats my point.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

What other choice did EA have? It's $50 on Wii.

ford focus why are u defending the company and not the customers themselves? you sound like a ? tea partier.

and elite isnt coming out on the wii (according to wiki and EA's site). THATS why Jam is 50.
  • focus
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ford focus why are u defending the company and not the customers themselves? you sound like a ? tea partier.

and elite isnt coming out on the wii (according to wiki and EA's site). THATS why Jam is 50.

I'm not "defending" anyone. I am posing a question for discussion on a forum.

And...so you think Jam is $50 on Wii because Elite isnt droppin on Wii? Not because...every new game on Wii is $50?
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options

lol @ comparing NBA Jam to NBA 2K
  • focus
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol @ comparing NBA Jam to NBA 2K

So you think NBA 2K, Madden, etc are worth $60 every year? Just asking.
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    As far as I know (and I didn't really put much research in because I don't check for basketball games) NBA Jam was a stand-alone games for the Wii and going to be packaged with Elite as a "bonus" for 360 and PS3.

Now that Elite has been "delayed" and Jam is dropping for$ 50.00, what does that mean? That Elite will sell for $ 10.00? Or that it has been cancelled?
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options

If the gameplay is improved and the overall experience is better, and NOT JUST A ROSTER UPDATE, then yes. If its the same formula, no. (Don't play Madden, NBA, NHL or MLB so I can't say if they were worth it.)

Is a new COD every year worth $ 90.00?
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options

no I dont buy them every year, Im buying 2k11, the last game basketball games I bought before that was 2k9 and Live 04

I aint bought a Madden since Shaun Alexander was on the cover
  • focus
    edited October 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    If the gameplay is improved and the overall experience is better, and NOT JUST A ROSTER UPDATE, then yes.

So...you think EA and 2K should charge $60 some years...and maybe $39.99 others? Then maybe release their games as downloads some years, then maybe $60 again another year, $29.99 the next....just depending on their definition of "improved or not improved gameplay" and a "better or not better overall experience"?

Just tryin to understand how this would work....
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options
    no I dont buy them every year, Im buying 2k11, the last game basketball games I bought before that was 2k9 and Live 04

I aint bought a Madden since Shaun Alexander was on the cover

they damn sure worth more than NBA Jam in HD though
  • focus
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they damn sure worth more than NBA Jam in HD though

Which is why they cost $10 more than NBA Jam.
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Which is why they cost $10 more than NBA Jam.