NFS: Hot Pursuit demo tomorrow

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in IllGaming
EA is set to release a Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit demo this week. Xbox 360 owners can play from tomorrow and PS3 owners the day after.

But note that the demo will disappear on 9th November. Why? Because of online features that presumably clash with what the live servers will offer when Hot Pursuit launches on 19th November.

Specifically, you can test the game's social network Autolog, which provides updates and challenges and keeps you abreast of what your friends are up to.

It's one of the more ambitious features of Burnout maker Criterion's new game - the others were digested artfully by Eurogamer's Oli Welsh at the end of last month.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-25-nfs-hot-pursuit-demo-tomorrow

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nice imma peep this out. i was disapointed in the last couple of NFS games.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I doubt we will be disappointed with NFS:HP... it's done by Criterion Games same company that made Burnout Paradise.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    SMH I haven't played Burnout Paradise in a long time.

I'll be checking this demo though. I've been in demo mode lately. I'm getting ready to check that Lara Croft and a few others.
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    nice imma peep this out. i was disapointed in the last couple of NFS games.

So was I. The last two were based on track racing. This one is back on the streets and running from cops. The original on PS1 was one of my all time favs.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I used to play this all the time. My Favorite NFS though was Underground (1,2) and Carbon
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I used to play this all the time. My Favorite NFS though was Underground (1,2) and Carbon

You forget about Undercover? It had police too. Kind of like a re-make of Hot Pursuit
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    with city and town roads versus just plain old mountain sides and highways...

Yep, but it looks like HP is taking it back out of town.
  • satyrone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    So was I. The last two were based on track racing. This one is back on the streets and running from cops. The original on PS1 was one of my all time favs.

yea i know. im an import car head and i liked the underground series alot but when they try to made NFS into a sim they lost me there. and im glad its back to the hot pursit ? .
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Damn, I might have to check this out. I haven't played a Need For Speed since the Hot Pursuit game back in 1999.......
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? i remember this on the first playstation...nothin is funner than running from the cops in a ghini...until them mahfuckas throw that spike strip out on ya ass...
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? i remember this on the first playstation...nothin is funner than running from the cops in a ghini...until them mahfuckas throw that spike strip out on ya ass...

that right there was the killer
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This demo was clean as ? . I'm gettin' this one. I missed open road type ? , I think the last one like this, that I played, was Burnout Revenge that I really liked. I don't like Paradise much.

This game is gonna be a def. cop. It's gonna be fun online chasing or being chased and pulling out your spike strips, heli, road blocks etc
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    control felt loose to me or it could've been b/c i've been playing split/second
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    control felt loose to me or it could've been b/c i've been playing split/second

I see you set a damn good time there. I like the autolog system that tells you your friends have beaten you by how much and their rank.

I felt the same way about the controls too, but got used to it after a while. They increased the sim factor, so the cars handle ore realistic. Still, these are basic cars and would handle better with suspension and tire upgardes.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Add me to PSN so I can compete with you guys in times...

Canibuss
  • VIBE
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Add me to PSN so I can compete with you guys in times...

Canibuss

Man, ? your times lol you got a high time in the pursuit one I think. At first it I would always lose the stupid Lancer, like 3 or 4 times. Then I finally realized I had ? to use, "spike strips" and "road blocks". I think I placed 2nd, beat Vagant's time.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Downloading this demo now to see what the ? is up.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Man, ? your times lol you got a high time in the pursuit one I think. At first it I would always lose the stupid Lancer, like 3 or 4 times. Then I finally realized I had ? to use, "spike strips" and "road blocks". I think I placed 2nd, beat Vagant's time.

The ? ? my time got beat?

damn, and i already deleted the demo
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im so glad there was a demo.
    i woulda bought this game blindly and been ? .

the last NFS i played and luved was Most Wanted... i was hoping the game would be like that...its not.

its more like an updated version of the PS1 game(s)
  • satyrone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? was dope i dl;d it and played it today. i cant wait to drive that Bugatti
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    You forget about Undercover? It had police too. Kind of like a re-make of Hot Pursuit

Mistake. I meant Most Wanted
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what kind of times are yall finishing with? It seems like nobody on my friend list d/l'ed the game.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just played and got 3:04. This ? kinda fun.