Shaq O'Neal

Options
Tommy Billfiger
Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
edited October 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Whats your opinion on shaq he wont be retiring until the end of the 2012 season he's been done since 06 imo

But he is one of the greatest C's ever,But he also was lazy and kinda petty

Will he be remembered for This

shaq_dunk.jpg

This LMAO

both3.jpg

Or carrying the lakers in his most dominate point of his career and bring them 3 championships wit a Mvp and 3 finals mvp

Prolly the most unstoppable force ever from 99-02

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    probably be remembered as the most dominant big man. ever.

i don't know if he'll be remembered for carrying the Lakers to their titles or him winning all of the finals MVP's, because i would guess that alot of people don't even know that, they probably assume kobe won at least 2 or 3. so that part of his legacy may get overlooked.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited October 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    probably be remembered as the most dominant big man. ever.

i don't know if he'll be remembered for carrying the Lakers to their titles or him winning all of the finals MVP's, because i would guess that alot of people don't even know that, they probably assume kobe won at least 2 or 3. so that part of his legacy may get overlooked.

Definitely cosign this cats on this board alone have said 'Come on shaq Wasnt THAT dominant' this was only 8-9 years ago
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He reminds me of me in a way but he will be remembered as the most dominant big man ever could of been the greatest if he fine tuned his skills
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If people like wilt,bill russell,george mikan,walton played against shaq from 93-02 they woulda got humiliated

Shaq wasnt really skilled for a C compared to yao,Hakeem,ewing they all have good mid range J's ewing could handle the rock for a big man,hakeem had moves like a forward/guard

He the most athletic big man ever I dont think he get his props he put up 30 ppg and 14 rebounds that mvp season and 41 and 15 in the finals he was killin ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Should have retired after Miami..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    he only played to his maximum potential once and that was 2000, shaq work ethic wasn't great, if he had that drive he could have had more than one season like his 2000 season.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    he only played to his maximum potential once and that was 2000, shaq work ethic wasn't great, if he had that drive he could have had more than one season like his 2000 season.

NO sign he had other seasons where he beasted he put up 29 and 13 his 2nd year in the league Mvp goes to team success too
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I dont see why ppl say he'a the most dominate big ever. During his prime there were no legit centers in the league. Dream, admiral, ewing and mourning were on the downside of their respective careers. And before they got old they used to hold their own nh or out play shaq.(see 95 finals)

He was dominate but not the MOST dominate.
  • Darius
    edited October 2010
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    I dont see why ppl say he'a the most dominate big ever. During his prime there were no legit centers in the league. Dream, admiral, ewing and mourning were on the downside of their respective careers. And before they got old they used to hold their own nh or out play shaq.(see 95 finals)

He was dominate but not the MOST dominate.

there weren't as many taller guys who could run around w/ reggie miller all game long and be able to contest his shots, but yet Reggie is still known as one of the greatest shooters ever.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He dont get the respect he deserved cause his dominance came after great centers like Olajuwon, Ewing and Robinson had all retired or was ending their careers. He should have dominated those few years cause it was no other big man to compete with on his level
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He should be considered as the most athletic big man ever, and one of the laziest superstars ever.

I can't say the most dominating big man, I know it's different time periods and Shaq had to go against better talent but Wilt easily dominated the Center position on a higher level.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hakeem was the most dominant i seen.. he was relentless defensively and well.. his post game. mid range. speakers for it self he moved like a SG. Shaq brought that raw power.. and intimidation factor on defense.. bother were the best i had the privilege to see though
  • Darius
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dominance for me = the ability to have your way with the defender by using the minimal amount of effort or moves
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He dont get the respect he deserved cause his dominance came after great centers like Olajuwon, Ewing and Robinson had all retired or was ending their careers. He should have dominated those few years cause it was no other big man to compete with on his level

This the only thing I hold against him.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    where is shaq ranked on the lakers all-time list?
  • 5th Letter
    edited October 2010
    Options
    NO sign he had other seasons where he beasted he put up 29 and 13 his 2nd year in the league Mvp goes to team success too

look beyond the numbers shaq got by off pure talent ala vince carter (not comparing them just an example) if shaq put in that extra work he could have been a 4 or 5 time straight mvp. shaq was comfortable doing just enough.
  • Darius
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i guess peopel forget shaq was going up against hakeem, ewing and robinson BEFORE they fell off...and alonzo and mutombo and smits were all decent big men.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i guess peopel forget shaq was going up against hakeem, ewing and robinson BEFORE they fell off...and alonzo and mutombo and smits were all decent big men.

But people at that time wasnt saying he was the best during that period
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    there weren't as many taller guys who could run around w/ reggie miller all game long and be able to contest his shots, but yet Reggie is still known as one of the greatest shooters ever.
    Key phrase "one of"....thats exactly what I said about shaq, dominate but not the MOST dominate
  • Darius
    edited October 2010
    Options
    But people at that time wasnt saying he was the best during that period

up until around the '03 season, he was getting close to 30pts, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks a game...i'm sure some people were saying it
  • 5th Letter
    edited October 2010
    Options
    shaq only dominated his era for like 3 years, a guy like duncan who was his rival won two straight mvp's during shaq's most dominate phase. if shaq wasn't lazy and didn't go off pure talent he could have had 6 or 7 straight years of pure dominance.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I dont care what ? say shaq was that ?
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Who was more dominant than shaq? and dont say wilt cuz That era was way slower wit no big men or 3 in the key

I can go dominate some 4th graders right now on a 7 foot jammer thats basically what was hapennin

When u get doubled and tripled as soon as u get the rock it dont get no more dominant than that

50957362_display_image.jpg?1283351112

Pistons was a top defensive team and u see billups down there by shaq thats all that need to be said

Shaq made wallace,mutumbo,Zo look bad all defensive C's
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    shaq is gonna go down top 5 center of all-time
    he should've retired after the heat won, imo.
    he started 2 decline durin that finals series.
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Anybody woulda been lucky to have him in his prime....especially since there were no Bigs in the league that could match up physically