how do you feel about people who dont have a favorite team...

Options
Mdizzle9000
Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
just a favorite player? i know some dudes who might say "lebrons my favorite player but i dont really have a favorite team" so they'll root for wherever he at or whoever they feel like rooting for as opposed to somebody with loyalties to 1 team. is this ok? or is it kinda like some bandwagon ? .

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you don't have a team in your state then it's fine. Not having a favorite team at least means you watch it as a fan... now people who claim to have multiple favorite teams or their favorite team changes to whos hot, that ? is annoying and in violation of man law.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Niggga's like that usually don't know ? about sports.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    As far as basketball, the NBA doesn't market teams, it markets players, so that's actually understandable for someone to only have favorite players instead of teams.
  • WildcatOffense
    WildcatOffense Members Posts: 961
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There is no NBA team in my state so I am going to stick with my favorite player.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Most ? 's i know that don't have a home team in their state. Choose the closet team in the next state over by default.
  • jjswipe
    jjswipe Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Man, i was just getting on my coworker about that ? . I've been working with cuzz for 4 years, and in those 4 years, the heat, celtics, the suns, the cavs, and now the celtics again have been his "favorite team" each year. This ? uses his love for shaq and laker hateration as fuel for his point. You cant ever take a ? like that serious when it comes to a convo about sports or even talking about a game from the previous night. I was on that ? tough today when he was trying to chop it up about the celtics/cavs game and the day before that, the heat/celtics matchup. I mean, thats that man's perrogative, but growing up, i was taught, if u don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. That includes your sports teams
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited October 2010
    Options
    2nd worst "sports fan" next to team ? .
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    you need a favorite team IMO

if not, ? outta here
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i dont have any Pro Sports team in my State so i usually watch all the games due to certain players, and im just a huge sports fan

somehow i Live in South Carolina and became a Bengals Fan tho....i Lost for that ...... Major L

But i dont have a Favorite Baseball or basketball team...but i watch all those sports just as equal...
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I only ? with the NBA so much, but I follow Shaq wherever he goes. I don't consider this bandwagonning really tho because he's well past his prime...so i'm not going with a front-running team. I got a boy who's a Lebron fan and follows him wherever he goes..I'd consider him a shameful fan. Because if you can't take the hard times then you aren't a real fan. And once Lebron is nearer the end of his career he'll probably be following someone else around.

But with the NFL it's Tampa all day
  • WildcatOffense
    WildcatOffense Members Posts: 961
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I only ? with the NBA so much, but I follow Shaq wherever he goes. I don't consider this bandwagonning really tho because he's well past his prime...so i'm not going with a front-running team. I got a boy who's a Lebron fan and follows him wherever he goes..I'd consider him a shameful fan. Because if you can't take the hard times then you aren't a real fan. And once Lebron is nearer the end of his career he'll probably be following someone else around.

Damn.:(......
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Fully agree. You get tested when you have to watch your team lose year after year, gotta stick with it....
  • bow to royalty
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Damn.:(......

haha, if ur following a player that's cool. But follow them until retirement. Like if you liked Grant Hill back in the day and followed him...you should be a Suns fan right now despite him not bein what he once was. And if Hill gets traded to the Raptors tomorrow...gotta be a Raptors fan.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Red Sox

Patriots

Celtics

Bruins (its a hockey team i think)

......and lebron fan...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im cool wit it, i have no favorite team, just a huge nba fan, i do have specific players to root for tho..
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I was askin this question because I was thinkin of all the people who are only "lebron fans" and it reminded me of a dude I used to know who once said " I'm not a sixer fan I'm an iverson fan, I don't have a favorite team". Lookin back on that I thought it was kinda corny and I say to myself "I bet he's a lebron fan now....."
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i became a heat fan on july 8, 2010.
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thats real common in football. especially when you have teams that just won a superbowl. I like 3 different NFL teams and i like VT football team
    I got alot of favorite NFL players but i dont root for their teams unless their playing the only 2 teams i hate
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thats real common in football. especially when you have teams that just won a superbowl. I like 3 different NFL teams and i like VT football team
    I got alot of favorite NFL players but i dont root for their teams unless their playing the only 2 teams i hate

? ...if anything i would think people WOULD have a favorite football team if not anything else
  • bow to royalty
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ya. it's real uncommon in football. Most people have a favorite team
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm one of those people. It's funny that people in this thread are actually looking down on people like me. Why do you even care if someone has a favorite team or just a favorite player?

I watch sports for entertainment, so naturally I follow what is most entertaining to me. If I like the way a player or group of players play, I watch them. It's as simple as that. Why do I have to dedicate some blind loyalty to a particular team?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just hate when ? who dont have a team try to make fun of my team
  • bow to royalty
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm one of those people. It's funny that people in this thread are actually looking down on people like me. Why do you even care if someone has a favorite team or just a favorite player?

I watch sports for entertainment, so naturally I follow what is most entertaining to me. If I like the way a player or group of players play, I watch them. It's as simple as that. Why do I have to dedicate some blind loyalty to a particular team?

You don't have to, but it's hard to talk sports with your friends if they're like that. Every year their favorite team wins the superbowl/championship. And when people r like that with football I tell them they aren't allowed to talk trash about my team if they don't have one. Man law violation.
  • bow to royalty
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just hate when ? who dont have a team try to make fun of my team

haha sed the same ? at the same time
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You don't have to, but it's hard to talk sports with your friends if they're like that. Every year their favorite team wins the superbowl/championship. And when people r like that with football I tell them they aren't allowed to talk trash about my team if they don't have one. Man law violation.

That sounds like something different. When I say I don't have a team, I mean I don't have a team. So when someone wins a championship, I don't jump up and act like I've been supporting them from day 1. If the team I wanted to win wins, I'll say that and that's about it.

As far as talking about teams, I'll might critique a team objectively from my standpoint but I don't just talk ? to talk ? . If your team is the Cowboys, I might say they suck. I'm not saying it just to be on them though. I'm saying it because right now they suck. If they were good, I'd say there were good.